The Bank of America Financial Advisor Program is an 18- month program. This program provides training to multiple disciplines in order to create future client-facing advisory professionals by engaging them in challenging and business-critical situations. Through this program, you will learn how to develop business acumen, provide sales support to Financial Advisors, and maintain relationships with clients. After completing this program, you will be able to provide exceptional client service as well as assist in business development and marketing.
- The Bank Of America Financial Advisor Program offers client experience through a network of approximately 15,000 client-facing Financial Advisors
- This program will give you a clear idea about the financial services industry, advisory business, and Financial Advisor career track
- The Bank Of America Financial Advisor Program is a 10-week program and offers a national curriculum of on-the-job training with experienced Financial Advisors
- You must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
What Is The Bank Of America Financial Advisor Program
The Bank of America provides a high-touch client experience through a network of approximately 15,000 client-facing Financial Advisors to its customers. This program is designed to provide a foundation in understanding the financial services industry, advisory business, and Financial Advisor career track. Through this program, you will gain exposure to key aspects of wealth management that includes various investment vehicles, relationship building, and client support. This is a 10-week program and offers a national curriculum of on-the-job training with experienced Financial Advisors. After enrolling in this program, as an intern, your key tasks and responsibilities may include –
1. Conducting product, market, and client research
2. Developing business acumen and understanding of the markets
3. Providing dedicated administrative and sales support to Financial Advisors
4. Building and maintaining relationships with clients; providing exceptional client service
5. Assisting in business development and marketing
6. Reporting and analysis
7. Completing weekly learning activities and ad-hoc projects
If you are planning to apply for Financial Advisor Program then you are only allowed to submit:
1. 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
2. 2 applications in total to APAC programs
3. 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
4. EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season
5. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs
Qualifications For Bank Of America Financial Advisor Program
1. Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2017 – June 2019 (sophomores and juniors)
2. 3.0 GPA preferred
3. Demonstrated record of achievement
4. Entrepreneurial mindset and motivation to succeed in a client-focused environment
5. A confident and engaging presence
6. Analytical and critical thinking skills
7. Technical skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are advantageous
8. Strong interest in becoming a Financial Advisor
Overview Of Bank Of America Financial Advisor Program
|Region||U.S. and Canada|
|Location||United States of America|
|City||Albany, NY, Atlanta, GA, Baltimore, MD, Baton Rouge, LA, Bloomington, IN, Boston, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, Columbia, MD, Denver, CO, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Fort Worth, TX, Garden City, NY, Grand Rapids, MI, Great Neck, NY, Houston, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Leawood, KS, Los Angeles, CA, Melville, NY, Menlo Park, CA, Miami, FL, Minneapolis, MN, Montgomery, New Orleans, LA, New York, NY, Norfolk, VA, North Bethesda, MD, Northbrook, IL, Oak Brook, IL, Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ, Pittsburgh, PA, Princeton, NJ, Providence, RI, Raleigh, NC, Saint Louis, MO, San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA, San Jose, CA, Scottsdale, AZ, Washington, DC, Wayne, NJ, White Plains, NY, Detroit, MI|
|Program||Financial Advisor Summer Analyst Program|
|Program type||Summer internship|
Other Employee Development Programs Of Bank Of America
Apart from the Financial Advisory Program, Bank of America also provides a range of development programs for leaders who show potential as future business and C-level executives that include –
Women’s Next Level Leadership Program: This program provides assessments, strategies, and tactics to help the women progress their careers through an eight-month virtual development experience.
Women’s Executive Development Program: This program is organized by the faculty of Columbia Business School to engage, develop, and support the career advancement of potential women. This program includes assessments, virtual development sessions, leadership coaching, local market engagement opportunities, etc.
Diverse Leader Sponsorship Program: This program combined rising talent with senior leader sponsors to increase the visibility and representation of diverse talent. It includes development sessions, executive sponsorship, and engagement opportunities.
Accelerated Development Program: This is a one-year program that will help you accelerate the growth of your skills through assessments and virtual learning events.
Manager Resources – Leading in the Current Environment: The resources of this program are developed specifically to support managers in the current health crisis, including manager guides; Manager Excellence, etc.
Manager Excellence Program: This training program shares practical business tips from all the senior leaders and gives insight into topics that will support company priorities.
New Manager Program: The Bank of America offers New Manager Program to help the new or recently promoted managers to build the skill and knowledge to successfully lead their teams. This program provides a range of interactive, tailored resources that fits the managers’ needs.
Manager Excellence Consultants: This program targets mid-level managers, HR professionals and provides one-on-one coaching and virtual and in-person training. The main mission of this program is to help managers build their skills and connect everyday decisions to enterprise priorities.
FAQs About What Can You Learn From The Bank Of America Financial Advisor Program?
What does a financial advisory intern do?
If you are working as a financial advisor intern then your duties include doing basic administrative work, providing support to senior advisors, financial strategies, etc. Moreover, your responsibilities also include researching investments and analyzing a client’s finances.
Is Bank of America training paid?
Yes, Bank of America’s training is paid. However, the payment is made by the Bank of America.
How Do You Get Picked At Bank Of America?
Below are the Bank of America eligibility criteria –
1. The candidate must have passed 10th and 12th from a recognized educational institution securing at least 60% marks
2. Also, they must have secured at least 50% marks in all the semesters of a degree course to date
3. The candidate should not have any current backlogs
What Are The Top Courses For Banking?
Some of the top courses for banking are –
1. PGDM Banking and Finance (NIBM)
2. NSE PGP in Investment Banking and Capital Markets
3. BSE Banking and Finance
4. Actuarial Science
References: 1 https://careers.bankofamerica.com/en-us/company/organization/banking-markets-finance/advisor-development-program#:~:text=The%20Bank%20of%20America%20Advisor,of%20the%20clients’%20financial%20journey.
References: 2 https://campus.bankofamerica.com/careers/advisor_development_rotational_program.html
Last Updated on October 30, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.