The bank of America is a multinational investment bank and financial service provider of the USA and it is the second-largest banking institution in the United States of America. This bank was founded in 1998 through NationsBank’s acquisition of BankAmerica. Bank of America has introduced a mobile banking service for their account holders. Now Bank of America accounts holders can deposit checks using Bank of America’s mobile banking app.
The Bank of America allows mobile check deposits using any mobile with a built-in camera and their mobile banking app. However, there is a limit on the amount you can deposit via mobile deposit. For accounts 3 months old or more; the mobile deposit limit is $10,000 per month. On the other hand, for accounts less than three months old; the mobile deposit limit is $2,500 per month. Moreover, Bank of America Preferred Rewards members with membership for less than three months; the deposit limit is $25,000 per month and for members with membership for more than three months, the deposit limit is $50,000 per month.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Features Of Bank Of America Mobile Banking
- 2 How To Open Bank Of America Mobile Banking Account
- 3 How To Deposit Checks With Bank Of America Mobile Deposit
- 4 How Long Does Bank Of America Mobile Deposit Take
- 5 How To Pay Bill With Bank Of America Mobile Banking App
- 6 How To Temporarily Lock Debit Card Using Bank Of America Mobile Banking App
- 7 FAQs About Bank Of America Mobile Deposit
- 7.1 1. How To Connect With Bank Of America If There Is Any Problem With Mobile Deposit?
- 7.2 2. What Types Of Checks Are Accepted With Mobile Check Deposit At Bank Of America?
- 7.3 3. What Will Happen If There Is Any Problem With A Mobile Deposit?
- 7.4 4. Are There Any Fees For Bank Of America Mobile Deposit?
Features Of Bank Of America Mobile Banking
Bank of America mobile banking ensures a convenient banking experience for USA-based accounts. Some of the key features of Bank of America mobile banking are –
You can manage your accounts:
1. Check the balance
2. Deposit checks
3. View statements
4. Pay bills
5. Transfer money between your accounts
6. Set up alerts through email
7. Text or push notifications
8. Browse cash-back deals
9. Securely send and receive money with Zelle
You can pay bills:
1. Schedule or pay bills online
2. Pay eBills
3. Add/edit payees
4. You can make a check deposit:
5. Unlimited number of checks
6. Immediately see the processing of check deposit
Get Help from a virtual assistant named Erica:
1. Ask Erica to find transactions, pay bills, and more
2. Get valuable alerts, helpful insights, and financial guidance
3. You can get better customer support:
4. Reach a representative for help
5. Schedule an appointment to meet with a specialist
6. Find ATMs and financial centers
7. Bank of America mobile banking provides excellent security:
8. Set up fingerprint sign-in
9. Provide the notification for fraudulent activity
How To Open Bank Of America Mobile Banking Account
Bank of America has mobile banking app for both Android and iOS operating systems. So you can easily enjoy the mobile banking feature from your device. However, before you can open a Bank of America Mobile banking account you have to sign up for online banking in order to get the username and password for mobile banking. Here are the steps to sign up for online banking:
1. First, open a browser on your computer
2. Now visit the Bank of America Online Banking Enrollment page
3. Select the state where you have opened your account
4. Then select the type of account
5. If you have a credit card then select “I have a Bank of America Credit Card” and then enter the number
6. Then enter the ZIP code click “Continue Enrollment” to proceed to the next page
7. If required, then enter your Bank of America debit card number and then enter the PIN
8. After that, provide the last four digits of your social security number
9. Then type your email id twice
10. Click on the “Agree” to the Service Agreement and the Electronic Communications Disclosure
11. Then click on the “Continue Enrollment” button
12. n image called a SiteKey and enters a caption for the image
13. Finally, click on the “Continue Enrollment” button to complete the process
Now, wait for the online enrolment confirmation email. Usually, it takes few hours to receive the mail. In the mail, you will find the required username and password for opening the mobile banking account. If you have received the username and password then follow the below steps to open the Bank of America mobile banking account:
1. First, download the Bank of America Mobile Banking app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
2. Once the download is completed, open the app on your mobile
3. Now enter the username/online ID and password
4. Then click on the “Sign In” and your mobile banking account is ready
How To Deposit Checks With Bank Of America Mobile Deposit
With a Bank of America mobile banking account, you can easily deposit checks anytime from anywhere. Depositing a check is very easy, follow the steps below:
1. First, open the app on your mobile and log into your account
2. Select the “Deposit Checks” option from the Menu
3. Now select the account where you want to deposit the check
4. Take a picture of the entire check with your mobile phone’s camera
5. Then take a picture of the entire back of your endorsed check
6. Make sure you endorse the back of the check by signing it and writing “for deposit only at Bank of America” below your signature
7. Enter the amount of the deposit
8. Now check all the information and click on the deposit button to complete the process
How Long Does Bank Of America Mobile Deposit Take
Well, the time requires for a bank of America mobile deposit depends on the time zone where your account was opened as well as the type of deposit and when the deposit was made. If you made a check deposit before the cut-off time on a business day then the funds will be available the following business day. For example –
1. If you deposit a check before 8:00 pm CT then it will be available in the next business day
2. If you deposit a check after 8:00 pm CT then it will be available by the second business day after the deposit has been submitted
3. If the check is deposited on Christmas day then the funds will be available 48 hours after the deposit has been submitted
According to Bank of America’s Deposit Agreement and Disclosure, there might be a delay in fund availability in some special circumstances. If there is any delay in fund availability then you will be notified. In this type of situation first, $225 of the deposited funds will be available to you the next business day, however, if you have a new account then there are some restrictions for you. During the first 30 days of your new account, funds from personal check deposits will be available by the 5th business day. However, if you deposit certified or cashier’s checks, or teller, travelers, or government checks then the first $5,525 of each day’s deposit will be available before the end of 2nd business day.
How To Pay Bill With Bank Of America Mobile Banking App
If you have a Bank of America mobile banking account then you can easily pay various types of bills from the mobile banking app. The process is very convenient. Here are the steps –
1. First, open the Bank of America mobile banking app on your mobile
2. Now log in to your account
3. Then tap on the menu icon and from the available options click on the Bill Pay
4. Now add a company or person to pay the bill
5. Provide the amount that you want to pay
6. Finally, tap on the “Make Payments” button to complete the process
How To Temporarily Lock Debit Card Using Bank Of America Mobile Banking App
Bank of America Mobile Banking allows you to manage your debit card directly from your mobile phone using the mobile banking app. This way you can lock your lost debit card to prevent unauthorized use until you find it or replace the card with a new one. Here are the details:
1. First, open the app on your mobile and log into your account
2. Now tap on the Menu icon and from the available options click on the “Manage Debit Cards”
3. Then choose the card that you want to manage
4. Finally, toggle to Lock or Unlock the debit card
FAQs About Bank Of America Mobile Deposit
1. How To Connect With Bank Of America If There Is Any Problem With Mobile Deposit?
Bank of America is committed to providing the highest quality financial service to its account holders. If you encounter any problem with the mobile deposit then you can easily contact customer support for a solution.
1. Bank of America Customer Service: 800-432-1000
2. Outside the U.S.: 1-315-724-4022
3. Spanish: 800-688-6086
4. For Individuals Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing: 800-288-4408
2. What Types Of Checks Are Accepted With Mobile Check Deposit At Bank Of America?
Bank of America only accepts checks from a U.S. financial institution, in U.S. dollars. The following types of checks are eligible for mobile deposit at the bank of America:
1. Personal checks
2. Business checks
3. Government/treasury checks
4. Cashier’s checks
3. What Will Happen If There Is Any Problem With A Mobile Deposit?
If there is any problem with the deposited check like insufficient funds or potential fraud, then you will receive an email asking you to bring the check to a financial center to resolve the issue.
4. Are There Any Fees For Bank Of America Mobile Deposit?
No; there are no additional fees for using Mobile Check Deposit at Bank of America.
Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by Musa D