Some of the best business simulation games for iOS are SimCity BuildIt, Farming Simulator 18, Operate Now: Hospital, RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch, Ship Tycoon, Youtubers Life, Motorsport Manager Mobile 3, Game Dev Story, and many more.
- Business simulation games allow you to develop various skills related to business analysis, decision-making, etc.
- Business simulation games offer risk-free learning opportunities by replicating real-life scenarios
- Business students can use business simulation games as a tool to develop organizational management skills
- Playing business simulation games will improve your business acumen and business finance skills
Benefits Of Playing Business Simulation Games
Generally, a business simulation game replicates real-life scenarios in the form of a game so anyone can play this type of game for various purposes like analysis, or prediction. Moreover, this type of game is great for overall mental build-up because they offer:
1. Risk-Free Learning
2. Multiplayer Environment
3. Interactive Gameplay
4. Realistic Situations
5. In-Game Rewards
List Of Best Business Simulation Games For IOS
5. Ship Tycoon
1. SimCity BuildIt
This is a very renowned city-building simulation mobile game and it was first released on October 22, 2014, by Electronic Arts. You can download the game from iOS, Android, and Amazon app stores. In this game, the basic factories produce the items and building block materials that are used as the foundation for building more advanced items. By doing so, you will be able to upgrade the residences. With every upgrade, the residences will reward you with money, population, and experience. You have to use the in-game currency to make the buildings and upgrade factories, stores, and public facilities. Stunning graphics, intuitive controls, and addictive mechanics makes this game one of the best iOS business simulation game.
2. Farming Simulator 18
In this game, you have to take the role of a modern farmer where you go hands-on and spend some time driving a variety of vehicles and do different types of jobs on your own farm. This is a business simulator game where you have to maintain a spreadsheet. These will show your profit and loss on every crop, livestock, and forestry. You have to make different decisions to maintain stability on your farm and develop it and eventually become a business tycoon. In this game, you will also be able to breed pigs and grow sunflowers. This game was first released on June 6, 2017, and it is available on platforms like Android, iOS, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita. Some other key features of this game are:
1. Use realistic tractors and trucks from some of the biggest agriculture machine makers
2. Plant and harvest six different crops: Wheat, canola, corn, sugar beet, potatoes, and sunflower
3. Feed your cows and sheep to produce and sell milk and wool
4. New 3D graphics show even more detail on your machinery
5. Play with friends in local multiplayer mode via WiFi
3. Operate Now: Hospital
This is a very popular business simulation game among the iPhone and other iOS device users. This game not only lets you give treatment to the patients and do operations but also gives you full rule over the functioning of the hospital. That means you also have to play the role of a hospital administrator. As a hospital administrator, you have to build and manage a hospital, cure diseases, and continually improve your hospital and staff. Moreover, you have to find a cure for highly unusual illnesses. You also have to hire personals and assign them to different rooms to generate profit. You have to complete the quests to unlock new levels and develop your hospital. This game was first released on August 9, 2016, for Android and iOS platforms. Some other key features of this game are:
1. Customize your hospital with unique and crazy skins
2. Operate your patients by performing incredibly realistic surgeries
3. Collect staff member’s cards & boosters
4. Complete characters backstories and unravel their hidden past
4. RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch
This is a free to play amusement park simulation game that will take you through the adventures of building and managing a theme park. In this game, you have to complete different quests to earn coins, tickets, and/or card packs and level up. This game challenges players with open-ended amusement park management and development. So in this game players have to construct and customize their own unique roller coasters and other thrill rides. The innovative, touch-control coaster builder allows you to effortlessly draw crazy and unique roller coasters. You can customize your park from 250 attractions including rides, roller coasters, restaurants, shops, decorations, and many more. This game was first released on February 22, 2017, and it is available for iOS and Android versions.
5. Ship Tycoon
This simulation game allows the players to customize and populate a cruise-liner to travel around the world in search of both monetary and reputation-based prizes. If you are a fan of corporate mega-dynasties then you will love this game. In this game, you have to make decisions to earn more profit and go to higher levels. It is an online multiplayer business simulation game so you can compete with other players to test your skills. There will be a management competition where you have to participate against various players from all over the world. You will start the game with a tiny bulk ship and with your management skills and efforts you have to turn your company into a global shipping company. Some key features of this game are:
1. Two game modes: Multi-player mode and single-player mode
2. More than 80 major worldwide ports
3. 5 different types of cargo ships
4. Over 50 different shipping items
5. Free and regular operations
6. Youtubers Life
This is a very popular life and business simulation video game first released on May 18, 2016. This game is developed by U-Play Online and this game is available on platforms like Android, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and iOS. There were times when no one has thought of Youtube as a business opportunity but this is not the case in 2020. This game puts you in the real life of a YouTuber with little equipment. You have to build your own channel and build your arsenal of equipment to make better videos and grow your channels. In this game you will be able to:
1. Go shopping and customize your avatar
2. Become a vlogger and show your followers what video games are your favorite ones in your channel
3. Manage your channel and edit videos from your studio
4. Put yourself in the lifestyle of a billionaire
5. Go to exclusive parties with your subscribers
7. Motorsport Manager Mobile 3
This is a very popular racing management-simulation strategy video game first released in 2018. You can play this game on platforms like Android and iOS. In this game, you have to create a top racing team composed of drivers, managers, mechanics, and designers. You will be responsible for putting a driver on the podium. This is a highly detailed game like the components of your car, assembling your team, voting on rules and regulations for the sport, and many more. There are over a dozen race tracks available in this game and each track is split into two parts – a one-time qualifying session and the final race. Other key features of this game are:
1. Work with your drivers to achieve the perfect qualifying lap.
2. Formulate the ideal pit stop strategy to win races.
3. Manage your cars around la Rascasse, Casino Square, and the Swimming Pool
4. AR support brings you the ultimate camera mode
5. Win championships across the world to reach the pinnacle of motorsport
8. Game Dev Story
This is a simulation video game developed by Kairosoft and published by SNK in April 1997 for Microsoft Windows, iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch. Many people want to take video game making as a profession and make a living out of it. But if you are not sure about this profession then you can play this game. In this game, you will be in charge of a small game studio with big aspirations. You have to make your dream game studio from a few employees to dozens and earn millions of dollars by selling games. This is a highly detailed game with responsibility for every aspect of the business like advertising, conventions, licensing, office space, hiring, and training of employees, and many more.
Last Updated on October 2, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.