Cash App is a very renowned and popular mobile payment service developed by Square, Inc. This app allows its users to send and receive money using a mobile phone app. Cash App allows its users to buy Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin but unfortunately, you can’t buy Dogecoin on Cash App. This app doesn’t allow its users to buy or sell Dogecoin. Dogecoin is not listed on Cash App and as long as it remains this way, you won’t be able to buy Dogecoin on Cash App.
Jump To A Section
- 1 What Is Dogecoin?
- 2 How To Buy Dogecoin
- 3 Types Of Dogecoin Wallets
- 4 List Of Best Crypto Exchanges For Dogecoin
- 5 Binance
- 6 Bitpanda
- 7 eToro
- 8 Kraken
- 9 Changelly
- 10 Gemini
- 11 Coinbase
- 12 FAQs About Can I Buy Dogecoin On Cash App
What Is Dogecoin?
Dogecoin is a pear-to-pear (P2P) open-source currency initially released on December 6, 2013. Dogecoin is known as the “fun and friendly” internet currency. Initially, this coin was considered a joke and serves no purpose but now Dogecoin worth more than Western Union or the Under Armour. Its mission was to help the public understand how blockchain works. Dogecoin uses the same basic technology as other Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and in many ways, it has introduced a few improvements to Bitcoin’s technology. Therefore, Dogecoin offers faster and more affordable trading compared to Bitcoin. You can easily buy and sell coins on digital currency exchanges and you can also store the Dogecoin on various wallets.
How To Buy Dogecoin
Before, buying any Cryptocurrency, whether it is Bitcoin or Dogecoin, you must check if the platform allows you to access your own wallet or transfer to and from banks and if the crypto is listed on that platform. Buying Dogecoin is similar to buying other cryptocurrencies and if you don’t know how then check the below process.
Create An Account On An Exchange
The first step of buying Dogecoin is to create an account on a cryptocurrency exchange that supports Dogecoin. When opening the account, you have to provide some basic information such as your email address, password, full name, address, phone number, etc. Dogecoin is supported by many exchanges including Coinbase, eToro, Robinhood, Gemini, and Webull. Make sure you compare all the available exchanges to find the best Cryptocurrency exchange for you. If you want to open an account on a licensed exchange then you might have to complete a Know Your Customer (KYC) procedure in order to be able to purchase cryptocurrency.
Deposit Funds Into Your Account
There are many exchanges available that will allow you to buy Dogecoin using fiat currencies, such as EUR, USD, AUD, and others. Moreover, you will be allowed to have multiple deposit methods so that you can add funds via credit and debit cards, e-wallets, or direct bank transfers. However, some exchanges have higher fees on various payment methods so make sure you check the fees involved with each payment method to avoid unnecessary costs.
This process is quite similar to other Cryptocurrencies. First, you have to search the Dogecoin (DOGE) and then you have to find the selection that will allow you to buy Dogecoin. Then you have to enter the amount that you want to buy. You can buy Dogecoin using other Cryptocurrencies or using fiat currency. After entering the amount, the exchange will calculate the equivalent amount of DOGE based on the current market rate. While buying Dogecoin, make sure you double-check the transaction details as well as the total cost of the purchase before confirming the transaction. This way you can avoid any kind of mistake. Finally, confirm the transaction to buy the Dogecoin.
Types Of Dogecoin Wallets
There are many Dogecoin wallets available and they are divided into two types –
1. Dogecoin Hardware Wallets
2. Dogecoin Software Wallets
Dogecoin Hardware Wallets
This is the safest wallet type but it requires an initial investment. You have to buy a hardware wallet, where most of the software wallets are free to use. However, Hardware wallets are more secure than software wallets. Moreover, the best part of a hardware wallet is, it keeps the private key of your wallet to your Doge offline on a physical device. The two best hardware wallets for Dogecoin are The Ledger Nano S and the Nano X. Both wallets support Dogecoin as well as 1000 other crypto assets.
Dogecoin Software Wallets
Usually, a software wallet keeps the private key to your Doge on your mobile phone, computer, or other devices, therefore they are vulnerable to malware. So, if you are thinking of using software wallets then make sure you take proper precautions and only download official or highly recommended wallets. A very popular Dogecoin-supported software wallet is MultiDoge. This wallet is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Other software wallets that you can use are Exodus or Coinomi. These two wallets are multi-currency wallets so you can also keep other Cryptocurrencies.
List Of Best Crypto Exchanges For Dogecoin
We already know that many crypto exchanges allow their users to buy and sell Dogecoin. But, do you know which are some of the best crypto exchanges for Dogecoin. Our experts have compared all the available crypto exchanges and made a list of the best crypto exchanges. They are –
Binance is a very renowned cryptocurrency exchange that supports the purchase of over 200 Cryptocurrencies. It was established in 2017 and supports worldwide users to buy Dogecoin. This exchange supports various traditional currencies and payment methods.
Steps To Buy Dogecoin On Binance
1. First, register an account on Binance
2. Once your account is approved, deposit funds in your account
3. Then click on Wallet and “Fiat and Spot”
4. Tap on the “Deposit” button
5. Then select the deposit currency for USD to the exchange
6. Now type DOGE on the search bar
7. From the result, click on the “DOGE/USDT” pair
8. Now enter the amount of Dogecoin that you want to buy
9. Finally, click on “Buy DOGE” to complete the process
This is an old Crypto exchange found in October 2014. This is an Austrian exchange and it only allows residents of the EU to buy Doge and other cryptocurrencies through a variety of payment methods. It supports Neteller, Skrill, SEPA, etc. and the daily limit for a verified account is €2,500 for credit card purchases.
Steps To Buy Dogecoin On Bitpanda
1. First, you have to Sign up for a Bitpanda account
2. Then you have to confirm your email address
3. You have to confirm your identity with one of our trusted verification partners and deposit funds
4. After your deposit is verified, you can buy Dogecoin on Bitpanda
If you are looking to make a profit from Dogecoin and don’t want to hold Dogecoin for a long time then eToro is the best option for you. You can buy Dogecoin for fiat currency (USD, EUR, etc.).
Steps To Buy Dogecoin On eToro
1. First, sign up for an account on eToro
2. Now fill out some questionnaires and required fields
3. Click on Deposit and you will be asked to choose your method
4. Now select a deposit method and follow the simple steps to make the payment
5. Once your fund is available on eToro, you can buy Dogecoin on eToro
Kraken is a US exchange it was founded in 2011. This exchange allows you to add funds via a credit card or a wire transfer. It has a fast and free SEPA deposit feature for European users.
Steps To Buy Dogecoin On Kraken
1. First Sign up for a Kraken account
2. Then verify your account
3. Now deposit your Kraken account
4. Then click on the “Buy Crypto” tab
5. Search DOGE and then click on the “DOGE/USDT” pair
6. Now enter the amount of Dogecoin that you want to buy
7. Finally, click on “Buy DOGE” to complete the process
This is one of the few exchanges that will allow you to buy Dogecoin in almost any currency. It provides a quick crypto transfer service and doesn’t require anything more than an email to sign up. The only downside of this exchange is, it charges more fees compared to other exchanges.
Steps To Buy Dogecoin On Changelly
1. First, you have to Sign up for a Changelly account
2. Then you have to confirm your email address
3. Now you have to choose a payment method and add funds
4. After your deposit is verified, you can buy Dogecoin on Changelly
With Gemini exchange, you can instantly buy Dogecoin using a bank card, or deposit fiat currency using wire transfers or ACH. It is a USA-based exchange and was founded by the Winklevoss twins.
Steps To Buy Dogecoin On Gemini
1. First Sign up for a Gemini account
2. Then verify your account
3. Now deposit your Gemini account
4. Then click on the “Market” tab
5. Search DOGE and then click on the Dogecoin
6. Now enter the amount that you want to buy
7. Then click “Review Order” to check the purchase details
8. Finally, click on the “Buy DOGE” to complete the process
Previously Dogecoin was not supported on Coinbase but from July 2021, Coinbase users can buy Dogecoin on Coinbase. You can buy Dogecoin on Coinbase using a linked credit card or bank account.
Steps To Buy Dogecoin On Coinbase
1. If you have a Coinbase account then logs in or Sign up for a new Coinbase account
2. Now verify your email address
3. Then complete your ID verification and set up a 2-step verification
4. Choose your payment method and then link your credit card or bank account
5. Then deposit funds on your Coinbase account
6. Once the deposit is verified, select “Market” and then select “DOGE-USD”
7. Now click buy under the order form
8. Then input the amount that you want to buy
9. Finally, click on the Purchase button to complete the process
FAQs About Can I Buy Dogecoin On Cash App
What App Can I Buy Dogecoin?
Many apps allow you to buy Dogecoin. For example –
2. SoFi Active Investing
What Cryptocurrency Can You Buy On The Cash App?
On Cash App, you can only be able to buy Bitcoin. Cash App doesn’t allow any other crypto so you won’t be able to buy any other Cryptocurrency but only Bitcoin.
Which Wallet Is Best For Dogecoin?
Some of the best wallets for Dogecoin are –
1. Ledger Nano S (Hardware Wallet)
2. Coinomi (Android & iOS)
3. Exodus (Android & iOS)
4. Exodus (Desktop Wallet)
Should I Buy Dogecoin On Robinhood?
Yes, you can buy Dogecoin on Robinhood and there is nothing to worry about its security. However, in Robinhood, you won’t be allowed to transfer Dogecoin. You can only be able to buy and sell Dogecoin.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.