There are a huge number of Pokémon cards available and they range from common pidgey to rare and valuable legendary cards. Among all the cards Charizard Pokémon is the most valuable and expensive card. This is because Charizard is a rare card, as well as the character, is a Dragon which is considered as just so damn cool. Moreover, Gamefreak tried its best to keep the Charizard Pokémon a rare, holographic card with impressive art. All these make the card very rare as well as expensive.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Why Are Charizards Pokémon Cards Are So Valuable?
- 2 List Of Most Expensive Pokémon Cards
- 3 List Of Strongest Pokémon Card In The World
- 4 FAQs About Why Are Charizard Pokémon Trading Cards So Expensive?
- 4.1 Are Charizard Pokémon Trading Cards Worth Collecting?
- 4.2 How Much Money Is A 1995 Charizard Pokémon Card Worth?
- 4.3 How Many 1st Edition Charizards Are There?
- 4.4 What Is The Rarest Pokémon Card?
- 4.5 What Are The rarest Pokémon Cards Of 2022?
- 4.6 Who Is The Weakest Mythical Pokémon?
- 4.7 What Is The Rarest Mythical Pokémon?
- 4.8 Why Was Kadabra Banned?
Why Are Charizards Pokémon Cards Are So Valuable?
Charizard Pokémon cards are extremely popular and some of these cards are also very expensive and they can be worth a large amount of money. Charizard is one of several popular characters of the Pokémon franchise. Charizard Pokémon card is the symbol of power, destruction, and success. Moreover, many Pokémon fans think that Charizard’s base evolution Charmander may have been their first Pokémon partner. So, because of this assumption, Charizard has earned a special place in the hearts of players and it has made the price of Charizard cards very expensive. The Pokémon TCG was first released in Japan in 1996. It was released just after the release of Pokémon Red and Green. The price of a 1st Edition Charizard has been graded by the PSA (Professional Sports Authenticator) and with a grade of 7 or better can be worth lots of money. According to Forbes, a grade 10 card was sold for $311,800 in March on eBay. Other Pokémon TCG cards of the limited print run also have a high value.
List Of Most Expensive Pokémon Cards
1. Ex Deoxys GOLD STAR HOLO Rayquaza #107 sold for $45,000
2. 1999 Japanese Tropical Mega Battle NO. 2 Trainer sold for $50,300
3. EX Dragon Frontiers GOLD STAR HOLO Charizard #100 sold for $60,065
4. Tropical Mega Battle – Tropical Wind – PROMO card sold for $65,100
5. 1998 Japanese Promo Card – Tamamushi University Magikarp Trophy sold for $66,100
6. Pokémon Super Secret Battle “No. 1 Trainer” – Promo Holographic Card sold for $90,000
7. 2006 – World Championships Promo No. 2 Trainer sold for $110,100
8. 2000 – Neo Genesis 1st Edition Holographic Lugia sold for $144,300
9. Japanese Promo Card – Family Event Trophy – Holo Kangaskhan sold for $150,100
10. “Backless Blastoise” – Commissioned Presentation Galaxy Star Hologram sold for $360,000
11. 1st Edition Charizard, Holographic – SGC GOLD LABEL PRISTINE 10 sold for $369,000
12. 1998 Japanese Promo Card – HOLO – Illustrator Pikachu – PSA 7 NRMT sold for $375,000
List Of Strongest Pokémon Card In The World
1. Mega Gengar EX
2. Mega Charizard X EX
3. Mega Charizard Y EX
4. Mega Tyranitar EX
5. Mega Ampharos EX
6. Mega Aggron EX
7. Mega Venusaur EX
8. Mega Blaziken EX
9. Malamar EX
10. Mega Gardevoir EX
11. Mega Kangaskhan EX
12. Mega Mewtwo EX
FAQs About Why Are Charizard Pokémon Trading Cards So Expensive?
Are Charizard Pokémon Trading Cards Worth Collecting?
Yes, Charizard Pokémon trading cards are worth collecting. If the cards are in good condition then they can be worth some money because of their limited availability and age. Moreover, this specific version of the card stands out as one of the rarest and most valuable Pokémon cards ever released which is why they are worth collecting.
How Much Money Is A 1995 Charizard Pokémon Card Worth?
A 1995 Pokémon Japanese Topsun Green Back Charizard can be worth $770 – $18,250 depending on card condition.
How Many 1st Edition Charizards Are There?
The 1st edition Charizards were a limited edition and the series was released in limited quantity with 102 cards total. Among the 102 cards, 16 of them were rarer, coveted holographic cards. Later, the holographic cards become very popular for a variety of reasons as well as also become very expensive.
What Is The Rarest Pokémon Card?
The Pikachu Illustrator Promo Card is considered as the rarest Pokémon card in the world. Moreover, it is also the most expensive card in the world.
What Are The rarest Pokémon Cards Of 2022?
Some of the rarest Pokémon cards of 2022 are –
1. 1995 Japanese Topsun Charizard, Blue Back
2. 1999 Base 1st Edition Holo Stamp Shadowless Charizard
3. 1998 Japanese Promo Holo Illustrator Pikachu
4. 1998 Commissioned Presentation Blastoise
5. 2000 Neo Genesis Lugia
6. Kangaskhan Family Event Trophy Card
7. Tropical Mega Battle Cards
8. 1998 Japanese Promo Tamamushi University Magikarp Trophy Card
9. Neo Destiny Shining Charizard 1st Edition
10. 1999 Nintendo Pokemon Game 1st Edition Venusaur
Who Is The Weakest Mythical Pokémon?
Articuno is one of the weakest Legendary Pokémon. Its Ice/Flying power is susceptible to Stealth Rock and sun team tactics as well as enhanced Fire-type moves.
What Is The Rarest Mythical Pokémon?
Mew. Mew Mew is the rarest Pokémon of all. It is also known as the Ancestor of all Pokémon.
Why Was Kadabra Banned?
Kadabra was banned in 2000 from the Pokémon Trading Card Game. This card was banned after illusionist Uri Geller sued the company for $80 million for infringing on his professional identity!
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.