Chase money order is issued by Chase Bank and like any other money order, you have to follow the same steps to fill out the Chase money order. For example, while filling the Chase money order, in the “pay to the order of” section you have to write down the recipient’s name and in the “Sender” section you have to write down your name. You can also include optional notes in the memo section.
- You can’t fill up a Chase money order online, therefore, you have to physically visit the nearest bank branch and fill up the money order
- You must have a Chase savings or checking account or you won’t be able to buy a money order from Chase bank
- You have to provide some information like name of the both payee and you, the address of the payee, the amount, etc. while filling out a Chase money order
- At Chase bank, you are allowed to buy money orders for up to $1,000
- Depending on your Chase bank account, you might have to pay a money order fee of $5
What Information Will You Need To Fill Out A Chase Money Order
The requirements to fill out a money order depend on the organization that issues the money order. Money orders from the different institutions may differ slightly in appearance but most of them generally need some common information like –
1. Name of payee
2. Payee’s address
3. Payment amount
4. Your name and address
5. Reason of the payment or the billing account number
How To Fill A Chase Money Order
Online money orders are not allowed by Chase bank so you have to go to your local Chase bank branch to fill a Chase money order. There are a few steps that you have to fulfill before you can receive your money order from Chase bank. The first requirement for a Chase money order is to have a Chase checking or savings account. Then, you must have enough money in your account for the money order you’ll be ordering. Once Chase bank confirms that you have sufficient balance on your account, a teller will print out your money order in the exact balance that you require. Now write the name of the recipient of the money order in the “Pay to the order of” line and your money order is ready for use. Make sure you keep the receipt of the money order to track or cancel the money order in the future.
Cost Of A Chase Money Order
If you are a Chase checking account holder then you can buy money orders for up to $1,000. Depending on what type of Chase checking account you have, there is a small fee you have to pay. Check the below table –
|Chase Checking Account Type||Money Order Fee|
|Chase Premier Plus Checking account||$0|
|Chase Premier Platinum Checking account||$0|
|Chase Total Checking account||$5|
|Chase College Checking account||$5|
|Chase High School Checking account||$5|
FAQs About Chase Money Order
1. Do You Require A Chase Bank Account For Chase Money Order?
Yes, you will require a Chase bank account if you want to send a Chase money order. Moreover, if you are a Chase credit cardholder then Chase will also issue you a money order.
2. What Are The Minimum And Maximum Amounts For Chase’s Money Order?
Chase money order doesn’t have any minimum amount but it has a maximum account. You can money order a maximum of $1,000 with Chase. You can pay the Chase money order with cash or by debiting from your Chase checking account.
3. What Are The Requirements To Get A Chase Money Order?
There are quite a few requirements that you have to fulfill in order to get a Chase money order. You have to submit a government-issued ID like a driver’s license or active Chase debit card. Moreover, you must have a Chase bank account with a sufficient balance on it.
4. Where Can I Cash A Chase Money Order?
You can easily cash the Chase money order from your local Chase bank branch. There are no fees or set limits on the amount for cashing Chase’s money order.
5. Where Can I Cash A Money Order?
There are many places where you can cash a money order. For example –
2. Credit union
3. Money transfer outlet
4. Post office
5. Grocery store
6. Check-cashing location
7. Convenience store
8. Money order issuer
9. Retail store
6. When You Should Use A Money Order?
There are many situations when using a money order is the best solution. For example –
1. There is no check option available for you to make a payment
2. A check is not a valid form of payment
3. You’re sending money internationally
4. If there is any chance of bouncing a check
5. Cash is required for a purchase
6. You need to send a payment through the mail
7. You don’t have a checking or banking account
8. You’re making a large purchase and want to avoid the cash-on-hand situation
7. How Much Does Chase Bank Charge For A Money Order?
Depending on the Chase bank account type you might have to pay a money order fee of $0 to $5.
8. How Long Does It Take For A Money Order To Clear At Chase Bank?
Usually, it takes one business day for a money order to clear at Chase Bank.
9. Can You Deposit Money Orders On The Chase App?
No, you can’t deposit money orders using the Chase app. However, you can deposit checks using the Chase app.
Last Updated on October 2, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.