The Foster school of business is a very renowned business school at the University of Washington in Seattle. This business school was established in 1917 and currently, this business school has more than 50,000 alumni. Foster School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The school offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. If you want to know details about Foster School of Business admission requirements, eligibility, acceptance rate then check the below information.
Foster school of business is a very selective school. This business school has an acceptance rate of 34.24%. Each year, Foster School of business is becoming more selective. Last year, Foster School of Business’s acceptance rate was 52%. Moreover, this year’s average SAT score was 1412, as compared to last year’s average score of 1394. So, each year it is becoming more competitive to get into Foster School of Business.
Overview Of Foster School Of Business
The main mission of Foster School of Business is to focus on the business programs at the University of Washington. This business school ranked among the top 25 B-schools in the USA. This public business school provides students with a transformative, inclusive education that mainly focuses on strategy and global business. Foster School of Business offers Full-Time, Evening, Executive, Technology Management, Global Executive, and Hybrid MBAs to students of all types. Moreover, it also offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Foster School of Business offers a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA) degree, with 6 formal options of study:
4. Human resources management
5. Information systems
6. Operations & supply chain management
Moreover, Foster School of Business has the following centers and specialty programs –
1. Arthur W. Buerk Center for Entrepreneurship
2. Center for Leadership and Strategic Thinking
3. Center for Sales and Marketing Strategy
4. Consulting and Business Development Center
5. Global Business Center
6. Certificate in International Studies in Business
7. The Product Management Center
8. USTC-UW Institute for Global Business and Finance Innovation
9. Foster Customer Analytics Center
10. Creative Destruction Lab
Ranking Of Foster School Of Business
- #14 in Part-time MBA (tie)
- #22 in Best Business Schools
- #78 in National Universities (tie)
- #41 in Best Colleges for Veterans (tie)
- #33 in Best Undergraduate Teaching (tie)
- #89 in Best Value Schools
- #245 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
- #23 in Top Public Schools (tie)
- #8 in Business Programs (tie)
- #3 in accounting
- #15 in Analytics
- #6 in Entrepreneurship
- #7 in Finance
- International Business
- #4 in Management
- #11 in Management Information Systems
- #7 in Marketing
- #13 in Production / Operation Management (tie)
- Supply Chain Management / Logistics
- #21 in Study Abroad (tie)
Overview Of Foster School Of Business Admission
|Application Portal||Coalition Application/University of Washington Graduate Application|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||International: $90Graduate: $85|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card|
|Average GPA for Undergraduate||3.91|
|Average SAT Score||1410/1600|
|Average ACT Score||32|
|ELP Tests||TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo accepted|
|GRE/GMAT Score||Required (test-optional policy available)|
Foster School Of Business Admission Deadlines
The Foster School of Business has three admission sessions for undergraduate and graduate courses. The admission portal remains open for the fall and spring semesters. Here are the details –
|MBA||October 5January 4|
|Masters in Professional Accounting||January 15|
|MS in Information Systems||February 1|
|MS Business Analytics||November 17January 6|
English Proficiency Requirement For International Students
|Test Name||Score Required for UG||Score Required for PG|
|TOEFL (iBT)||83||100 (MBA)92 (other PG courses)|
|TOEFL pBT||557||600 (MBA)580 (other masters courses)|
Admission Requirements Of Foster School Of Business
Admission Requirement for Undergraduate Programs
1. Official Transcripts
2. Certificates and documents demonstrating proficiency
3. A GPA of 2.0 on a scale of 4.0 (73-76%)
4. At least three Writing Skills Assessment score
5. A personal statement of 1000 words
Moreover, students must have studied the following courses: Calculus, English Composition, Financial Accounting, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Managerial Accounting, Introduction to Law, and Statistical Methods.
Admission Requirement For Graduate Programs
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with a GPA of 3.0 (83-86%)
2. Official transcripts of institutes previously attended
4. GMAT/GRE score- test-optional policy available (for Autumn 2022 and 2023)
5. Recommendation letters
Tuition Fees Of Foster School Of Business
Tuition Full-Time (per year)
1. Tuition (In-State): $35,610
2. Tuition (Out-State): $52,452
3. Fees (In-State): $1,149
4. Fees (Out-State): $1,149
Tuition Part-Time (per credit hour)
1. Tuition (In-State): $1,113
2. Tuition (Out-State): $1,113
3. Fees (In-State): $48
4. Fees (Out-State): $48
Expenses Per Academic Year
1. Estimated Room and Board On-Campus: $21,248
2. Estimated Room and Board Off-Campus: $21,248
3. Academic Expenses: $1,915
Foster School Of Business International Student Admissions
Foster School of Business accepts international students. So, if you are an international student and you are interested in getting into this business school then you should follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
1. Application Portal: IU Application Portal
2. Application Fee: Applicants must transfer an amount of 200 USD (non-refundable) for the online international application process.
1. Official academic transcripts with a high GPA
2. Scorecard of English proficiency test (Test codes for SAT: 1410 ACT: 32)
3. IU-specific essay
5. An updated resume highlighting the educational qualifications and professional experience
6. Letter of intent / SOP
7. Financial affidavits
Visa Application Process
As an international student, you have to apply for a visa to study in the USA. However, you can only apply for a student visa once your admission to Foster School of Business is confirmed. You have to apply for an F-1 visa. Below are the details of how you can apply for a student visa:
1. Collect the I-20 form from the Office of Foster School of Business.
2. Pay the SEVIS fees and collect its receipt.
3. Apply for an interview in the nearest embassy for a visa
Documents required for the visa processing are –
1. Electronic application form
2. Receipt of the application fees paid
3. A passport.
4. One photograph
5. 1-20 forms from the university
6. Transcripts of the institutes attended
7. Evidence of English proficiency, like test scores of TOEFL or IELTS.
8. Bank statements showing enough funds to pay for tuition fees and living costs in the U.S.
FAQs About Foster School Of Business Admission: Acceptance Rate, Eligibility, Admission Requirements, etc.
Is Foster School Of Business Hard To Get Into?
Yes, Foster School of Business is quite hard to get into. The business administration of this school has high demand and every year Foster School of Business only admits a small number under Freshman Direct, target recruitment of 200.
Is Foster A Good Business School?
Yes, Foster is a good business school. In fact, it is a premier public business school in the Northwest. Moreover, this business school is ranked by U.S. News & World Report, Businessweek, Financial Times, Economist, Forbes, etc. Foster business school ranked 22nd among the top business schools in the USA.
How Competitive Is Foster MBA?
The MBA program of Foster is very competitive. In fact, it is one of the 20 toughest programs in the USA in terms of admissions standards. Moreover, Foster school of business has an acceptance rate o 35%. Therefore, it is very competitive to get into this business school.
How Many Students Are In The Foster School Of Business?
Foster School of Business has about 2500+ students through undergraduate and graduate degrees. The majority of the students of this business school are Americans while a handful number of international students study in this business school.
What is Foster MBA known for?
The MBA programs of Foster Business School have the highest percentage of tech placement of any MBA program. This school places 44% of its graduates into the technology industry! This high rate has made the MBA program of Foster one of the desired programs among business students.
Last Updated on February 15, 2022 by
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.