Usually, Capital One doesn’t take much time to review your credit card application and know the result. But if it takes time for Capital One to review your application status then you can easily check the status of your Capital One credit card application. You have to call 800-903-9177 to know your Capital One Credit Card application status.
- If you apply for a credit card on Capital One by phone or online then you’ll often get a response in 60 seconds
- If you submit a paper application then Capital One bank might take 7 to 10 days to review your application
- Capital One will verify the information in your application before approving or declining your application
- One very common reason, your Capital One credit card application is under review is, you have applied for a lot of new credit in recent time
How Long Does It Take to Review a Credit Card Application?
How long it takes Capital One to review your credit card application typically depends on how you apply. If you apply for a credit card by phone or online then you’ll often get a response in 60 seconds. On the other hand, if you submit a paper application then it might take a bit longer than 60 seconds to get a response. So, if you submit a paper application then Capital One bank might take 7 to 10 days to review your application and know the status of your application. In most cases, Capital One needs to verify the information in your application before approving or declining your application. When you apply for a Capital One credit card, Capital One requires the following information:
- Full name
- Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- Date of birth
- Physical address
- Estimated gross annual income
- Checking and/or savings account information
If you don’t provide all the above information then it could take longer to process your credit card application.
How to Check Capital One Credit Card Application Status?
If you have applied for a Capital One credit card and it’s taking more time than the usual time to review your application then you can easily check your Capital One credit card application status. Now, follow the below steps –
- First call (800) 903-9177
- Next, press “3” when you hear the menu or say “application status”
- Then you will be asked to enter your 9-digit Social Security number to confirm your identity
- So, enter your 9-digit Social Security number when prompted to verify your identity
- Finally, listen for an application status update
Common Reasons Your Capital One Credit Card Application is Under Review
Below are some of the most common reasons why your Capital One Credit Card application might still be under review:
- The information you have provided on your application might not match the information on your credit report
- You might have applied for a lot of new credit in recent time
- The lender might suspect identity fraud and wonder if someone else is trying to take out credit in your name
- The lender/bank needs to verify your application
- The bank might have received lots of credit card applications; so they need time to process all the pending applications
Comparison of All the Capital One Bank Credit Cards
|Name Of The Card||Description||New Card Member Offer||Purchase Rate||Transfer Info||Annual Fee|
|Platinum MasterCard||Get the credit you need with no annual fee||None||25.24% variable APR||25.24% variable APR; No Transfer Fee with this Transfer APR||$0|
|QuicksilverOne Rewards||Earn unlimited 1.5% cashback on every purchase, every day. And, you can check out quickly and securely with your contactless card.||None||25.24% variable APR||25.24% variable APR; No Transfer Fee with this Transfer APR||$39|
|Venture Rewards||Earn 60,000 bonus miles, plus unlimited double miles on every purchase, every day.||Earn 60,000 bonus miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening||16.24% – 24.24% variable APR||16.24% – 24.24% variable APR; No Transfer Fee with this Transfer APR||$95|
What Type of Credit Card do You Need?
Before applying for a credit card you have to decide what type of credit card you need. For example, Capital One bank offers a wide range of credit cards that include –
- Cashback credit cards
- Travel rewards credit cards
- Secured credit cards
- Student credit cards
- Business credit cards
- Low intro rate credit cards
So, you have to think very carefully before you should apply for a card. You can ask yourself how a credit card would match your needs your credit score or the kind of rewards you want to earn. Moreover, you also have to consider the fees, interest rates, and other factors associated with each type of card.
What If Your Capital One Credit Card Application Is Denied?
If your credit card application is denied, then it is not the end of your credit card journey. You can still get approved for a card in the future. But, if your Capital One credit card is denied then you should follow the below steps to help improve your chances of a successful application next time:
- You should identify the reasons your application was denied. Knowing why your application was denied will help you rectify all your mistakes so that you have a successful application next time. You can ask Capital One bank for a paper copy of your denied application by calling 1-800-903-9177.
- You should check your credit report and find out how previous actions have affected your credit score.
- You should try to build a strong credit history to make sure your credit card application gets approvals
FAQs about How Can you Check your Capital One Credit Card Application Status
What information is required to apply for a Capital One credit card?
If you are planning to apply for a Capital One credit card then you have to provide the below information –
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Phone number
- Email address
- Type of bank or credit union account
- Employment status
- Total Annual Income
- Monthly rent/mortgage
What are the minimum requirements for Capital One credit cards?
Below are the minimum requirements for Capital One credit cards:
- Age 18 or older
- The applicant must have an SSN or individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- The applicant has to submit all the required information completely and accurately
- Residence in the United States or a U.S. military location
- You cannot use a correctional institution as your address
- The annual income of the applicant divided by 12 must exceed the monthly mortgage or rent payment by at least $425
- There is no past due on any Capital One credit card account
- The applicant hasn’t applied more than twice for a Capital One credit card in the last 30 days
- The applicant is not over the credit limit on any Capital One credit card
- Haven’t had a Capital One credit card charged off within the last year
- Are not undergoing bankruptcy proceedings
How long does it take for Capital One to accept credit card applications?
It might take 7 – 10 business days for Capital One to accept credit card applications. If your Capital One application isn’t approved instantly when you apply then it might take up to 2 weeks to a month to get your Capital One credit card.
Does Capital One approve the credit card application instantly?
If you apply for a Capital One credit card online or via Phone then you might get an instant response. You’ll often get a response in 60 seconds.
What is the minimum credit score for a Capital One card?
What is the minimum credit score for a Capital One card depends on what type of credit card you want to apply for. Usually, the Capital One credit score requirement is at least 300. If you have a bad credit score then you can get a secured credit card from Capital One.
Last Updated on November 8, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.