Usually, when you call UPS customer service, you are automatically connected to an automated system of UPS. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t talk to a live person at UPS. You can physically, visit the UPS customer service center to talk with a person or call 1-888-742-5877 to speak to a live customer service representative.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Overview of UPS Customer Number 1-888-742-5877
- 2 Reasons You Need to Talk with a Live Person at UPS
- 3 Detail Steps to Talk to a Live Person at UPS
- 4 List of UPS Support Numbers
Overview of UPS Customer Number 1-888-742-5877
|Call center hours||Mon-Fri, 8.00 am-midnight EST|
|Best time to dial||8:30 am|
|Average wait||9 minutes|
|Maximum wait||14 minutes|
|Alternate contact methods||Chat, Facebook, Email, Website, Twitter|
|Quality of customer service||80%|
Reasons You Need to Talk with a Live Person at UPS
There are many reasons you might need to talk with a live person at UPS. For example –
- You might have a question about shipping and mailing costs regarding a parcel
- You might want to know the return policy of UPS
- You need to track a parcel or a document
- You want to file a claim for a lost or damaged parcel
- You want to file a complaint against an Ups driver or delivery man
- You want to make a delivery charge
- You want to know more about the international shipping cost
Detail Steps to Talk to a Live Person at UPS
The customer service number of UPS is 800-275-8777 and it is toll-free. So, calling to UPS customer service number won’t cost you any money. So, if you need to call UPS customer service and talk to a UPS customer service representative then you can call this number Monday to Friday between 8:00 in the morning to 8:30 pm EST (weekdays); and 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturday. Below is the detailed process –
- First, dial 1-888-742-5877 from your phone and make the call
- When your call is received, you will hear an automated message “Thank You for Calling UPS”
- Next, you will be asked about the reason for the call
- You can say “Agent” or press “0”
- Then you will be prompted to another automated message
- Here, you will be again asked for the reason for the call
- Repeat “Agent” or press “0”
- You have to wait some time and then you will be diverted to a live agent
Apart from that, you can use the UPS voice menu for other purposes –
- Press 1 or say “track a package” to track a package
- Press 2 or say “send a package” to send a package
- Press 3 or say “shipping information” for shipping information
- Press 4 or say “order supply” for the order supply
- Press 0 or say “agent” to connect this agent
List of UPS Support Numbers
|Support Service||Phone Number|
|UPS service phone number||1-888-742-5877|
|UPS international service phone number||1-866-782-7892|
|TTY/TDD Access for Hearing Impaired||1-800-833-0056|
|International Import/Export Services||1-800-782-7892|
|UPS Supply Chain Solutions||1-800-742-5727|
|Less than a truckload (more than 150 lbs)||800-333-7400|
|Truckload (more than 12,000 lbs)||1-888-682-4652|
|Air Freight (more than 150 lbs)||1-800-443-6379|
FAQs about How Do I Talk to a Live Person at UPS
How do I speak to someone at UPS?
You can easily speak to someone at UPS. To do so, you have to call the UPS customer service number at 1-888-742-5877 and then press “0” to talk with a customer agent representative at UPS.
Who takes responsibility for a stolen package in UPS?
If your package is stolen at UPS, then UPS is liable for the stolen parcel. However, if the sender confronts the delivery of the parcel regardless of the condition then UPS won’t be responsible for the loss of the package.
Can I call UPS to see where my package is?
Yes, you can call the UPS customer service number to find out about the current condition of your package. You have to provide the tracking ID to track your package. Without the tracking ID, you will find it very difficult to find your package.
Last Updated on November 3, 2022 by Magalie D.