You can earn from $355 to $1745 for 100 million views on a YouTube video. The YouTube Partner Program allows YouTubers to earn money from their YouTube channel. You can earn money from YouTube based on quite a few things including the total number of views. The more views, you can get from your videos the more you will be able to earn.
- In order to monetize a Youtube channel, the channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers and at least 4,000 hours of watch time
- You must be at least 18 years old to handle payments via AdSense
- You can earn money from various ads on your videos like display, overlay, etc.
- You can offer special videos on your channel and generate monthly profit from channel memberships
- The actual earnings on YouTube depend on quite a few factors like where you live, the type of videos on your channel, the number of subscribers, your CPC, etc.
A Brief Overview of the YouTube Partner Program
The YouTube Partner Program allows a YouTuber to get access to various YouTube resources and monetize their channel to display ads on their content and earn money.
However, you should keep in mind that there are quite a few requirements that you have to fulfill before you can monetize your channel. These requirements are –
- Your channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers
- Your channel must have at least 4,000 hours of watch time (past 12 months)
- You must live in a country where the YouTube Partner Program is available
- An AdSense account should be linked with your YouTube channel
- Any community guidelines strike on your channel like copyright claim, etc.
- Your channel must follow YouTube monetization regulations:
- Channel theme
- New videos
- Most watched videos
- Video metadata, etc.
There are quite a few ways you can earn money from the YouTube Partner Program. They are –
- Profit from Ads: This is the main source of income for a majority of YouTubers. You can earn money from various ads on your videos like display, overlay, etc.
- Channel Memberships: You can offer special videos on your channel that only paid members can view. This way you can generate monthly profit from channel memberships.
- Merchandise shelf: You can display various products on your YouTube channel that your channel fans can browse and buy directly from your YouTube channel. This is an excellent way to earn money from your YouTube channel.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: You can introduce super chat and super stickers on your channel that your fans can pay to highlight their messages in chat streams
- YouTube Premium Revenue: You can enroll in the YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription program and earn extra money when the subscribers watch your videos
Eligibility Requirements for Different Monetization Features of YPP
|Profit from Ads||You must be at least 18 years old to handle payments via AdSense. Videos must meet the advertiser-friendly content guidelines requirements|
|Channel Memberships||You must be at least 18 years oldYour channel must have at least 1,000 subscribers|
|Merchandise shelf||You must be at least 18 years oldYour channel’s subscribers must be 10,000 or more|
|Super Chat & Super Stickers||Your age should be 18 or overYou should live in a country where the Super Chat & Super Stickers feature is available|
|YouTube Premium Revenue||Your videos should be watched by viewers who are YouTube Premium subscriber|
Earnings from Various Numbers of Views on YouTube
How much you can earn from YouTube views is a very common question among people who are new in this sector and just started their YouTube channel. The actual earnings on YouTube depend on quite a few factors like where you live, type of videos on your channel, number of subscribers, your CPC, how frequently you upload videos, total views, and many more. Usually, on average, YouTube charges $0.18 per view to its contractors, and about 68% of the charges, YouTube distributes to AdSense. So, you can expect to get $0.12 per view. That means you can earn $120 for 1000 views. However, the actual scenario is totally different.
Lots of people nowadays use ad blockers so, in most cases, the ads are skipped within 1 second. It means your earnings per view will also decrease and you can expect to get $0.003 to $0.005 for each view on YouTube. So, you can earn $3 to $5 for 1000 views. The below table will give you a clear idea about earnings from various numbers of views on YouTube –
|Number of Views||Earnings without Ad Blocks ($0.12 per view)||Earnings with Ad Blocks ($0.003 to $0.005 per view)|
|100||$12||$0.3 – $0.5|
|1,000||$120||$3 – $5|
|10,000||$1200||$30 – $50|
|100,000||$12000||$300 – $500|
|100,0000||$120000||$3000 – $5000|
|10,000,000||$1200000||$30000 – $50000|
|100,000,000 (100 million)||$12000000||$300000 – $500000|
YouTube Earnings Based on Estimated CPM
|Number of Views||Estimated CPM ($0.10 – $3.00)||Estimated CPM ($0.20 – $3.50)||Estimated CPM ($0.30 – $4.00)||Estimated CPM ($0.40 – $4.50)|
|100||$0.30 – $9.00||$0.60 – $10.50||$0.90 – $12.00||$1.20 – $13.50|
|1000||$3 – $90||$6 – $105||$9 – $120||$12 – $135|
|10000||$30 – $900||$60 – $1050||$90 – $1200||$120 – $1350|
|100000||$300 – $9,000||$600 – $10500||$900 – $12000||$1200 – $13500|
|1000000||3,000 – $90,000||$6000 – $105000||$9000 – $120000||$12000 – $135000|
|10000000||3,0000 – $90,0000||$60000 – $1050000||$90000 – $1200000||$120000 – $1350000|
|100 million||3,00000 – $90,00000||$600000 – $10500000||$900000 – $12000000||$1200000 – $13500000|
FAQs about How Much Money Can You Earn from 100 Million Views on YouTube
How you can earn money from YouTube?
The most common way you can earn money from YouTube is through the YouTube Partner Program. Apart from that, there are a few other ways you can earn money from YouTube. They are –
- Affiliate marketing
- YouTube Influencer
- Content licensing
- Selling various courses on YouTube
- Drive YouTube traffic to your blog site, etc.
What are YouTube Short Funds?
YouTube has a 100 million fund which is distributed to YouTubers every month who have contributed creative, unique, and original shorts. This fund is known as YouTube Short Funds and every month YouTube reward some creators for their dedication and contribution to the YouTube community. To become qualify for YouTube Short Funds you have to fulfill some requirements–
- There must be at least one eligible short on your channel (last 180 days)
- Your channel must compile with YouTube’s Community Guidelines, copyright rules, monetization policies, etc.
- You should be 13 or older
- The short video should not contain any watermarks or logos from third-party social media platforms
- If you are below 18 then you must have a parent or guardian accept terms and AdSense account for payment
- You should be from any of the below countries:
|Algeria American Samoa Argentina Aruba Azerbaijan Australia Austria Bahrain Bangladesh Bermuda Belarus Belgium Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Brazil Bulgaria Canada Cayman Islands Chile Colombia Costa Rica Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark||Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Estonia Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia Georgia Germany Ghana Greece Guatemala Guadeloupe Guam Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iraq Israel Italy||Jamaica Japan Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kuwait Latvia Lebanon Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macedonia Malaysia Malta Martinique Mayotte Mexico Montenegro Morocco Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Nicaragua Nigeria Norway||Northern Mariana Islands Oman Pakistan Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Republic of Ireland Reunion Romania Russia Senegal Serbia Singapore Saudi Arabia Slovakia Slovenia South Africa||South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Taiwan Tanzania Thailand Tunisia Turkey Turks and Caicos Islands Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States U.S. Virgin Islands Uruguay Venezuela Vietnam Yemen Zimbabwe|
What is a YouTube money calculator?
There are lots of online tools available that you can use to calculate the estimated earnings of your YouTube channel. These types of tools are known as YouTube money calculators. Some popular YouTube money calculators are Influenex, Socialblade, Tunepocket, etc.
What is CPM on YouTube?
On YouTube, CPM stands for cost per mille. This is an important term that indicates how much money advertisers pay to content creators per 1,000 views or ad clicks. For example, if one of your YouTube videos has 10,000 views and if the CPM is $12.50 then the video’s total profit will be $125 and this amount is before the revenue share.
Last Updated on November 5, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.