Macy’s is one of the leading U.S. department store chains that offer mid-to-high-range products to its customers. In Macy’s, you will find a variety of products including apparel, bedding, shoes, small electronics, jewelry, cosmetics, home décor items, and many more. Moreover, in affiliation with Department Stores National Bank (DSNB), Macy’s also offers a credit card to its users. So, if you are wondering how to apply for a Macy’s credit card then check the below information.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Requirements To Apply For Macy’s Credit Card
- 2 Detail Process To Apply For A Macy’s Credit Card
- 3 How To Check Macy’s Credit Card Application Status
- 4 Pros And Cons Of Macy’s Credit Card
- 5 Macy’s Credit Card Fees
- 6 FAQs About How To Apply For A Macy’s Credit Card
- 6.1 What If I Have Declined For The Macy’s Credit Card?
- 6.2 What Is The APR Of A Macy’s Credit Card?
- 6.3 Is There An Annual Fee For Macy’s Credit Card?
- 6.4 Is There A Late Fee For Macy’s Credit Card?
- 6.5 What Bank Issues The Macy’s Card?
- 6.6 When Will I Receive My New Macy’s Card?
- 6.7 Can I Use My Macy’s Card Anywhere?
- 6.8 Is There A Discount Offered With Macy’s Cards?
- 6.9 What Is The Average Macy’s Card Credit Limit?
Requirements To Apply For Macy’s Credit Card
If you want to get the Macy’s Credit Card, then you have to meet the following requirements:
1. You must be 18 years of age or older
2. You must provide a U.S. Social Security number
3. You must have to provide a third-party credit card account number for verification purposes
Detail Process To Apply For A Macy’s Credit Card
Applying for Macy’s Credit Card is very easy. In fact, you can apply for this credit card online. Follow the below steps –
- First, open a browser on your computer
- Now visit the application homepage on the Macy’s website
- Then click on the “Apply Now” button
- After that click on the “Continue” button to agree that you understand you are leaving the Macy’s homepage
- On the next page, enter the following personal information:
- E-mail address
- First name
- Last name
- Home address
- Home phone number
- In the next step, provide the following financial information:
- Annual income
- Residential status
- Monthly mortgage or rent payment amount
- After that, enter the following security information:
- Date of birth
- Social security number
- Photo ID type
- Driver’s license or photo ID number
- State it was issued
- In the next step, carefully review the credit card terms and conditions
- Now, scroll all the way down to the page and check the box that said you have read and agree to the terms and conditions
- Finally, complete the application process by clicking the continue button
If you don’t want to apply for the credit card online then you can visit a Macy’s store in person and apply for the credit card. Once you reach the Macy’s store then go to a cashier or associate and let them know you would like to complete an application. The cashier will ask you to submit a photo identification and a credit card to apply for the credit card.
How To Check Macy’s Credit Card Application Status
If you have applied for the Macy’s Credit Card online and want to know the application status then check the below steps –
1. First, call (888) 257-6757
2. Now follow the automated prompts that lead to an application status check, or
3. You can connect with a representative and tell them that you want to check your Macy’s Credit Card application status
4. Next, give your name and Social Security number
5. Finally, the automated voice or customer service representative will tell you if your application is pending, approved, or denied
Once you apply for the Macy’s Credit Card, the Department Stores National Bank will give their decision on your application within 7 to 10 business days. Though, most of the applicants are approved much sooner than the above time.
Pros And Cons Of Macy’s Credit Card
|Pros of Macy’s Credit Card||Cons of Macy’s Credit Card|
|Up To $100 Off Your First Purchase||Very High Regular APR|
|Up To 5 Points Per $1 Spent||No 0% Purchase Financing|
|Access To Special Promotions||3% Foreign Transaction Fee|
|No Annual Fee||Good or excellent credit required|
Macy’s Credit Card Fees
Here are the Macy’s Credit card fees –
1. Annual Fee: $0
2. Cash Advance Fee: 4% (min $5)
3. Foreign Fee: 3%
4. Max Late Fee: $40
FAQs About How To Apply For A Macy’s Credit Card
What If I Have Declined For The Macy’s Credit Card?
If you have applied for Macy’s Credit Card and if your credit card doesn’t get approved, then you will be considered for the Macy’s Store Card. The Macy’s Store Card is easier to get than the credit card. To get the Macy’s Store Card, you only need fair credit and this card offers nearly all the same perks as the Amex version. The only difference between Macy’s Store Card and credit card is, you can only use the Macy’s Store Card at Macy’s stores and macys.com.
What Is The APR Of A Macy’s Credit Card?
The APR of a Macy’s credit card varies depending on the Prime Rate. However, the current APR is 26.99 percent and the minimum charge is $2.
Is There An Annual Fee For Macy’s Credit Card?
No, there is no annual fee for Macy’s credit card.
Is There A Late Fee For Macy’s Credit Card?
You have to pay a late fee only if your payment is received after the due date. In this type of situation, you might be charged up to $40 as late fees.
What Bank Issues The Macy’s Card?
Department Stores National Bank (“DSNB”) issues the Macy’s card as well as the Macy’s Credit Card and the Macy’s American Express Card.
When Will I Receive My New Macy’s Card?
Once your application is approved, you will get the new Macy’s Card within 7-10 business days of your account opening.
Can I Use My Macy’s Card Anywhere?
Yes, you can use your Macy’s credit card on all Macy’s purchases. On the other hand, you will be able to use a Macy’s American Express Card at Macy’s as well as outside Macy’s where Macy’s American Express Card is accepted.
Is There A Discount Offered With Macy’s Cards?
Yes, there is a discount offered with Macy’s cards. When you open a new account, you will get a one-time 20% discount. You can use this discount first two days in-store or online with p to $100 on your Macy’s purchases.
What Is The Average Macy’s Card Credit Limit?
The average credit limit of Macy’s card ranges from $500 to $2,500. Though, the actual limit depends on three main factors:
1. Your credit scores
2. Your income
3. Your current credit utilization ratio
Last Updated on January 14, 2022 by Musa D