If you have a Capital One bank account then you can wire transfer funds from your account. You can do a wire transfer with Capital One in three ways: online, by phone, and in-branch. The online wire transfer is only available for Capital One account holders within the USA.
- In order to make a Capital One wire transfer, you have to provide some information like the name of the account holder, wire routing number (ABA), bank address, etc.
- If you want to wire transfer money to a company then you have to provide information like the company name, order number, bank’s wire routing number, company address, etc.
- Depending on the account type, you might have to pay a fee to make a wire transfer and it can range from $25 – $30
- If you have a Capital One bank account then you can also receive funds via wire transfer
What is a Wire Transfer?
A wire transfer is an electronic payment service that facilitates money transfer through a network of banks or transfer agencies around the world. If you want to transfer a large amount of money securely and very fast then you won’t find a better option than the wire transfer. You can make a wire transfer from one bank account to another bank account, as well as transfer cash at a cash office. Though wire transfer is a bit costly compared to other money transferring methods but with a wire transfer, you can transfer large amounts as well as send money in a foreign currency which is very convenient. You can wire transfer both domestically and internationally. But the delivery time and cost vary for each wire transfer type!
How Do I Do a Wire Transfer with Capital One?
There are three easy ways you can make a wire transfer with your Capital One bank account. They are –
- By phone
You should know that online wire transfer is only available within the USA. To initiate a wire transfer you have to provide some information to the bank authority. Therefore, before making a Capital One wire transfer, make sure you have the following information:
- Account holder’s full name
- Wire routing number (ABA)
- Mobile phone for two-step identity verification
- Intermediary bank wire routing number (ABA) – optional
- Intermediary bank address – optional
On the other hand, if you are sending money to a company then you must have the below information
- Title Company’s name
- Loan/escrow/order number (if provided)
- Title company address
- Title company bank’s wire routing number (ABA)
- Title company bank’s address
Moreover, you should have a clear idea about exactly how much money you want to transfer and which currency you want to use. If you want to transfer money to a title company then you can send up to $500,000 to a title company. If you want to make an international wire transfer then you will also need an IBAN. If you want to make a wire transfer by phone or in-branch then you have to provide the required information to the customer agent and the customer agent will complete the rest of the paperwork. But if you want to wire transfer money online then you have to follow the below steps –
- First, open a browser on your computer
- Now Visit CapitalOne.Com
- Next login to your Capital One Online account using your username and password
- Then select the account from which you want to send the funds
- After that click on “Account Services & Settings”
- Then from the available options select “Wire Money”
- Next, provide all the required information to complete the process
Capital One Wire Transfer Offerings by Account Type
|Account type||Eligible Method||Sending fees||Sending limits to a title company||Sending limits to a linked account|
|Essential CheckingHigh-Yield CheckingEssential Savings||BranchPhone||$25.00||None||None|
|360 Checking360 Savings360 Money MarketPerformance SavingsTotal Control CheckingConfidence SavingsSavings NowSimply Checking||OnlinePhone||$30.00||$500,000||None|
Receiving Wire Transfer to a Capital One Bank Account
If you have a Capital One bank account then you can also receive funds via wire transfer. In order to receive funds via wire transfer, you have to provide the below information –
- Name of your bank: Capital One
- SWIFT code: HIBKUS44
- Routing Transit Number (ABA number): Varies. Contact customer service for your routing transit number
- Capital One’s bank address, city & state: 30 7th Ave South, Saint Cloud, MN 56301
- Beneficiary account number: Your account number – as it appears on your statement
- Beneficiary details: Your name
Capital One Wire Transfer Fees
Usually, most banks have fixed fees for wire transfers. Though the fees might vary depending on the account type and the bank where your account is. You can contact a Capital One customer agent to know the correct information about the wire transfer. Below are the wire transfer fees of Capital on the Checking account –
|Incoming wire (both domestic and international)||$15|
|Outgoing wire (domestic only)||$25|
|Outgoing wire (international)||$40|
Processing Time of Capital One Wire Transfer
Every bank has a cutoff time to process the wire transfer. So, if you can initiate your wire transfer before the cutoff time then Capital One bank will process your wire transfer within the same working day. The cutoff time of Capital One bank is 2 pm ET Monday – Friday. So, if you miss the cutoff time then Capital One bank will process your wire transaction on the next working day.
FAQs about How to Do a Wire Transfer with Capital One
Does Capital One Bank do wire transfers?
Yes, Capital One bank does wire transfers. You can initiate wire transfers domestically and internationally from various Capital One accounts including Capital One Essential Checking, High-Yield Checking, and Essential Savings retail account.
How do you set up a wire transfer?
You can easily initiate a wire transfer in person at your bank, or through your online bank account. You have to provide some information while wire transferring funds. You have to provide the recipient’s name, bank name, account number, transfer amount, routing number, etc.
Can I do a wire transfer over the phone?
Yes, Capital One bank allows its customers to do a wire transfer over the phone. You can send a domestic wire transfer through the Capital One wire team from 9 a.m. ET to 5 p.m. ET Monday-Friday.
How can I transfer money from one Capital One account to another Capital One account instantly?
Wire transfer is the fastest way to transfer money from one Capital One account to another Capital One account. To initiate a domestic Capital One wire transfer you have to provide the routing number, account number, and the name of the recipient.
How to make an international wire transfer with Capital One?
Capital One only allows international wire transfer for their Essentials Checking, Essentials High-Yield, and Essentials Saving account holders. If you want to make an international wire transfer then you have to visit a Capital One bank branch and talk with a bank officer.
Last Updated on November 7, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.