PayPal is a widely accepted payment method and it requires real names on personal accounts to make a transaction. There are many reasons; people need to make payments with PayPal without sharing their name. However, if you have a PayPal personal account then you can’t hide your name when making payments or other transactions. You can only hide your name if you have a PayPal Business account.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Steps To Hide Name On PayPal
- 2 Temporarily Changing the Profile Information
- 3 Switching To A PayPal Business Account
- 4 FAQs About How To Hide Name On PayPal
- 4.1 1. Does PayPal Show The Full Name To The Sender?
- 4.2 2. What Would Happen If I Used A Fake Name/Address On PayPal?
- 4.3 3. Can I Edit My Name In My PayPal Account?
- 4.4 4. Can I Have A PayPal Business Account Without A Business?
- 4.5 5. What Are Anonymous Online Payment Methods?
- 4.6 6. What Information Does PayPal Give To A Seller Of A Service?
- 4.7 7. Can PayPal Close Your Account For A Fake ID?
- 4.8 8. What Name Shows Up On PayPal?
- 4.9 9. How Do I Change My Name On PayPal Without ID?
Steps To Hide Name On PayPal
Hiding real name or business name on PayPal is very useful if you are making multiple payments or want to use your PayPal account for multiple businesses. You can’t hide your name from PayPal but you can temporarily change your profile information so that you can hide your name on PayPal. There are two ways you can hide your name on PayPal. They are:
1. Temporarily changing the profile information
2. Switching to a PayPal Business Account
Temporarily Changing the Profile Information
PayPal allows its users to temporarily change their profile information and the process is very simple. Check the below steps –
1. First login to your PayPal business account
2. Now click on the “Profile” tab and then from the available options select “My Business Info”
3. Then click on the “Change” option next to the Name heading
4. Then, click the “Business Name Change” option
5. Now replace the name with your preferable name or an alternate business name
6. Finally, click on the “Continue” to complete the change
Switching To A PayPal Business Account
If you don’t want to share your personal information from your business account then you can switch to a PayPal business account to hide the name. Now follow the steps below –
1. First, you have to create a new email address for your business account
2. Now Log in to your PayPal account
3. Once you are logged in, click on the gear icon (Settings) which is located at the top-right corner
4. Then from the available options click on the “Upgrade to a Business account”
5. A new page will load, now select “Use a new email with your business account” from the available options, or
6. You can also choose the “Use your current email address to switch to a business account” option if you have no problem with closing your personal PayPal account
7. Then click on the “Next” button at the bottom of the page
8. Now enter the email address that you will use to Sign up or log in
9. Then click on the “Continue” button
10. On the next page, you have to provide detailed information about your business
11. If you are a registered business then you have to provide your employer ID or sole proprietor ID
12. If your business is not registered then you have to provide your social security number
13. Finally, click on the submit button to complete the process
Once your business account is created, you can send and receive payments with PayPal without sharing your real name and personal information.
FAQs About How To Hide Name On PayPal
1. Does PayPal Show The Full Name To The Sender?
PayPal shows the name that is used to register the PayPal account to the sender. If you have a personal account then the sender will see your real name and email address in their account transaction history. If you have a business account then the sender will see your business name and email address.
2. What Would Happen If I Used A Fake Name/Address On PayPal?
PayPal doesn’t verify the identity when you are opening a PayPal account. So you can use a fake name and address on PayPal. However, using a fake name and address is a violation of the KTC (Know Your Customer)/AML (Anti Money Laundering) laws. Moreover, it is also against the terms of service of PayPal so if you get caught then your account will be suspended and you might face further penalties.
3. Can I Edit My Name In My PayPal Account?
Yes, you can edit your name on your PayPal account. You can change the name from the profile tab. If you completely change your PayPal name then PayPal will ask you to submit legal documents to prove your identity. So you have to provide valid proof of your identification.
4. Can I Have A PayPal Business Account Without A Business?
Yes, you can open a PayPal business account without having a business. In that case, you have to open a sole proprietor PayPal account where your name will be the business name. Moreover, you have to collect your sole proprietor” EIN from the IRS because you have to provide the EIN when opening a sole proprietor account.
5. What Are Anonymous Online Payment Methods?
There are many online payment methods available that allow you to send and receive money anonymously. They are –
2. Prepaid debit cards
3. Disposable (Virtual/Masked) credit cards
4. Prepaid gift cards
6. Google Pay
7. Apple Pay Cash
10. Cash App
11. Third-party private payment services
6. What Information Does PayPal Give To A Seller Of A Service?
Usually, PayPal provides information that is required to complete the transaction. So PayPal might provide information that includes name, account ID, contact details, shipping, and billing address, etc. To a seller of service, PayPal provides –
1. Buyer’s full name
2. Buyer’s Email
3. Buyer’s shipping address
4. Items/ Product name
7. Can PayPal Close Your Account For A Fake ID?
Yes, PayPal can close an account for a fake ID. In fact, PayPal can ban you from the platform permanently. Moreover, if you have any amount on your account then you have to sue PayPal to get back your money.
8. What Name Shows Up On PayPal?
What name will be shown on your account depends on what type of PayPal account you have. If you have a business account then PayPal will show your business name. On the other hand, if you have a PayPal personal account then PayPal will display your Full name.
9. How Do I Change My Name On PayPal Without ID?
If you want to change your name on PayPal then you have to provide a valid photo ID. Without a Photo ID, you can’t change the name of your PayPal account. You have to provide a photo ID that might be your driving license, passport, etc. If you don’t have a photo ID then you have to provide your birth certificate, Government-issued document, etc.
Last Updated on June 10, 2021 by Musa D