A Visa gift card is a type of prepaid Visa card that you can use for purchases at merchants worldwide that accept Visa Debit Cards. A Visa gift card has more facilities than other types of cards because you can use a Visa gift card at the local pizza restaurant, a gas station, etc. However, Amazon doesn’t accept Visa gift cards directly. Therefore, if you want to use a Visa gift card on Amazon then you have to find a workaround to trick the Amazon website to think that your Visa gift card is a debit or credit card.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Steps To Use A Visa Gift Card On Amazon
- 2 What Is Visa Gift Card?
- 3 How Does Visa Gift Card Work?
- 4 FAQs About How To Use A Visa Gift Card On Amazon
- 4.1 How Can I Check My Balance On My Visa Gift Card?
- 4.2 Is There A Limit On The Frequency Of Transactions Or The Number Of Merchants For Visa Gift Cards?
- 4.3 What Happens When I Have Spent The Balance On The Visa Gift Card?
- 4.4 Can I Use My Visa Gift Card Internationally?
- 4.5 Can My Visa Gift Card Be Used At Gas Stations?
- 4.6 Do I Need To Activate My Visa Gift Card?
Steps To Use A Visa Gift Card On Amazon
1. First, make sure your Visa gift card is activated and check the balance
2. Now visit Amazon’s official website and log in to your Amazon account
3. Next click on the “Your Account” option
4. Then from the available options click on the “Account Settings”
5. After that select “Your Payments”
6. Then from the available options select “Amazon Gift Card” and tap on “Reload your balance”
7. Now enter the amount you have on your Visa gift card
8. Then add the information of Visa gift card including the card number and the expiration date
9. Next, enter your valid address and the gift card is successfully added as a payment method like any other regular debit/credit card
10. Now, when making your purchase make sure you select the gift card as the payment method and complete the payment
What Is Visa Gift Card?
The Visa gift card is a “non-reloadable prepaid” card that is loaded with a set amount of funds. This type of card can be used for multiple purchases as long as the fund remains on the card. You can use the Visa gift card for purchases at merchants worldwide that accept Visa Debit Cards. The limit of a Visa gift card is the amount of money that is loaded on the card by the purchaser. Visa gift cards can be an ideal gift option for occasions like birthdays, holidays, weddings, etc. people of all ages can use this gift card.
How Does Visa Gift Card Work?
A Visa gift card works quite similarly to a debit or credit card. The main difference is, Visa gift card is a preloaded card and the initial value is set by the person who purchased the card. So, you can’t add extra funds to this card. The Visa gift card carries the Visa logo like any other Visa card and it can be used at any place where the card is accepted. So, if you want to make the payment with the Visa card at a store then simply hand the card to the merchant and sign the purchase receipt. So, each time you make a purchase that amount is automatically deducted from the card balance. If your Visa gift card says Valid only in Canada on the front then the card provider has issued a Domestic Use Only card. Therefore, your gift card won’t be accepted outside of Canada. Some Visa gift card has “ELECTRONIC USE ONLY” printed on the front of the card. It means your card has to be swiped through an electronic terminal at a retail store to complete the purchase.
FAQs About How To Use A Visa Gift Card On Amazon
How Can I Check My Balance On My Visa Gift Card?
You can easily check the balance of your Visa gift card. If you want to check the balance of your Visa gift card then you can call the toll-free number at 866.833.2370 or check online at www.ConsumerCardAccess.com/cugift2.
Is There A Limit On The Frequency Of Transactions Or The Number Of Merchants For Visa Gift Cards?
No, there is no limit on the frequency of transactions or the number of merchants for Vias gift cards. You can make a transaction as long as there is a fund available on your Visa card.
What Happens When I Have Spent The Balance On The Visa Gift Card?
A Visa gift card is a Preloaded and non-reloadable card, so if you spend the whole balance on the Visa gift card then the card can no longer be used.
Can I Use My Visa Gift Card Internationally?
Yes, you can use the Visa gift card internationally to stores that accept Visa Debit Cards. If you made a transaction e in currencies other than U.S. dollars then the amount will be converted to U.S. dollars and you have to pay an international transaction fee of 1%.
Can My Visa Gift Card Be Used At Gas Stations?
Yes, you can use the Visa gift cards at gas stations that accept Visa Debit Cards.
Do I Need To Activate My Visa Gift Card?
The answer to this question depends on the provider of your card. Usually, most of the Visa gift cards are activated automatically upon purchase and may be used immediately. However, there are some visa gift cards available that must be activated by the recipient before they can use the card.
Last Updated on January 14, 2022 by Musa D