Using the Vanilla gift card online is very easy. It’s as simple as using a debit or credit card. You can either register the card online or set a pin to use the card. Or, use the default pin to use the card. The default pin is the last 4-digit of the card number. So, when you want to make the online payment provide the card number and then provide the PIN to complete the payment process.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 What Is Vanilla Gift Card?
- 3 How To Use Vanilla Gift Card Online?
- 4 How To Use Vanilla Gift Card To Shop In-store?
- 5 How To Add Vanilla Gift Card To A Digital Wallet?
- 6 How To Activate A Vanilla Gift Card?
- 7 FAQs About How To Use Vanilla Gift Card Online
- The Vanilla gift card is a type of prepaid Visa gift card that is available to purchase in amounts ranging from $10 to $500
- You can use the Vanilla gift card virtually anywhere within the United States and the District of Columbia
- In order to use the vanilla Gift Card in-store, hand over the card to the cashier and tell the cashier how much you want to apply to each payment type
- If you have a Vanilla gift card then you have to activate the card first and you can easily do it from https://balance.VanillaGift.com
What Is Vanilla Gift Card?
A Vanilla gift card offers Visa gift cards with funds that never expire! You can use the Vanilla gift card to shop for all occasions. The best part of the Vanilla gift card is, you can use them virtually anywhere within the United States and the District of Columbia. Moreover, this gift card also offers convenient delivery options. You can send the vanilla gift card by e-mail or the plastic Gift Card by mail. You can use this gift card for in-store, online, phone, and mail-order transactions.
How To Use Vanilla Gift Card Online?
To shop online with Vanilla Gift Card then you have to make sure that your Vanilla gift card balance is more than the entire cost of the purchase, including taxes. Moreover, some transaction types require a hold of up to 20% above the purchase amount. Therefore, you should check the Cardholder Agreement for more information. To make an online payment –
1. First, you have to select “Credit” or “Debit” as the payment method; make sure you don’t select “Gift Card”
2. Now in the Payment Method section, enter the card information same as the credit or debit card
3. Then in the billing address section, please fill in your name and address
4. Finally provide the pin to complete the transaction
How To Use Vanilla Gift Card To Shop In-store?
Every time check the balance of your vanilla gift card before shopping in-store. So, if your card has a sufficient balance then you can easily make in-store payments. To use your Gift Card in-store, hand over the card to the cashier and tell the cashier how much you want to apply to each payment type. You should remember that not all merchants allow split payment transactions and some transaction types require a hold of up to 20% above the purchase amount. Therefore, talk with the store owner before making the payment with the Vanilla gift card. In order to make the payment, you have to swipe the gift card and select Credit on the keypad or enter a 4-digit number as your PIN and make the payment. Moreover, you can also use your vanilla gift card to pay with digital wallets like Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, and Google Pay.
How To Add Vanilla Gift Card To A Digital Wallet?
One of the key features of a Vanilla gift card is you can use it with digital wallets. You can easily add the Vanilla gift card to a digital wallet. Follow the below steps –
1. First, open the digital wallet on your computer
2. Now log into your wallet using the username and password
3. Then from the available options click on the “Add Card”
4. Now provide the card number in the required fields
5. Then follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process
How To Activate A Vanilla Gift Card?
If you have a Vanilla gift card then you have to activate the gift card before you can use it. If you have purchased the gift card at VanillaGift.com then in most cases the card can be used immediately. Moreover, you can also activate your Gift Card and check the balance at https://balance.VanillaGift.com or by calling the toll-free number listed on the back of your Card. You have to provide your card number, valid thru date, and security code to activate the card. You can find this information on the back of the card.
FAQs About How To Use Vanilla Gift Card Online
Where Can I Ship A Vanilla Gift Card?
You can send a Vanilla gift card to one address and it can be different from the billing address. You should know that you won’t be able to ship Gift Cards to PO Boxes, APO or FPO addresses, or international addresses. Moreover, a vanilla gift card does not accept payment methods with addresses from the state of HI for Gift Cards.
Why Is My Vanilla Gift Card Being Declined Online?
There are quite a few possible reasons available to decline your Vanilla gift card online. One key reason is insufficient balance. If your card doesn’t have enough money left on it card then your card will be declined. Moreover, if you haven’t activated your card then your card will be declined. Moreover, if your given address is different from the address on the card then the transaction will be canceled and your card will be declined.
Do I Need A Pin For My Vanilla Visa Gift Card?
Yes, you will need a pin for your Vanilla gift card to use to make online purchases. But the PIN is not located on the cards themselves. Instead, you have to call the number presented on the back of your card and then enter your gift card number to set up your PIN. Once you provide the required information you will be able to set up a four-digit security PIN.
How Long Does A Vanilla Gift Card Take To Activate?
It won’t take much time to activate a Vanilla gift card. In fact, a Vanilla gift card can be activated immediately once the cashier completes the purchase.
How Can I Get Cash From A Vanilla Gift Card?
There are many ways you can get cash from a Vanilla gift card. Some common but effective ways are –
1. Adding the card to your PayPal wallet
2. Adding it to the Venmo account
3. Paying your bills with your Visa gift card
4. Go to a Gift Card Exchange to trade it in
5. Selling your Visa gift card through an app
6. Selling the gift card online
Last Updated on November 5, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.