There are many ways you can create an Instagram business account and it’s not mandatory to have a Facebook account to open a business account. You can Sign Up directly from the Instagram app on your mobile or computer. You can open a business account using your mobile number or email ID. If you use a mobile number then you will receive an OTP code message on your number. So use a mobile number that is active.
- An Instagram business account allows you to use your Instagram account for marketing and business purposes
- You don’t need a Facebook account to open an Instagram business account
- You must have an Instagram account to open an Instagram business account
- You can open an Instagram business account with a valid mobile number and email address
- The working procedure of an Instagram business account is quite similar to Facebook ads and you will be able to set up, run, and track campaigns
What is an Instagram Business Account?
An Instagram business account is similar to a Facebook page. A business account indicates the Instagram that you are using the platform for marketing purposes. Therefore, Instagram allows you to access several features that a personal Instagram account holder can’t enjoy. Some of the key features include:
1. Ability to boost the posts
2. Ability to add links to your stories
3. Access to native analytics
4. Ability to sell directly from your Instagram posts
Features Of Instagram Business Account
1. Instagram Insights provides a breakdown of the business profile including information like new followers, profile views, impressions, number of posts, reach, website clicks, etc.
2. A business profile has the ability to tag products directly within an Instagram post
3. Instagram Checkout allows business profiles to sell their products entirely within Instagram
4. With an Instagram Business Profile, you can set up, run, and track campaigns similar to the Facebook Ads
5. With an Instagram business profile, you can promote your posts directly from the app
6. You can add a contact and Auction button on your profile on Instagram business
7. The Quick Replies feature lets a user create messages for the most frequently asked questions and save lots of time
8. Thanks to “Branded Content Approval” you can easily restrict who can tag you as a branded content partner in their posts
9. If you have more than 10k followers on Instagram then you can add links to your Instagram Stories with an Instagram Business profile
10. Inbox Management feature allows a business profile user to filter messages into 3 categories:
11. With a business profile, you can plan photo or video posts in advance and schedule them to go live at a certain date and time
How To Create An Instagram Business Account Without Facebook
1. You can use the Instagram app to open an Instagram business account without Facebook. The process is the same for Android, iOS, and Windows smartphones. Now follow the below steps:
2. First, install the Instagram app on your device
3. Once the installation is completed, open the app
4. After opening the app you will see three options:
a) Log in
b) log in with Facebook
c) Sign up
5. Now select the “Sign UP” option and you will see the “Instagram account registration” screen
6. You can choose from a phone number or email ID to create the account; the process is the same for both options
7. If you choose the Phone Number option then enter your phone number and tap on the Next button
8. Now you will receive an OTP code to confirm the Phone number with Instagram
9. Enter the OTP in the Confirmation Code Box and tap on Next
10. In the next screen provide your Full name and Password for the newly created Instagram account
11. Then provide a user name by choosing the “Change Username” option
12. Next Instagram will ask you to link your Facebook profile; you can skip this part if you don’t have a Facebook account
13. After that, you can add a profile picture to your Instagram account
14. Once the account is created go to the Settings from the app
15. Now scroll down to “Switch to business account”
16. Then add details, like your business category and contact information
17. Finally, tap “Done” to complete the process
How To Create An Instagram Business Account without Facebook On Computer
If you are using a computer then you can also create an Instagram business account without Facebook. The process is very simple. Here are the steps:
1. First, open the browser on your computer and visit www.Instagram.com
2. Now from the available options click on the Sign-Up option
3. Provide a mobile number or use an Email ID
4. Then fill in other details such as Full name and password
5. Next Instagram will ask you to link your Facebook profile; you can skip this part if you don’t have a Facebook account
6. Once the account is created go to the Settings from the app
7. Now scroll down to “Switch to business account”
8. Then add details, like your business category and contact information
9. Finally, tap “Done” to complete the process
How To Convert A Personal Instagram Account To A Business Account
If you have a personal Instagram account then you don’t have to create a new business account. You can easily convert your personal account into a business account. The process is very simple. Here are the details:
1. First login to your existing personal account
2. Now select the profile icon to go to your profile
3. Then tap the three lines icon at the top right of the screen, then tap Settings
4. Now scroll down to the “Switch to business account” option and tam on “Continue”
5. Now add the contact information of your business:
a) An email address
b) A phone number
c) A physical address
6. Finally, select the “Done” to complete the process
FAQs About Instagram Business Account
Can I Have An Instagram Business Account Without A Facebook Account?
Yes, you can have an Instagram business account without a Facebook account. Use the signup option from the Instagram app to open the account because it doesn’t require any Facebook account.
Is A Business Instagram Account Free?
Yes, a business Instagram account is free to use. If you want to promote your business then you should use the Instagram business account because it is packed with some amazing features that a personal Instagram profile holder can’t use.
What’s The Difference Between A Person And A Business Instagram Account?
There are significant differences between a personal and a business Instagram account. One of the major differences is, you can add multiple Facebook pages and profiles in a personal account, but the business account only allows one Facebook page.
How Many Instagram Accounts Can You Have?
You can have a total of 5 Instagram account and add them to your app. Once you add the accounts you can easily switch between them without having to log out and log back in. This feature is included in version 7.15 for iOS and Android devices.
Does Instagram Business Show Who Viewed Your Profile?
No, an Instagram business doesn’t show who has viewed your profile but it shows the number of people who have visited/viewed your profile. The Instagram business account shows the data for the last seven days and it includes how many people saw your posts in their feed.
How Can I Increase My Followers On Instagram?
There are many ways you can increase followers on Instagram. Some effective methods are:
Post live videos, and Stories
Use quality Hashtags
Share user-generated content
Collaborate with other users
Post at the right time
Use the analytics
Engage the fans and followers
Cross-post to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr
Is It Better To Have A Business Instagram Or Personal?
The answer to this question depends on what purpose you are using Instagram. A personal Instagram account allows its users to post the same great photos as an Instagram business account but a business account comes with more premium features that are useful for promoting a business. So if you want to promote a business then a business account is the best option.
Can You Remove Your Business Account From Instagram?
Yes, Instagram lets its user remove or delete business account from Instagram. If you are wondering how then check the below steps:
First, open the browser on your computer and log in to your account
Now click on 3 lines in the top right corner and select Settings
From the available options click on the Account
Go to the “Delete Your Account” page
From the drop-down menu choose the reason you are removing the account
Now you will be asked to confirm your wish to delete an account by re-entering a password
Finally, click on the “Permanently delete my account” option to complete the process
How Do You Tell If An Instagram Account Is A Business Account?
There are many ways you can tell whether it’s a personal or business Instagram account. The easiest way is to look for the “Contact button” in the profile. Moreover, if the profile shows information like business category or physical location then it’s a sign of a business account.
Last Updated on October 2, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.