Are you looking for information about Farfetch and wondering whether it’s legit or a scam? Well, then you have landed in the right place! Today I will discuss all Farfetch and help you find out the legitimacy of this online shopping platform. Let’s explore!
Jump To A Section
What Is Farfetch?
Farfetch is a very renowned British-Portuguese online luxury fashion retail platform established in June 2007 by the Portuguese entrepreneur José Neves. Farfetch is headquartered in London and has main branches in Lisbon and Porto. It is a well-established luxury e-commerce fashion store that sells products from over 700 boutiques and brands from around the world. In Farfetch you will find products of prominent brands like Fendi, Versace, Burberry, Gucci, Balenciaga, Palm Angles, Saint Laurent, Thom Browne, Alexander McQueen, and many more. Farfetch ships products to 190 countries around the world and it has an online shopping portal for markets in English, French, Chinese, German, Spanish, Japanese, etc. The main aid of Farfetch is to help make designer items more accessible to buyers around the globe.
List Of Products Available At Farfetch
Suits & Tailoring
Slides & flip flops
Exclusives & collaborations
Most wanted sneakers
Sneaker drop zone
Laptop bags & briefcases
Luggage & duffel bags
Satchels & messenger bags
Phone cases & tech accessories
Ties & bow ties
Wallets & cardholders
Flip flops & slides
Hermès Birkin pre-owned
Louis Vuitton Monogram pre-owned
Gucci GG Marmont
Headbands & hair clips
Hats & caps
Wallets & cardholders
Candles & home fragrance
Stationery & books
Sweaters & knitwear
T-Shirts & vests
Saint Laurent LouLou
Glasses & frames
Underwear & socks
How Does Farfetch Operate?
Farfetch is not like a conventional online shopping platform. Basically, it’s a marketplace that works with other stores, brands, and boutiques. It doesn’t have a physical store. Farfetch works as an agent that connects you with its partner stores and designers. So, products you will see on Farfetch are in shops or storages of different boutiques or creators worldwide. When you place an order on Farfetch, you are not buying products from Farfetch, you are buying products from one of their partners. Farfetch collects the product on your behalf of you and ships the product to you. Farfetch doesn’t have complete control over the shipping process but Farfetch has high safety standards to ensure the company that is providing the product is legit. Farfetch is partnered with some of the biggest names in the fashion industry – Balenciaga, Versace, and Prada. So, big brands won’t work with Farfetch if they weren’t trustworthy.
Farfetch Shipping Policy
Farfetch has multiple shipping options that include Standard delivery (across selected countries) and Express delivery (for all destinations). The shipping cost will vary depending on the delivery type, the origin of the merchandise, and the final destination. If you choose Standard delivery then you will receive the product within 2 – 6 business days. For Express delivery it might take 2 – 4 days to deliver to the US and most of Europe. Farfetch has a free shipping policy depending on the location from where you are ordering as well as what amount you are ordering. If you’re placing your order from the locations below and it’s above the following threshold, we also offer a lower delivery fee –
1. Canada: CAD $300
2. United States: USD $300
3. Mexico: MXN $2600
4. Brazil: BRL R$580
5. China, Mainland: CNY ¥1500
6. Hong Kong: HKD $2000
7. Taiwan, Macau: USD $150
8. Japan: JPY ¥28000
9. Russia: RUB 18000
10. Republic of Korea: KRW ₩280000
11. Singapore: SGD $350
12. United Kingdom: GBP £150
13. Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, France: EUR €200
14. Sweden: SEK 1340kr
15. Denmark: DKK kr.1050
16. Romania: EUR €220
17. Switzerland: CHF 150
18. Poland: PLN 600
19. Rest of Europe: EUR €140
20. Kuwait: USD $250
21. UAE: UAE Dirham 900
22. Qatar: Riyal 600
23. Saudi Arabia: Riyal 900
24. Rest of Middle East: USD $150
25. Australia: AUD $300
Farfetch Return And Refund Policy
Like any other real online shopping platform, Farfetch also has a return and refund policy. If you want to return the product then you have to send the product within 14 days from the delivery date. Moreover, there are other conditions that you have to fulfill to qualify for a return at Farfetch. Below are the return policies –
1. Items must be returned unworn, undamaged, and unused, with all tags attached and the original packaging included.
2. Final sale items cannot be returned unless the item arrives damaged or faulty when delivered to you.
3. Footwear and accessories must be returned with the original branded boxes and dust bags, where provided, and placed inside a protective outer box for shipping.
4. When trying on footwear, please take care not to mark the soles or damage the shoe box.
5. If an item has a FARFETCH security tag or brand tag attached, it must be returned with the tag in its original position.
6. Beauty and cosmetic products must be returned unopened and unused, with the seals of any packaging still intact.
7. Hosiery, lingerie, and swimwear items must be returned with the hygiene seals attached and in unopened and undamaged product packaging, where applicable.
8. Lingerie and swimwear must only be tried on over your own undergarments. We will not accept any returns that have been worn or are soiled.
9. Due to the nature of face masks, we will not be able to accept returns unless the item is damaged or faulty when delivered to you.
10. Jewelry must be returned in the same condition it arrived in, including all branded packaging and documents provided with it.
How To Return A Product On Farfetch
1. First, open a browser on your computer
2. Next log in to your Farfetch account
3. After that click on Orders & Returns
4. Now find the order that you want to return
5. Then select the item and your reason for return
6. Next, put the product in the original designer boxes or cases that came with your order
7. Attach the return level and Return Note to the outside of the Farfetch packaging
8. Finally, give the Waybill Doc to the courier and make a note of the Waybill Number for future uses
Payment Supported By Farfetch
Below is the list of payment methods that Farfetch accepts –
4. American Express
8. JDpay (only available to China Mainland)
10. Apple Pay
11. AfterPay (only available to Australia)
12. Alipay (only available to United States, Canada, China Mainland, Hong Kong SAR, and Macau SAR)
13. HB Pay (only available to China Mainland and Hong Kong)
14. Klarna (only available to US, UK, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland)
15. WeChat (only available in China Mainland, Hong Kong, and Macau)
16. UnionPay (only available to Canada, China Mainland, Taiwan Region, Hong Kong SAR, and Macau SAR)
17. iDEAL (only available to The Netherlands)
18. Sofortbanking/ Klarna Pay Now (only available to Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Belgium)
19. Boleto (only available to Brazil)
Is Farfetch Legit Or Scam?
Farfetch is a 100% legit shopping platform and it has a good reputation. Items sold on Farfetch are guaranteed by Farfetch that they are 100% authentic by their retailers. However, as Farfetch doesn’t make the products and they work with thousands of stores and brands so there might be some problems with a few products. In TrustPilot, some customers gave negative reviews and they were disappointed by the Farfetch shopping experience. But if you have a problem with any products on Farfetch then there is nothing to worry about. Farfetch has an excellent return and refund policy so if you have any problem with any product then you can return it to Farfetch and get a refund. Negative reviews are common for online stores so you can’t judge a store by some negative reviews. Farfetch has lots of positive reviews that ensure the quality and legitimacy of the store. You can read the positive and negative reviews of Farfetch at TrustPilot Farfetch Reviews.
List Of Awards Won By Farfetch
1. Farfetch was awarded Vogue’s “Best New Etailer Award” in 2010.
2. Farfetch was awarded The Europas’ “Best Fashion Startup” in 2014.
3. Farfetch won a Digital Masters Award for “Excellence in General Management” in 2015.
4. Farfetch’s founder was awarded a Digital Masters Award for “CEO of the Year” in 2015.
5. Farfetch was awarded the “Grand Prix” Performance Marketing Award in 2015.
6. Farfetch was awarded the “Best Organic Search Campaign” Performance Marketing Award in 2015.
7. Farfetch won the UK Tech Awards “best use of tech in the digital economy award” in 2016.
Finally, Farfetch is a well-established, award-winning, and reputable company with offices all over the world. However, I can’t predict what will be your personal shopping experience with Farfetch. Farfetch has both positive and negative reviews. Therefore, shop cautiously with Farfetch!
Last Updated on August 5, 2022 by Ana S. Sutterfield
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.