Wayfair is a very renowned global furniture brand and it is a 100% legit platform. Wayfair has the largest catalog among the US stores because they work with thousands and millions of suppliers. So, you can shop tension free from Wayfair.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 What Is Wayfair?
- 3 Overview Of Wayfair
- 4 Wayfair Shipping Information
- 5 Wayfair Return And Refund Policies
- 6 Does Wayfair have Good Customer Service?
- 7 Wayfair Payment Methods
- 8 Advantages And Disadvantages Of Wayfair
- 9 Is Wayfair Legit?
- 10 Final Verdict
- 11 FAQs About Is Wayfair Legit? Is It Worth Buying In 2022?
- 11.1 Is Assembly Hardware Included With Wayfair Furniture?
- 11.2 What Is The Pricing Of Wayfair Products?
- 11.3 Do I Need To Sign Up For Wayfair To Make A Purchase?
- 11.4 Does Wayfair.com Sell High-quality Products?
- 11.5 Why Are Wayfair Products So Cheap?
- 11.6 Is Wayfair Owned By Amazon?
- 11.7 Where Is Wayfair Shipped From?
- 11.8 Does Wayfair Charge When Shipped?
- 11.9 Who Is The Owner Of Wayfair?
- 11.10 Who Is Wayfair’s Competition?
- Shopping from Wayfair will provide you with the experience of visiting thousands of stores with a single click from your computer
- People mostly prefer Wayfair for its high-quality products at an affordable price
- If the value of your purchased product is below $35 then you have to pay a flat rate shipping fee of $4.99
- Wayfair only ships to a small number of countries including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany
What Is Wayfair?
Wayfair.com is one of the largest furniture and home accessories retailers in America. This online shopping platform has millions of furniture and household items for customers to buy from. The price of Wayfair products is also affordable which makes it a very popular place to buy furniture. Moreover, Wayfair.com also offers a wedding registry system that will be convenient for you if you are engaged.
Overview Of Wayfair
|Owner(s):||Niraj Shah, Steve Conine|
|Customer Service Contact:||1-877-929-3247|
Wayfair Shipping Information
The shipping time of Wayfair is between one week to three weeks. The shipping cost of Wayfair is also affordable. If your order is below $35 then you have to pay a flat rate shipping fee of $4.99. If your order is above $35 then you don’t have to pay any shipping charge. Wayfair only ships to a small number of countries including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Wayfair doesn’t ship to P.O. boxes and if you live in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands then you might have to pay some extra fees.
Wayfair Return And Refund Policies
Wayfair supports returns & refunds and they have an excellent return policy. You can return the furniture within 30 days of delivery. However, you can’t return all the products and there are some conditions that you have to fulfill –
1. The product must be in its original, undamaged condition
2. Disassembled, if the item was originally delivered disassembled
3. The product must be in original packaging
4. If the original package is too damaged to be shipped then you should use a similar size box as the original box, the box can’t be longer than 108 inches
5. You can’t return the following items:
a. Clearance items
b. Gift cards
c. Personalized items
d. Bundled items at discounted rates, e.g., “5 for $25” (unless the entire bundle is returned)
e. Items you have already assembled
f. Items marked “non-Returnable” on the sale page
g. Open Box Items
If there are any outbound shipping charges and if the charge is collected then it won’t be refunded. This includes –
1. $4.99 shipping charge for orders under $35
2. Upgraded shipping charges (expedited, express, room of choice, etc.)
3. Assembly services included with delivery
While returning the product you have the option to choose store credit for your return or have the original payment method refunded. During the refund, shipping costs will be deducted from the refund amount. If you choose store credit then you will receive the credit within 1 business day once we’ve received notification that you have returned your item(s). On the other hand, a credit card refund might take 3-5 business days.
Does Wayfair have Good Customer Service?
You can contact the Wayfair customer service through its website, or at 1-877-929-3247. After researching Wayfair reviews, most of the customers have complained about Wayfair’s customer service. According to TrustPilot.com reviews, customer service representatives of Wayfair might act unprofessional or untrained, even sometimes hanging up on customers. Other reviews indicate shipping delays, slow response times from customer support, and many more.
Wayfair Payment Methods
Wayfair.com supports a wide range of payment methods. Some popular payment methods accepted by Wayfair are –
1. Debit & credit cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners, JCB
2. Wayfair Credit Card
3. PayPal & PayPal Credit
4. Apply Pay
5. Wayfair financing (Affirm, Acima, Fortiva, Genesis, Katapult, Progressive Leasing)
6. Wayfair gift cards store credit and rewards
8. Purchase orders
9. Personal checks, cashier’s checks, and money order
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Wayfair
|Advantages Of Wayfair||Disadvantages Of Wayfair|
|Offers a vast inventory of design options, colors, and materials.||There is no way you can check the product before ordering it|
|All the products on Wayfair are very affordable||Shipping requires lots of time|
|Millions of distributors work with Wayfair||Assembly is required for most items|
|Discount available on products||You have to pay the shipping cost for returned items|
|If there are any missing parts then they will be shipped for free||The customer service is poor|
|Free shipping for most items||Shipping restrictions to some states|
|There is a 30-day window to return the products||Doesn’t ship to many countries|
Is Wayfair Legit?
If you are buying furniture from Wayfair for the first time and concerned about the legitimacy of the company then there is nothing to worry about. Wayfair is a legit company and online shopping platform from where you can buy things at a reasonable price and assurance. Moreover, Wayfair has won lots of awards that confirm its credibility. You will also find lots of articles about Wayfair in Forbes and other reputable sources which also makes it a legit and trustworthy business. However, receiving faulty or damaged product is common for all online shops and Wayfair is not an exception. But Wayfair has return and refund policies so there is nothing to worry about. If you receive a damaged product then contact customer support to solve the issue.
I hope the above information has given you a clear idea about the legitimacy of Wayfair. Moreover, the products on Wayfair are very high quality and they are available at a reasonable price. There are discounts available on various products on Wayfair, so shopping with Wayfair might help you some money.
FAQs About Is Wayfair Legit? Is It Worth Buying In 2022?
Is Assembly Hardware Included With Wayfair Furniture?
Yes, assembly hardware is included with Wayfair furniture. If you don’t receive assembly hardware with your product then you can file a report within 30 days of delivery. Wayfair will send those parts or hardware for free.
What Is The Pricing Of Wayfair Products?
The pricing of Wayfair products varies depending on the wide distributor and product selection. Below is the pricing of the most popular items of Wayfair –
1. Sofas starting with $150
2. Beds starting with $86
3. Coffee tables starting with $26
4. Doormats starting with $5
5. Wall mirrors starting with $25
6. Chandeliers starting with $20
7. Dining tables starting with $86
Do I Need To Sign Up For Wayfair To Make A Purchase?
No, you don’t need to sign up for Wayfair to make a purchase. Wayfair has the option to order over the phone or by mail. So, you don’t have to create an account on Wayfair to place an order.
Does Wayfair.com Sell High-quality Products?
One interesting fact about Wayfair is it doesn’t manufacture the products that it sells. It collaborates with various companies and sells its products on Wayfair. Therefore, some products on Wayfair might be low quality or damaged. However, Wayfair has a reputation of selling high-quality products so if you receive a low-quality or damaged product then you can easily return it for exchange or refund.
Why Are Wayfair Products So Cheap?
There are quite a few reasons the products on Wayfair are cheap. One key reason is Wayfair is an online shop therefore they don’t have to pay for salespeople or rent or real estate. This way Wayfair saves lots of money and offers products at discount prices. However, that doesn’t mean the products on Wayfair are of poor quality. You can buy high-quality products from Wayfair.
Is Wayfair Owned By Amazon?
No, Amazon doesn’t own Wayfair. Wayfair is an independently owned furniture selling online platform. In fact, it is the parent company to a number of different brands, including Joss & Main and Periogold. Wayfair is one of Amazon’s major competitors in the furniture market.
Where Is Wayfair Shipped From?
Most of the Wayfair furniture comes directly from factory or importer warehouses. Here, Wayfair bought the products from an intermediary and ship to the customers. In many cases, the product is shipped directly to the consumer’s home from the intermediary.
Does Wayfair Charge When Shipped?
The answer to this question depends on the total amount of your order. If your order amount is below $35 then you have to pay a flat shipping fee of $4.99. On the other hand, if your total order amount is above $35 then your shipping charge is free.
Who Is The Owner Of Wayfair?
Niraj S. Shah is the owner of Wayfair. He is an Indian-American billionaire businessman, and co-founder, co-chairman, and CEO of online retailer Wayfair. Niraj S. Shah co-founded Wayfair in 2002 with his Cornell classmate, Steve Conine and since the establishment, he is the CEO of Wayfair.
Who Is Wayfair’s Competition?
Some of the top competition of Wayfair are –
6. The Home Depot
9. Bob’s Discount Furniture, etc.
Last Updated on November 13, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.