If you have 1 million subscribers on your YouTube channel then you can earn from $500 to $3500 weekly. Though; the exact earning depends on ad revenue from CPMs, product placement, sponsored videos, etc. The CPM rates play a big factor because the rate can be as low as $0.60 to as high as $7.00 and up.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 How Many YouTubers Have 1 Million Subscribers?
- 3 Top YouTube Channels With Most Subscribers
- 4 The Highest-Paid Youtubers Of 2021
- 5 How Youtubers Make Money
- 6 Minimum Requirements To Make Money On YouTube
- 7 Minimum Requirements To Be Considered For The YouTube Partner Program
- 8 FAQs About Money Making On YouTube
- Youtube is the largest online video platform in the world with more than 40 million YouTube channels
- According to the latest statistics, 27,000 YouTube channels have over 1 million subscribers
- In the last year, number of YouTube channels with over 1 million subscribers grew by 65%
- T-Series is the largest Youtube channel with more than 183 million subscribers
- You must be at least 18 years old and your Youtube channel must have 1,000+ subscribers and 4,000+ public watch hours to qualify for the YouTube Partner Program
How Many YouTubers Have 1 Million Subscribers?
YouTube channels with at least 1 million subscribers are considered as the dinosaurs of YouTube. The number of total YouTube channels in the world is huge but compared to the total YouTube channels, the number of channels with 1 million subscribers is very little. As of March 2021; 27,000 YouTube channels have over 1 million subscribers. Initially, it took ages for the Youtubers to hit the 1 million subscribers but with the rapid growth of internet users around the world not it is easier to reach the 1 million subscribers landmark in YouTube. Therefore, the number of YouTube channels with million subscribers is growing very fast.
The current CEO of YouTube Susan Wojcicki said that in 2019, the number of YouTube channels with over 1 million subscribers grew by 65%. These Youtube channels are the foundation of the business model of the video platform and YouTube’s revenues. In 2016, there were only 2,000 channels that had over one million subscribers. But since then, 4 YouTube channels are hitting 1 million subscribers every day. Moreover, over the last 3-5 years, the total number of channels with 1 million subscribers has grown by 8 percent.
Top YouTube Channels With Most Subscribers
|4||SET India||105 million|
|5||✿ Kids Diana Show||78.9 million|
|7||Like Nastya||74 million|
|8||Zee Music Company||73.2 million|
|9||5-Minute Crafts||72.4 million|
|10||Vlad and Niki||68.2 million|
|11||Canal KondZilla||64.3 million|
|12||Justin Bieber||63.3 million|
|15||Zee TV||57.8 million|
|16||HYBE LABELS||56.6 million|
|17||Dude Perfect||56.1 million|
|18||Goldmines Telefilms||53.9 million|
|21||Shemaroo Filmi Gaane||51.9 million|
|22||Sony SAB||51.4 million|
|24||ChuChu TV Nursery Rhymes & Kids Songs||48.6 million|
|25||Pinkfong! Kids’ Stories & Songs||48.5 million|
|26||Ariana Grande||48.3 million|
|28||Ed Sheeran||47.5 million|
|29||Aaj Tak||46.5 million|
|30||Wave Music||44.7 million|
|32||Sony Music India||43.9 million|
|34||LooLoo Kids – Nursery Rhymes and Children’s Songs||43 million|
|35||Taylor Swift||42.6 million|
|37||El Reino Infantil||42.5 million|
|39||Felipe Neto||42.1 million|
|41||Tips Official||41.9 million|
|42||Billie Eilish||41.1 million|
|43||Katy Perry||40.7 million|
|44||T-Series Bhakti Sagar||4.7 million|
|45||BRIGHT SIDE||40.6 million|
|46||Você Sabia?||40.5 million|
|47||Colors TV||39.9 million|
|50||Alan Walker||39.4 million|
The Highest-Paid Youtubers Of 2021
|Rank||YouTube Channel||Total Earnings||Total Views||Total Subscribers|
|1||Ryan Kaji||$29.5 million||12.2 billion||41.7 million|
|2||Mr. Beast (Jimmy Donaldson)||$24 million||3 billion||47.8 million|
|3||Dude Perfect||$23 million||2.77 billion||57.5 million|
|4||Rhett and Link||$20 million||1.9 billion||41.8 million|
|5||Markiplier (Mark Fischbach)||$19.5 million||3.1 billion||27.8 million|
|6||Preston Arsement||$19 million||3.3 billion||33.4 million|
|7||Nastya (Anastasia Radzinskaya)||$18.5 million||39 billion||190.6 million|
|8||Blippi (Stevin John)||$17 million||8.2 billion||27.4 million|
|9||David Dobrik||$15.5 million||2.7 billion||18 million|
|10||Jeffree Star||$15 million||600 million (from June 2019 to June 2020)||16.9 million|
How Youtubers Make Money
There are many ways you can earn money from YouTube. However, the main 5 ways to get paid directly from the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) are:
1. Ad Revenue: This is the most common way to earn money from Youtube. In this process, Google will show ads on your content and you will get paid. The advertising format includes display ads, overlay ads, non-skippable video ads, bumper ads, and sponsored cards.
2. Channel Memberships: Here you can charge your subscribers monthly fees. The paid members will get access to perks like emojis, badges, etc. in exchange for their monthly payment. Channel Memberships will help you earn recurring revenue.
3. Merchandise Shelf: This feature of YouTube allows you to showcase branded merchandise on your video content. If you are selling various products on a third-party e-commerce platform then this feature is suitable for you. You can use YouTube to drive more online sales.
4. Super Chat & Super Stickers: This is a special feature for your subscribers. Your subscribers can pay for Super Chat and Super Stickers when you’re broadcasting a live video. This feature will make the name and messages of the paid subscribers stand out in the chat feed during live broadcasting.
5. YouTube Premium: This feature is for people who want an ad-free experience on Youtube. YouTube offers a monthly subscription for its users that includes offline viewing, YouTube music, and an ad-free experience. Youtubers will get a share of the revenue from the YouTube Premium depending on how much content is viewed by YouTube Premium members.
You can also use YouTube for affiliate marketing, influencer marketing, etc., and make money outside of the YouTube Partner Program. For example, you can make a product unboxing video or product reviewing video and put the link of the product in the video description. You will get paid based on CTR, conversation rate, and commission from the sales.
Minimum Requirements To Make Money On YouTube
If you want to earn money through YouTube Partner Program then you have to fulfill some minimum requirements of YouTube. Let’s check them out!
Minimum Requirements To Be Considered For The YouTube Partner Program
1. 1,000+ subscribers
2. 4,000+ public watch hours in the past 12 months
3. A valid Google AdSense account
4. Your country/region must support the YouTube Partner Program
|YouTube Partner Program||Requirements|
|Ad Revenue||Be at least 18 years old, or have a legal guardian older than 18 years of age who can handle the payments via AdSense.Create content that meets the advertiser-friendly content guidelines of YouTube|
|Channel Memberships||Be at least 18 years old, Have more than 1,000 subscribers|
|Merchandise Shelf||Be at least 18 years old, Have more than 10,000 subscribers|
|Super Chat & Super Stickers||Be at least 18 years oldLive in a country/region where Super Chat is available|
|YouTube Premium Revenue||Create content watched by a viewer who is a YouTube Premium subscriber|
FAQs About Money Making On YouTube
1. How Much Do Youtubers Make Per View?
The average income per 1000 views on Youtube is around $3 to $7. The exact amount varies depending on channel type, subscribers, content quality, country/region, total views, ads click, and many more.
2. Do YouTubers Get Paid For Likes?
No, YouTubers don’t get paid for likes but likes help the video do better in the long term and help get more views. The more likes, comments, and shares a video get the higher it will rank and get more views. The more views a video gets, the more income it will generate. So likes do play an indirect contribution to the income of Youtube.
3. Who Is The Richest YouTuber?
Currently, the richest YouTuber in the world is Jeffree Star. He has a net worth of $200 million and it is 5X larger than the second richest YouTuber in the world.
4. What YouTube Check When Reviewing A Channel For Monetization?
The Youtube authority checks the content of a channel when reviewing for monetization. YouTube can’t check every video therefore Youtube checks –
1. The main theme of the channel
2. Most viewed videos
3. Newest videos
4. The biggest proportion of watch time
5. Video metadata, etc.
5. Do YouTubers Get Paid Monthly?
Yes, YouTubers get paid monthly and typically on the 21st of every month.
6. Do YouTubers Lose Money If A Viewer Skips Ads?
No, YouTubers don’t lose money if a viewer skips the ads. Usually, a YouTuber gets paid when the ad is watched for at least thirty seconds or more, however, if the ad is skipped before thirty seconds then the advertiser won’t pay any money thus the YouTuber won’t earn any money.
Last Updated on October 8, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.