State Farm auto finance comes with lots of features but Auto Repair Estimate is a very important one. This feature allows the vehicle owner has a clear idea about what will be the repair cost of the vehicle and how much the insurance will cover.
- State Farm auto repair estimates will give you a complete estimate and repair of your vehicle free of cost
- State Farm Auto Repair Estimates offers a guaranteed completion date which is very convenient
- If you want to use a repair shop that is not partnered with State Farm then first, you have to contact a Claims associate at 800-SF-Claim (800-732-5246)
- With the help of the photo estimate feature of State Farm auto repair estimates, you can estimate the repair cost of your vehicle without bringing your vehicle to State Farm’s repair estimates center
Overview of State Farm
State Farm is one of the oldest insurance companies and it is also the largest auto insurer in the USA. State Farm is in the business since 1922 and according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), in 2021 State Farm provided $41.6 billion in private passenger auto insurance premiums. State Farm covers 15.9% of the market share. In fact, State Farm provided about $4 billion more than the second-largest provider, Geico. State Farm has more than 1900 agents across the U.S. You can find State farm agents in every USA state except Massachusetts and Rhode Island. State Farm is very trustable when it comes to Auto insurance. It has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Moreover, State Farm has an A++ financial strength rating from AM Best so it means State Farm will easily handle claims obligations.
Benefits of State Farm Auto Repair Estimates
Some of the key advantages of State Farm auto repair estimates are –
- You will get a complete estimate and repair of your vehicle free of cost
- If your auto service includes the insurance coverage then State farm will pay the total bill
- State Farm Auto Repair Estimates offers a guaranteed completion date
- If you repair your vehicle from selected shops then you might get a limited lifetime warranty from the shop
- State farm will pick up your vehicle and deliver it back to you (if required)
How Does State Farm Auto Repair Estimates Work
If you have State Farm auto insurance and if you need to do a repair service to your vehicle then follow the below steps –
- First, choose a repair shop where you want to repair your vehicle
- Next contact State Farm and taka an appointment to get the estimate for your auto repair
- After that approve the estimate and authorize the repairs
- Once the repair work is done, State Farm will pay the amount that is covered by your insurance
- If there is any deductible, then you have to pay the amount directly to the repair shop and receive your vehicle
While choosing a repair shop you should try to pick an in-network Select Service shop so that you can easily complete the process of estimates and repairs. If you want to use a repair shop that is not partnered with State Farm then you have to contact a Claims associate at 800-SF-Claim (800-732-5246). Some key conditions of State Farm Auto Repair Estimates are –
- You have the right to select a repairer shop of your choice that will meet all the requirements
- You are the only authorized person to give the authorization to repair your vehicle
- The selection of a Select Service repair shop is not a waiver of any coverage issue that may exist
- This program is not available in Rhode Island or Massachusetts
Photo Estimate Feature of State Farm Auto Repair Estimates
State Farm has a mobile app and if you have installed the app then you will be able to enjoy the Photo Estimate Feature. With this feature, you can estimate the repair cost of your vehicle without bringing your vehicle to State Farm’s repair estimates center. You can use the State Farm Mobile App to easily upload images of accidents or other documents conveniently. This is a virtual option, and if you submit everything properly then you will receive an estimate and payout in just 48 hours. But you should keep in mind that Virtual estimates are not available in Rhode Island or Massachusetts.
FAQs about State Farm Auto Repair Estimates
How long does it take State Farm to prepare an estimate?
The answer to this question depends on how you have applied. If you use the State Farm Mobile App then it might take up to 48 hours to prepare an estimate. On the other hand, if you go to a State Farm estimate center then it might take at least one business day to prepare an estimate.
Is State Farm good at paying claims?
State Farm has a good reputation for paying claims. State Farm has received a score of 892 out of 1,000 in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction Study. It ranked 6th in the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Auto Claims ranking. So, you can put your trust in State Farm.
How does State Farm calculate total loss?
State farm will consider a vehicle total loss if the vehicle is damaged beyond repair. Moreover, if the repair cost of the vehicle is more than the total value of the vehicle then State Farm will consider the vehicle a total loss.
What is the cash value of my car?
The cash value or the actual cash value (ACV) of your car is the total amount that the insurance company will pay you if your vehicle gets stolen or totaled in an accident. You should understand that your vehicle’s actual cash value is totally different from the buying value of your vehicle which is known as retail value.
What bank does State Farm use to pay claims?
State Farm is partnered with U.S. Bank so it will pay claims via U.S. Bank.
How do I report a glass claim at State Farm?
You can file a glass claim online, contact your insurance agent or call LYNX Services at 888-624-4410. Before contacting State Farm you should check your policy and verify you’re covered for vehicle repairs.
- Massachusetts policyholders – call 800-526-8210
- Canadian policyholders – contact your State Farm agent
Does State Farm cover windshield replacement?
Yes, the State farm covers windshield replacement. In fact, State Farm also covers windshield repairmen’s costs. Moreover, depending on the type of damage you might have to pay a deductible.
Last Updated on November 15, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.