A paper shredder is a type of device that is specially designed to cut paper into either strips or fine particles. It is a piece of very important office equipment and we need it to safely dispose of sensitive paperwork or documents. Whether you need a paper shredder for your home or office, a quality paper shredder is necessary to keep sensitive information private. Our experts have compared and tasted more than 50 paper shredders and compiled a list of 7 paper shredders and revied them here. If you are looking for the best paper shredder for 2022 then check the below information.
Jump To A Section
- 1 List Of Best Sheet Paper Shredder For Offices In 2022
- 1.1 1. Aurora AU1210MA Professional Grade High-Security 12-Sheet Micro-Cut Paper
- 1.2 2. Aurora AU1060MA Professional Grade 10-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper
- 1.3 3. Powershred 12C15 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- 1.4 4. Amazon Basics 15-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper
- 1.5 5. Amazon Basics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper
- 1.6 6. Powershred LX50-DB 9 Sheet Cross-Cut Household Paper Shredder
- 1.7 7. Aurora AU1200XD Compact Desktop-Style 12-Sheet Crosscut Paper
- 2 How To Pick The Best Sheet Paper Shredder
- 3 Final Thoughts
List Of Best Sheet Paper Shredder For Offices In 2022
1. Aurora AU1210MA Professional Grade High-Security 12-Sheet Micro-Cut Paper
If you are looking for long durability, high-speed paper shredder then Aurora AU1210MA will be the best option for you. This is a compact yet very powerful paper shredder that can shred paper with security level P-4. Another key feature of this paper shredder is its speed. This shredder can shred up to 12 documents per pass for one hour straight. Moreover, with this shredder, you can shred CDs, DVDs, and credit cards. So, if you consider the price then this is excellent value for money. This paper shredder can shred your documents into particles measuring 5/32 by 15/32 inches. It can hold up to 300 sheets of shredded documents thanks to the 5.0-gallon pullout bin.
1. Destroys CDs, DVDs, credit cards, and small paper clips
2. Nonstop 60-minute continuous run time
3. Basket Capacity – 300
4. Anti-jam auto-reverse feature
5. Indicator lights: standby/ overheat/ bin-full/ overload/ door open status
2. Aurora AU1060MA Professional Grade 10-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper
This is a very stylish and modern-looking paper shredder with high-security features. This paper shredder is best for small to medium-size offices. Aurora AU1060MA is best known for its high-security level P-5 feature. It means that papers that are shredders are cut into small pieces that measure 5/64 by 15/32 inches. So, it’s more than 2500 particles per A4 document. If security is the main concern for you then this is the best option for you. This paper shredder can shred up to 10 sheets per pass and it has a run-time of 60 minutes. It also has anti-jam functionality so it will automatically clear any possible paper jams during shredding. The only disadvantage of this paper shredder is, it can’t shred CDs or DVDs.
1. Micro-Cut with 10 sheet capacities
2. Cut size: 5/64 by 15/32 inches
3. Security level P-5
4. Nonstop 60-minute continuous run time
5. 6-gallon pullout bin
3. Powershred 12C15 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
If you are searching for a quiet paper shredder for your office or home then you can put your trust in Powershred 12C. This shredder can shred up to 12 sheets per pass into 5/32 x 1-9/16″ cross-cut particles with a security level of P-4. With this shredder, you can shred staples, paper clips, and junk mail. Another key aspect of this paper shredder is the removal ‘pull-out’ basket. So, you can easily empty the shredder conveniently. This paper shredder has a long run-time and it can continue shredding for at least 20 minutes. The only disadvantage of this paper shredder is, you can’t shred CDs or DVDs.
1. 5/32 x 1-9/16” cross-cut particles
2. Security Level P-4
3. Can shred staples, paper clips, and unopened junk mail
4. Patented Safety Lock for added safety protection
4. Amazon Basics 15-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper
This is a high-capacity paper shredder for both home and office use. This is a perfect solution for intensive shredding work and it can shred up to 15 sheets into confetti-like pieces measuring 3/16 by 1-7/32 inches. This shredder has a runtime of 20 minutes in one go and it is very rare in this price range. The best part of this shredder is the extra protection for overheating and overloading. So, there won’t be any paper jams with this device. Another key function of this paper shredder is the reverse function. This function makes it possible to retrieve un-shredded or partially shredded documents, so you don’t have to worry about any leftovers.
1. 15 sheet crosscut paper/CD/credit card shredder
2. Shred size of 3/16″ x 1-7/32″
3. Overheat / Overload protection
4. LED indicators
5. 6-gallon pullout basket
6. 4-mode switch: Auto/Off/Forward/Reverse
5. Amazon Basics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper
If you are looking for an affordable sheet paper shredder then Amazon Basics 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper will be a great option for you. This paper shredder has a security level of P-3 standards that cross-cut the papers. The run time of this shredder is seven minutes before you have to cool down at least 30 minutes. Moreover, if you exceed the maximum run time then there is nothing to worry about because this shredder has thermal protection that automatically shuts down the machine to protect the motor from overheating. The only downside of this shredder is you can’t shred CDs, DVDs, or metallic credit cards.
1. Cut size: 3/16 by 1-9/16 inches
2. Shreds up to 12 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time
3. 7 minutes on / 30 minutes off
4. 4-mode power switch
5. Bin capacity: 4.8 Gallons
6. Powershred LX50-DB 9 Sheet Cross-Cut Household Paper Shredder
This is a compact paper shredder with a sleek and stylish design. Powershred LX50-DB 9 is suitable for both home and office use. It is best known for its minimalistic and modern-looking design. A pat from the great look the quality and performance of this shredder are also excellent for this price range. Powershred LX50-DB 9 has a pleasantly quiet operation and the powerful motor ensures shredding up to 9 sheets per pass into 5/32″ x 1-7/16″ cross-cut particles. So, there would be 400+ particles per sheet. With this shredder, you can also shred paper clips or staples which is very convenient. One key downside of this paper shredder is the run time. The run time of this shredder is 5 minutes before you have to cool down the shredder for at least 30 minutes. So, it’s not the perfect choice for continuous or intensive shredding.
1. Patented Safety Lock
2. Shreds 9 sheets per pass into 5/32″ x 1-7/16″ cross-cut particles
3. Security Level P-4
4. Can shreds staples, paper clips, and plastic credit cards
5. 4.4-gallon bin with easy lift-off head
7. Aurora AU1200XD Compact Desktop-Style 12-Sheet Crosscut Paper
This is one of the best compact sheet paper shredders currently available in the market. If you are looking for a small paper shredder but don’t want to compromise the features and performance then you won’t find a better option than the Aurora AU1200XD. The paper shredder can shred up to 12 sheets into small paper shreds following DIN 66399 security level P-4. Moreover, with this shredder, you can shred CDs or credit cards without a problem. With so many advantages, the only disadvantage of this shredder is the low run-time of only 5 minutes. So, if you need to shred a high volume of papers then this shredder is not the right option for you.
1. Ultra-quiet operation
2. Crosscut shredder with 12 sheet capacities
3. Destroys CDs, DVDs, credit cards, junk mail, etc.
4. Cut size: 5/32 by 1-7/32 inches
5. Security level P-4
6. Anti-jam auto-reverse to clear paper jams
7. “Shred Safe” advanced safety feature
8. 1.8-Gallon translucent pullout bin
How To Pick The Best Sheet Paper Shredder
While buying a paper shredder we find ourselves in a dilemma to pick the shredder that best suits our requirements. There are lots of high-quality shredders available in the market. Moreover, the 7 shredders that I have reviewed above are also packed with features. But you don’t need 7 shredders, you only need one, right? Here are some questions that will help you find the right shredder for your requirements –
1. What do you want to shred?
2. How long do you want to shred?
3. How many sheets do you want to shred?
4. What size waste bin do you prefer?
5. What security level do you prefer?
Which shredder you should buy depends on what type of materials do you want to destroy in your shredder? There are many shredders available that can shred papers, CDs, DVDs, as well as plastic credit cards. On the other hand, some shredders can only shred papers. Moreover, different shredders have different run times and cooldown times. Some shredders have a run-time of 20 minutes while others have only 5 minutes. So, if you have extensive shredding then you have to pick a shredder that has a high run time and low cooldown time. The shred capacity also plays a very important role. Some shredders can shred 10 sheets per minute while others can shred a maximum of 15 sheets per minute. Other important factors that you should check for a paper shredder are the bin size, security level, price, durability, etc.
Buying a shredder is a type of security investment. Though there are many ways you can dispose of documents but it’s wiser to shred all your sensitive documents before disposing of them. The paper shredders that I have mentioned above are the best value for the money. So, you can put your trust in your recommendations and buy a paper shredder that best suits your requirements.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.