Walmart offers both domestic and international money transfer services which are powered by Ria and MoneyGram respectively. There are many money transfer options available at Walmart depending on your needs and you can send money anywhere in the USA and over 200 countries worldwide.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Company Overview: Walmart
- 3 List Of Financial Services Offered By Walmart
- 4 What Is Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer?
- 5 How To Transfer Money Domestically Through Walmart2Walmart
- 6 How To Transfer Money Internationally Through Walmart2Walmart
- 7 Fees Of Walmar2Walmart Domestic Money Transfer
- 8 Fees Of Walmar2Walmart International Money Transfer
- 9 How To Track Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers?
- 10 What Information Is Required For Money Transfer Services
- 11 How To Send Money Through Walmart’s Mobile App
- 12 FAQs About Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer
- 12.1 1. What Are The Opening Hours Of Walmart Money Transfers?
- 12.2 2. Why Walmart Order Tracking Is Not Working?
- 12.3 3. What Is The Limit Of Walmart Money Transfers Online?
- 12.4 4. How Much Does It Cost To Send $1500 Walmart2Walmart?
- 12.5 5. How Long Does It Take For Someone To Receive Money Through RIA?
- Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer service is offered by Walmart through a partnership program with Ria
- With Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer you can transfer money between more than 4,000 Walmart stores in the USA
- There are two ways you can transfer money using the Walmart2Walmart feature: through the partnership with MoneyGram and Ria, and from in-store at the MoneyCenter
- You can also transfer money internationally via Moneygram
- The Walmar2Walmart domestic money transfer fees range from $4 – $16
- The Walmar2Walmart international money transfer fees also range from $4 – $16
Company Overview: Walmart
Walmart is a renowned American multinational retail corporation that was founded on July 2, 1962. Walmart has a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores, and grocery stores across the USA. Moreover, it has a worldwide network of retail stores and it is best known for its “everyday low prices” selling strategy. Walmart is conducting business in 24 countries both online and offline. Walmart has 10,500 stores and clubs under 46 banners and they have more than 2.3 million associates around the world.
|Company Name||Walmart Inc.|
|Address||702 S.W. 8th St. Bentonville, Arkansas, AK 72716|
|Market Value ($B)||$343.65|
List Of Financial Services Offered By Walmart
The Walmart money center offers various financial services. They are:
1. Walmart Credit Card
2. Reloadable Debit Card
3. Walmart Gift Card
5. Tax Prep Services
6. Walmart Pay
7. Walmart Money Order
8. Bill Pay
9. Walmart Money Transfers
What Is Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer?
The Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer Service is a partnership program with Ria that allows Walmart customers to transfer money between more than 4,000 Walmart stores in the USA. With Walmart2Walmart you can only send money domestically within the USA, including Puerto Rico. There are two ways you can transfer money via Walmart. They are:
1. Transfer money securely from your device through the partnership with MoneyGram and Ria
2. You can also transfer money from in-store at the MoneyCenter or customer service desk of any local Walmart store
When you are transferring money, you should pick up a location that is most convenient for the recipient. It’s very convenient to transfer money via Walmart, just pay the money and the fees, and then wait for the transaction to complete. The recipient will receive the money within 10 minutes. Walmart also allows its customers to transfer funds in various ways. They are:
1. Cash pick up in minutes
2. Direct to a bank account
3. Direct to a mobile wallet
4. ATM payout
5. Home delivery (in select countries)
How To Transfer Money Domestically Through Walmart2Walmart
1. First, visit the nearest Walmart store and got to a store associate
2. The store associate will help you find a Walmart store location that is most convenient for the recipient
3. Then, complete the paperwork and pay the transfer amount and fees
4. You can pay the money using your debit card, credit card, or in US dollars
5. The recipient will receive the money once the transaction is completed
How To Transfer Money Internationally Through Walmart2Walmart
The international money transfer by Walmart is powered by MoneyGram. This financial service allows you to transfer money to more than 200 countries with the MoneyGram agent location. You can transfer the money via the Walmart app, Walmart & MoneyGram online website, or Walmart stores. You can send money through a credit card, debit card, or by paying with US dollars. Now follow the below steps:
1. First, open a browser on your computer and visit the Walmart website
2. Now register a new account or log in to your account
3. Then, enter the details of the sender
4. Enter the details of the recipient
5. Enter the amount of money that you want to send/transfer
6. Select your payment method:
a) Debit card
b) Credit card
c) Direct transfer from a bank account
6. Then select a receiving method
7. Finally, wait for the transaction to complete
Fees Of Walmar2Walmart Domestic Money Transfer
1. Sending $0 – $50: $4
2. Sending $51 – $1,000: $8
3. Sending $1001 – $2,500: $16
Fees Of Walmar2Walmart International Money Transfer
1. Sending $0 – $50: $4
2. Sending $51 – $1,000: $8
3. Sending $1001 – $2,500: $16
How To Track Walmart2Walmart Money Transfers?
There is a difference between Walmart2Walmart domestic and international money transfer tracking. If you have transferred money domestically then you can track the transaction using the reference number of the transaction. If you face any issue with the domestic money transfer then you can call RIA’s customer helpline at 1-855-355-2144. On the other hand, for international money transfers, you have to track the transaction through the MoneyGram network. You can use the Track a Transfer tool to keep track of your transfers. You have to enter the last name and the Reference number to track the transaction. If there is any issue then you can call MoneyGram at 1-800-926-9400.
What Information Is Required For Money Transfer Services
You have to provide a few information along with photo identification when sending or receiving money via Walmart2Walmart. Walmart only accepts valid government-issued photo identification which is not damaged or expired.
1. US Drivers’ License, including Puerto Rico
2. State ID, including Puerto Rico
3. US Passport
4. International Passport
5. Military ID
6. US Permanent Resident Card
7. Tribal ID
8. Mexican Matricula Consular
How To Send Money Through Walmart’s Mobile App
Walmart has a mobile application that allows you to send money more conveniently. This app is available in both Android and Apple stores and it supports a money transfer feature. Here is the complete process:
1. First, download the Walmart app on your device
2. Once the installation is completed, open the app
3. Now register a new account or log in to your account
4. Then go to the Send Money Services
5. From the available options choose “Send”
6. Now complete all the required details with the correct information
7. Then head over to your local Walmart store to complete the transaction
8. Once you reach the Walmart store, scan the QR code on your App at the register
9. Wait a few moments to complete the transaction
FAQs About Walmart2Walmart Money Transfer
1. What Are The Opening Hours Of Walmart Money Transfers?
Walmart money transfers are usually available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday. On Sunday the money transfer is available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. However, the hours might vary from store to store.
2. Why Walmart Order Tracking Is Not Working?
There are many reasons; Walmart order tracking might not work. Some common reasons are:
1. The order might be in processing orders
2. Sometimes, tracking information can take up to 48 hours to update after an order is placed
3. Many orders don’t have tracking information because some shipping carriers do not provide it
3. What Is The Limit Of Walmart Money Transfers Online?
Previously, the online money transfer limit was $900 but now the limit is increased by Walmart and customers can send up to $2,500 for a fee of $18 when using the exclusive transfer service.
4. How Much Does It Cost To Send $1500 Walmart2Walmart?
If you want to transfer $1500 via Walmart2Walmart then you have to pay a fee of $16.
5. How Long Does It Take For Someone To Receive Money Through RIA?
RIA has various transfer speeds when it comes to money transfers. If you are transferring the money via debit or credit card then it might take 15 minutes to transfer the money. On the other hand, if you are transferring money from a bank account then it might take 3-5 days.
Last Updated on October 2, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.