The FBLA Business Achievement Awards has four levels. They are Level One (Contributor Award), Level Two (Leader Award), Level Three (Advocate Award), and Level Four (Capstone Award).
- The main objective of the FBLA Business Achievement Awards is to enhance the leadership skills of the students as well as expand their business knowledge
- The grand prize of the BAA Capstone Award is $5,000
- In order to qualify for the Business Achievement Award, you must be a member of FBLA
- In Level Four (Capstone Award) students have to participate in an 80 hours course
What is FBLA?
According to Wikipedia –
“The Future Business Leaders of America, or FBLA, is an American career and technical student organization headquartered in Reston, Virginia. Established in 1940, FBLA is a non-profit organization of high school (“FBLA”), Middle Level (“FBLA Middle Level”), and college (“FBLA Collegiate”) students, as well as professional members (“FBLA Network”), who primarily help students transition to the business world.”
You will be surprised to know that currently, FBLA is USA’s largest student organization. In fact, it is the largest career-oriented organization in the world with more than 253,000 members. The U.S. Department of Education listed FBLA among the top 10 educational organizations in the USA. This organization is consist of 4 divisions. They are FBLA Middle School, FBLA High School, FBLA Collegiate, and FBLA Network.
What is FBLA Business Achievement Award?
The FBLA business achievement award is a type of individual achievement award program offered by FBLA. This award is basically for active, paid high school student members in FBLA. Students who participate in this award program will have the chance to enhance their leadership skills, as well as extend their business knowledge. FBLA Business Achievement Award Completion Deadlines –
- Recognition at NLC: June 1, 2022
- Recognition at SLC: Check with your state leader
- BAA Capstone Competitive Review: May 3, 2022 (Midnight EST)
FBLA Business Achievement Award Requirements
- This award is available for PBL Members who plan to attend NLC
- You must be dues-paid members of PBL as of April 15
- You have to submit PBL NLC Scholarship application
- Complete application form
- You must have a grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- A resume that includes FBLA-PBL, leadership positions held, and awards received
- A one-page signed letter of recommendation from the applicant’s local chapter adviser
- One-page essay and the topic of the essay is “How has FBLA-PBL Enhanced Your Leadership Skills?”
FBLA Business Achievement Awards Levels
- Level One (Contributor Award): This is the first level of the award where you will learn how to best take advantage of the opportunities available to members. Moreover, you will also know about the foundations of FBLA.
- Level Two (Leader Award): In this level, you will learn the fundamentals of leadership. Moreover, you will also be able to explore your leadership skills.
- Level Three (Advocate Award): In this level, you will have the opportunity to select a business skill that you feel comfortable with and want to further develop it. After successfully completing one business skill you can move to the next level or choose to develop another skill.
- Level Four (Capstone Award): This is the last level of the FBLA Business Achievement Award. At this level, you have to design and complete a project that will solve a real-world problem. Here you have to participate in an 80 hours course where you will be using design thinking methodology to design and implement a project.
FAQs about What are the FBLA Business Achievement Awards Levels
How do the FBLA Business Achievement Awards prepare the students?
Usually, the FBLA Business Achievement Awards focus on the 6 specific areas of a student to make them prepared for the future. They are –
- Leadership development
- Academic competitions
- Educational programs
- Membership benefits
- Community service
- Awards & Recognition
How many awards are offered by FBLA?
FBLA has three types of awards. They are –
- Business Achievement Awards
- Level One (Contributor Award)
- Level Two (Leader Award)
- Level Three (Advocate Award)
- Level Four (Capstone Award)
- Community Service Awards
- CSA Community (50 hours)
- CSA Service (200 hours)
- CSA Achievement (500 hours)
- National Awards Program
What are the objectives of Level One of the FBLA Business Achievement Award?
The key objectives of Level One (Contributor Award) are –
- Identify the mission and goals of FBLA
- Identify the benefits of participating in FBLA
- Understand the history and traditions of the organizations
- Understand the structure of the organization
- Identify FBLA values and understand how best to model those values
What are the objectives of the Advocate Award?
Some key objectives of the Advocate Award are –
- Gain customer empathy by doing a Follow-Me-Home
- Turn your customer’s pain points into a precise statement
- Brainstorm a range of bold ideas to solve your customer’s pain point
- Narrow in on and choose a solution idea to test
- Identify the assumptions as part of your project
- Run a rapid experiment with customers, including creating a hypothesis
Last Updated on October 8, 2022 by Ana S. Sutterfield