The Kroger Company, mostly known as Kroger is a very popular American retail company that was established in 1883 by Bernard Kroger. It is one of the oldest supermarket chains in the USA that offers one-stop access to everyday essentials including groceries, accessories, home décor items, payment methods as well as gift cards.
The Kroger gift cards can be the best gift solution for any occasion because it allows the gift card recipient to use the card and buy anything they want from Kroger supermarkets and multi-departmental stores in the USA. There are more than 2,800 Kroger stores across the USA where you can use gift cards to make payments.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Where to Buy Kroger Gift Card?
- 2 List of Places Where you can Use the Kroger Gift Card
- 3 How to Use the Kroger Gift Card
- 4 Do I have to Activate the Kroger Gift Card before Using It?
Where to Buy Kroger Gift Card?
The simplest way of buying a Kroger gift card is from the Kroger official website. Moreover, you can also buy Kroger gift cards directly from The Kroger Family of Companies which includes supermarkets, multi-department shops, etc. You can either buy gift cards physically from stores or eGift cards online from the website. The Kroger gift cards are available from $10 to $250. You should keep in mind that you can only buy Kroger gift cards from the stores. On the other hand, you can buy Kroger gift cards or eGift cards online with customized cards. Below are the detailed process of buying an eGift card online from the Kroger website –
- First, open a browser on your computer
- Next visit the Kroger official website
- Then pick a Kroger gift card and the amount that you want to buy
- Next, select whether the card is for you or for others (friends, family members)
- If the card is for someone else then you have to provide the name of the recipient
- Then you have to click on the “Add to the cart” button
- On the next page, you have to provide the shipping information
- If there is any promo code then you have to provide the promo code before the checkout
- Finally, click on the “Place Order” button to complete the process
List of Places Where you can Use the Kroger Gift Card
If you have a Kroger gift card then you can use it at any Kroger stores, supermarkets, or at any participating Kroger family of stores. When you use a gift card, Kroger considers it as cash. Below is a list of places where you can use the Kroger gift card –
Food 4 Less
Fred Meyer Jewelers
Fry’s Food and Drug
Turkey Hill Experience
2. Jay C
3. King Soopers
4. Littman Jewelers
6. Metro Market
8. Pay Fewer Supermarkets
9. Pick ‘n Save
Smith’s Food and Drug
How to Use the Kroger Gift Card
You can use the Kroger gift card only offline for in-store purchases at all the supported stores. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to use the Kroger gift card online to make a payment for a Kroger purchase. In order to use the Kroger gift card, you have to submit the card to the cashier when buying a product. At, Kroger, they consider the gift card like cash and print the remaining gift card balance in the money receipt. For example, if you buy a $30 product and give a $100 Kroger gift card to the cashier then the cashier will bill $30 from the gift card and the rest of the balance will remain on your gift card for further use.
Do I have to Activate the Kroger Gift Card before Using It?
Yes, you have to activate the Kroger gift card before using it. Without activating the gift card you won’t be able to use it to make payments. There are quite a few ways you can activate the Kroger gift card. Some easy methods of activating Kroger gift cards are online using the card UPC, the barcode number, or by using an Email. You can also activate the Kroger gift card by calling customer support at 1-844-600-7765. If you are wondering how to activate a Kroger gift card online then follow the below steps –
- First, you have to open a browser on your computer
- Next, visit the Kroger Card Activation Page
- On, the back of the card, you will see a 12-digit UPC number
- Now, enter the UPS number in the required field
- After that, you have to enter the gift card’s barcode number
- Then you have to provide the email address and billing information
- Finally, click on the “Confirm” button to complete the process
FAQs about Where Can I Use My Kroger Gift Card
What is the process of checking the balance of the Kroger gift card?
If you have a Kroger gift card then you don’t have to check the balance every now and then. This is because, when you use your Kroger gift card to purchase something then the available balance of the gift card is printed on the receipt. So, you can easily find the balance of your Kroger gift card.
Does the Kroger gift card expire?
No, the Kroger gift card doesn’t expire. Kroger considers gift cards as cash and therefore they never expire. You should keep in mind that Kroger gift cards are non-reloadable and non-refundable. Moreover, if your gift card is damaged then you won’t be able to replace it.
Can I use my Kroger gift card at Walmart?
No, you won’t be able to use your Kroger gift card at Walmart. This is because Kroger gift cards can only be used for in-store purchases at various Kroger stores.
Can you return Kroger gift cards?
No, you can’t return a Kroger gift card. If you purchase a Kroger gift card then you have to use the gift card. Otherwise, you won’t be able to return the card.
Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Ana S. Sutterfield