People use bank accounts to save their money and use the money whenever they want. So, withdrawing money from a bank account is a very common banking transaction nowadays. We are living in a fast-forward world where we have to travel a lot for various reasons. So, you might end up in a location/place where your bank branch is not available but you need to withdraw money. In this type of situation can you withdraw money from a bank where you don’t have an account?
Yes, you can withdraw money from a bank that isn’t yours but there is only one way and that is to use the ATM/debit card and withdraw the money from the ATM. If you want to use other methods like a check to withdraw money then you must have a bank account at that particular bank. But with your ATM or debit card, you can easily access your account from any Bank’s ATM machine. You can also withdraw money but you would be charged a fee for the transaction.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Cash From Another Bank’s ATM
- 2 How To Withdraw Money From A Bank That Isn’t Yours
- 3 FAQs About Can I Withdraw Money From A Bank That Isn’t Mine
- 3.1 Can Anyone Take Money Out Of My Account Without My Permission?
- 3.2 Who Can Withdraw Money From My Bank Account?
- 3.3 Can Someone Take Money Out Of Your Account With The Account Number?
- 3.4 Can I Withdraw Money From My Bank Account Without An ID?
- 3.5 Can You Withdraw Money From Someone Else’s Bank Account?
- 3.6 Can I Use My Bank Account Without My Card?
- 3.7 What Are The Fees Of A Bank Account?
- 3.8 Can A Bank Refuse To Give You Your Money?
- 3.9 Is It illegal To Withdraw Money From Someone Else’s Account?
- 3.10 How Much Can I Withdraw From A Different Bank ATM?
- 3.11 Can I Authorize Someone To Withdraw Money From My Bank Account?
- 3.12 How Can I Withdraw Money Without An ATM Card From A Bank That Isn’t Mine?
Cash From Another Bank’s ATM
You can use your debit card or ATM card at an ATM owned by another bank to withdraw money. You can also use ATMs owned by third-party providers at places like convenience stores, restaurants, bus stoppages, etc. If you withdraw money from ATMs that aren’t from your bank then the bank or the owner of the ATM machine could charge you a fee for the transaction. The fee will be deducted from your bank balance. If you are using an ATM that is outside of the USA then you might be charged a larger fee as well as a currency conversion surcharge for withdrawing money from your USA bank account. There are many ATMs that are part of a network that allows customers to use other ATMs in the network without a fee. Therefore, you should check with your bank to find out which ATMs allow you to withdraw money for free.
How To Withdraw Money From A Bank That Isn’t Yours
You might have already realized that Debit and ATM cards are the best and simplest way to withdraw money from a ban that isn’t yours. Usually, a debit card is linked to a checking account. You can use your debit card to take out money and make purchases directly from your account. On the other hand, an ATM card is connected to savings accounts. You can use the ATM card only to withdraw money at ATMs but you won’t be able to make any payments using it.
Steps To Withdraw Money Using ATM Card From A Bank That Isn’t Yours
The best part of an ATM card is, it gives you instant, 24-hour access to your money. Moreover, it is very easy to withdraw money using an ATM card. Here are details –
1. First, go to the nearest ATM
2. Now, insert your ATM card in the slot of the ATM that is marked
3. If the “Select Language” option appears then pick your preferred language from the available options
4. Then input the 4-digit pin using the keypad of the ATM machine
5. Next, you have to select the account type
6. Now, you will see various types of the transaction; select your preferred transaction
7. In the next step, you have to enter the amount that you want to withdraw
8. After that press enter and wait for few seconds to complete the transaction
9. Then, collect the cash from the lower slot of the machine
10. After collecting the cash take a printed receipt of the transaction
Steps To Withdraw Money Using Debit Card From A Bank That Isn’t Yours
The advantage of having a debit card is, you can make payment directly from your bank account using your debit card as well as withdraw money from any ATM. Withdrawing money with a debit card is similar to withdraw money using an ATM card. Follow the below steps –
1. First, insert your debit card into the ATM to begin the process
2. Next, you have to type the 4-digit PIN
3. Then choose the type of account from the available options
4. Now, select the transaction type like make a deposit, withdrawal, balance check, etc.
5. Enter the transaction amount and then press Enter
6. Wait for few seconds to complete the transaction
7. Now, collect the cash from the lower slot of the machine
8. After collecting the cash take a printed receipt of the transaction
9. Finally, take your debit card from the ATM
FAQs About Can I Withdraw Money From A Bank That Isn’t Mine
Can Anyone Take Money Out Of My Account Without My Permission?
No, it is not possible for anyone to take or withdraw money from your bank account without your permission. If you authorized a transaction then a person will be able to take money from your bank account. If you notice a payment from your account that you didn’t authorize then immediately contact the bank and tell them that money is taken from your account without your permission. The bank authority will take the necessary steps.
Who Can Withdraw Money From My Bank Account?
Only you will be able to withdraw money from your bank account. Apart from that if you authorize a transaction for a person then he/she will be able to withdraw money from your bank account.
Can Someone Take Money Out Of Your Account With The Account Number?
No, someone can’t take money out of your account with only the account number. However, if the person gets access to more of your bank information like your bank’s routing number, your address, or your driver’s license number, then someone might be able to manipulate or compromise your account in several ways and make money.
Can I Withdraw Money From My Bank Account Without An ID?
If you have an ATM card or debit card then you can use the card to easily withdraw money from the ATM without any ID. Moreover, you can also withdraw money from your bank branch using your check but if the amount is large then you have to show the ID card for verification.
Can You Withdraw Money From Someone Else’s Bank Account?
Yes, you can withdraw money from someone else’s bank account if the bank owner gives you the authority to withdraw money. You can also legally withdraw money if the bank account holder writes a check in your name.
Can I Use My Bank Account Without My Card?
Yes, you can use your bank account without your ATM or debit card. But in that case, you have to visit your bank branch physically and withdraw money using your check.
What Are The Fees Of A Bank Account?
There are some common fees available for a bank account. They are –
1. Checking account fees
2. Minimum balance fees
3. Bank overdraft fees
4. Returned deposit fee
5. Paper statement fee
6. ATM fees
7. Foreign transaction fees
Can A Bank Refuse To Give You Your Money?
No, a bank doesn’t have any right to refuse you to give you your money. If the amount is large, then the bank can ask you to show a valid ID card to verify the identification. Sometimes banks put restrictions on bank accounts due to various legal regulations.
Is It illegal To Withdraw Money From Someone Else’s Account?
If the account holder authorizes you to withdraw money then it won’t be illegal. However, if you withdraw money without the permission of the account holder then it will be considered an illegal activity.
How Much Can I Withdraw From A Different Bank ATM?
The answer to this question depends on which bank ATM you are using to withdraw money. Below are the daily ATM withdrawal limits of some popular banks of the USA.
|Bank Name||ATM Withdrawal Limit|
|Bank of America||$1,000|
|Charles Schwab Bank||$1,000|
|Fifth Third Bank||$800|
|Morgan Stanley Bank||$5000|
|PNC Bank||Dependent on customer relationship|
|U.S. Bank||Dependent on customer relationship|
|Wells Fargo Bank||Dependent on customer relationship|
Yes, you can authorize someone to withdraw money from your bank account. Usually, there are options available to give the authority to use your bank account. You can give the person financial power of attorney and specify which transactions they’re allowed to make. Moreover, you can also change your bank account to give someone else access.
How Can I Withdraw Money Without An ATM Card From A Bank That Isn’t Mine?
If you don’t have an ATM card then you won’t be able to withdraw money from a bank that isn’t yours. If someone having an account with that particular bank writes a check to you or authorizes you then you can only withdraw money from that specific account of that bank.
Last Updated on September 29, 2021 by Musa D