USPS provides different types of mail and shipping services to its customers. Depending on the shipping service you choose; it might take 1 to 3 business days to ship domestic products. For international shipments, it might take 1 to 10 business days to ship the products. USPS provides many services and mail deliveries 365 days a year depending on what service you have chosen. So it means USPS can deliver your packages on Saturday and Sunday.
Jump To A Section
- 1 Key Takeaways
- 2 Domestic Mail & Shipping Services Of USPS
- 3 USPS Retail Ground
- 4 International Mail & Shipping Services Of USPS
- USPS is an independent agency of the United States federal government and it provides postal service in the United States and associated states
- It is one of the largest postal services in the United States with 469,934 career employees and 136,174 non-career employees
- Priority Mail Express is USPS’s fastest domestic shipping service where the delivery will be made within a 2-day guarantee
- The Priority Mail service of USPS will cost you $7.70 per parcel and deliveries arrive in 1-3 business days
Domestic Mail & Shipping Services Of USPS
USPS provides the fastest domestic shipping service at an affordable shipping price depending on what items you’re sending in what time frame. USPS domestic mail services are:
1. Priority Mail Express: Overnight to 2-Day Guarantee
2. Priority Mail: Shipping in 1–3 Business Days
3. First-Class Mail: Mail in 1–3 Business Days
4. Media Mail: Shipping in 2–8 Business Days
5. USPS Retail Ground: Shipping in 2–8 Business Days
Priority Mail Express
It is USPS’s fastest domestic shipping service. Under this service, USPS delivers 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Moreover, overnight delivery is available to most U.S. addresses and PO Boxes with a money-back guarantee. Prices start at $26.35 for Priority Mail Express service.
It is USPS’s best-selling domestic service and under this service, deliveries arrive in 1-3 business days depending on the destination and from where you are sending the parcel. In this service tracking and insurance are included; moreover, shipping boxes and envelopes are free. If you choose Priority Mail Flat Rate then you don’t have to weigh shipments 70 lbs. and under. In this package, the price starts at $7.70.
This is an affordable mail service for standard-sized and small packages weighing up to 13 oz. Under this service, it will take 3 business days or less to ship the parcel. Here, the price starts from $0.55.
This is a cost-effective mail service to send media and educational materials. In this package, the price starts at $2.89. However, this service has some restrictions on the types of media that you can send. Using this service you can send:
1. Books (at least 8 pages)
2. 16-millimeter or narrower width films
3. Printed music and test materials
4. Video and sound recordings
5. Play scripts and manuscripts
6. Printed educational reference charts
7. Medical loose-leaf pages and binders
8. Computer-readable media
USPS Retail Ground
This is an economical way to send domestic parcels and oversized parcels that are less-than-urgent. This service includes USPS Tracking which is very convenient. This service is only available at USPS Post Offices. Retail Ground ships package up to 70 lbs. and up to 130 inches in combined length and girth. Prices start at $7.70 at a Post Office.
International Mail & Shipping Services Of USPS
USPS also provides international delivery services in various countries around the world. These services include tracking and insurance so you don’t have to worry about your parcel. USPS global mail and shipping services are:
1. Global Express Guaranteed: 1–3 Business Days
2. Priority Mail Express International: 3–5 Business Days
3. Priority Mail International: 6–10 Business Days
4. First-Class Mail International: Affordable International Mailing
5. First-Class Package International Service: Affordable Lightweight Shipping
6. Airmail M-Bags: Send Large Amounts of Printed Material
Global Express Guaranteed
This is the fastest shipping service from USPS for international shipments and under this service, the shipments will be delivered in 1 to 3 business days. It provides competitive shipping prices with a money-back guarantee to over 190 countries. In this package, the price starts at $67.80.
Priority Mail Express International
It provides fast, reliable, and affordable international delivery to more than 190 countries around the world. Under this service, Flat Rate Envelopes for items up to 4 lbs. are free. Prices start at $45.95 for Priority Mail Express International service.
Priority Mail International
This package provides a more affordable international delivery service and it might take 6 – 10 business days to ship the parcel. This service includes USPS tracking and up to $100 in insurance with some exceptions. For Priority Mail International Flat Rate, boxes and envelopes are free. Prices start at $28.50 for this service.
First-Class Mail International
This is the most affordable option from USPS to send postcards, letters, and flats to other countries. Under this service, you can send items up to 15.994 oz. which is less than $400 in value to more than 190 countries. The Global Forever stamps for this service are $1.20.
First-Class Package International Service
This is an economical service from USPS to send lightweight packages to more than 190 countries. You can send packages up to 4 lbs. but the items must not be more than $400 in value. This service includes Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation® International when you send parcels online to selected destinations. In this service, the price starts at $14.25.
This is USPS’s most affordable service to send large amounts of printed material internationally, including newspapers, magazines, journals, books, sheet music, catalogs, directories, commercial advertising, and promotional matter. The delivery time depends on the destination and prices start at $51.70.
Last Updated on October 23, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.