Walgreens is an American company and it is the second-largest pharmacy store chain in the United States after CVS Health. Walgreen is specialized in filling prescriptions, health and wellness products, health information, photo services, etc. Currently, they have more than 10,000 thousand stores in the United States. Comparing other pharmacies in the USA, prescription costs are higher at Walgreens. Therefore, it is important to have health insurance coverage if you want to buy prescribed medicine from Walgreens. So, what insurance does Walgreens accept?
Currently, Walgreens accepts most insurance plans and networks. Usually, Walgreen’s doesn’t provide general health care but they accept every kind of insurance from government agencies and private companies. They also accept several Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs).
Jump To A Section
- 1 List Of Insurances That Are Accepted By Walgreens
- 2 Out-of-Network Insurance List
- 3 How To Create A Walgreens Pharmacy Account
- 4 FAQs About What Insurance Does Walgreens Accept
List Of Insurances That Are Accepted By Walgreens
Below is the list of accepted insurance plans by Walgreens –
1. Advantra (Conventry’s Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO)
2. Aetna, Inc. (HMO, PPO, POS, and Workers’ Compensation)
3. Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Blue Access, Blue Access Choice, Blue Preferred Regular/Traditional, out of state Blue Card Plans, Medicare Advantage HMO and PPO, Pathway)
4. CCO, Inc. (PPO)
5. ChoiceCare Network (Subsidiary of Humana) (PPO)
6. CIGNA Health Plan of St. Louis (HMO, PPO, OAP, and Flex)
7. CompResults (PPO) (Work Comp only)
8. CorVel Corporation (PPO) (Work Comp only)
9. Coventry CareLink HPN (Market Place product)
10. Coventry Health Plan of Missouri (HMO, POS, PPO, ASO)
11. Coventry National (PPO)
12. Coventry Total Care (Medicare Advantage narrow network)
13. Evolutions Healthcare System (PPO)
14. ExclusiveChoice (SSM Health St. Louis Employee Benefits Program)
15. First Health (PPO)
16. Galaxy Health Network (PPO)
17. Gold Advantage (Coventry Medicare Advantage HMO)
18. Great-West (PPO, HMO, and OAP)
19. Harmony Health Plan of IL (Medicaid HMO)
20. HealthLink, Inc. (HMO, PPO, Open Access, Workers’ Comp)
21. Health Management Network (PPO)
23. Home State Health Plan (Medicaid HMO)
24. Humana Choice Care (PPO)
25. Humana Choice PPO (Medicare Advantage PPO)
26. Meridian of Illinois (Medicaid HMO)
27. Molina of Illinois (Medicaid HMO)
28. MultiPlan (PPO)
29. National Preferred Provider Network (PPO)
30. Phelps County Memorial Hospital (Phelps County Employee Benefit Plan)
31. Private Health Care System (aka PHCS) (PPO)
32. Three Rivers Provider Network (PPO)
33. TriCare/CHAMPUS (HealthNet Federal Services) (Military Program)
34. United HealthCare of the Midwest Commercial (HMO, POS, Options PPO)
35. United HealthCare Medicare Advantage (AARP Medicare Complete, Care Improvement Plus, Medicare Solutions)
36. USA Managed Care Organization (PPO)
37. WellCare (Medicare Advantage HMO)
Out-of-Network Insurance List
The below list is not all-inclusive. Therefore, you should contact your insurance provider if you want to know the coverage details.
1. Cigna Connect Network
2. Coventry Focused Care HPN
3. Essence (Medicare Advantage)
4. Harmony of Illinois (Walgreens is out of network for Missouri locations only)
5. Humana Gold Choice PFFS (Medicare Advantage)
6. Humana Gold Plus HMO (Medicare Advantage)
7. Meridian of Illinois (Walgreens is out of network for Missouri locations only)
8. Missouri Care (Medicaid HMO)
9. Molina of Illinois (Walgreens is out of network for Missouri locations only)
10. United Healthcare – All Compass Products
How To Create A Walgreens Pharmacy Account
You can easily create an online Walgreens pharmacy account. Follow the below steps –
1. First, open the browser on your computer and visit the Walgreens official website
2. Then select the Pharmacy & Health tab under the Walgreens logo at the top of the home page
3. Now, you will be redirected to the Pharmacy Home page
4. When the page loads, you will see a blue box near the top of the page labeled “New to Walgreens.com? Sign in or register.”
5. Now click on the “Register” button
6. Then provide the required information and click “Continue”
7. Review the information and then click Submit
8. Next, review the “Notice of Privacy and Practices” and click Accept to complete the process
9. Now, click the Refill Prescriptions button on the lower right side
10. Next, verify your identity online, by phone, or with a prescription number
11. Once your identity is verified, you will get your Prescriptions refilled
FAQs About What Insurance Does Walgreens Accept
Can You Use Insurance At Walgreens Pharmacy?
Yes, you can use insurance at Walgreens pharmacy. Walgreens pharmacy accepts private insurance and processes insurance claims for prescriptions.
Will Walgreens Fill My Prescription Without Insurance?
Yes, Walgreens fills your prescription without insurance. But you must have a doctor’s prescription for Walgreens to fill your medications.
Does Walgreens Accept Medicare?
Yes, Walgreens accepts Medicare. Usually, Walgreens accept Medicare Part B and your qualified supplemental insurance.
Does Walgreens Take Blue Cross Blue Shield?
Yes, Walgreens take a blue cross blue shield.
What Is Walgreens Policy On Filling Prescriptions?
According to Walgreen’s company policy, Walgreens pharmacists can “step away” from filling a prescription if they have a moral objection. In this type of situation, you have to find out someone who can fill your prescription.
Last Updated on October 28, 2021 by Musa D