If you want to build your career in Business Management, a degree in Business Studies will lay a solid foundation for your career. A business degree, specifically a management degree will prepare you for the challenges you may face in the business sector. The importance of earning a business and management studies degree is that you can land in any sector or industry. Considering your areas of interest, you may want to gain relevant professional experience before trying to build your career.
- The job description of a Business Manager will vary from organization to organization but their main duty is to run an organization/business successfully
- A Business Manager may have to plan the function and operation of a section of business work
- Business Managers provide the employees with resources, directions, guidance, leadership, etc.
- The projected job growth of sales managers between 2016 – 2026 is 7%
- The maiden annual salary for general and operations managers in the USA is $99,310
What Is A Business Manager?
A Business Manager plays an important role in managing a functional area of a business company. He/she has diverse duties and job responsibilities to perform. Although the job description of a Business Manager will vary from organization to organization, the essential responsibility remains the same – to play an important role in running a company successfully.
The Role Of A Business Manager
Leading other employees is what a Business Manager usually does. A Business Manager is usually tasked with leading a group of employees. He/she is also responsible for maintaining leadership over a section of business work.
Some Business Managers play important roles in functions. If you find it difficult to discern among the positions, make sure you assign titles to positions appropriately.
For example, there could be titles, such as international sales development leader or international sales development manager.
Major Responsibilities in the Job Description of a Business Manager
By looking at the job ads posted for a Business Manager, we can determine the major responsibilities a Business Manager has to perform.
The major responsibilities could be:
1. Plan: a Business Manager may have to plan the function and operation of a particular area. He/she may be assigned to such responsibility by the seniors in a way that he/she can accomplish the goals. The Business Manager may be responsible for the function of a total organization.
2. Organize And Implement: a Business Manager organizes the production of the workforce, resources, and training necessary to further the end goals of a company. He/she formulates plans to accomplish the desired outcomes.
3. Direction: the Business Manager provides the employees with resources, directions, guidance, leadership, and directions to accomplish the company goals.
4. Monitor: the Business Manager follows up with the plan to ensure that it is properly carried out, and the workforce remained determined to accomplish the goals.
5. Evaluate: the Business Manager has to review and assess the business goals to make sure the company succeeds in the long run.
6. Multitask: the President, vice president, and chairman of a company may have some other tasks that need to be carried out, and they may choose you to perform those tasks. For this reason, you may have to multitask.
Career In Business Management
Now many graduates of Business Management Studies are dubious about where they will be most valued. This section of the article includes the scope a Business Management Studies degree offers.
Let’s find out about career opportunities Business Management Studies degree holders can have in the USA and the rest of the world:
Business Management Career Scopes And Jobs In The USA And World
1. Sales Representative
Projected job growth (2016 – 2026): 6% increase
2016 median annual salary: $60,530 (averaged earnings)
Job overview: Sales representatives build relationships with new customers, and maintain existing relationships with old customers. They explain product features and respond to any questions that customers may ask. Some sell directly to consumers by going to their doorsteps, and some to businesses and other organizations.
2. Marketing Manager
Projected job growth (2016 – 2026): 9% increase
2016 median annual salary: $127,560 (averaged earnings)
Job overview: Marketing managers evaluate the demand for products. They produce services as per the demand. They identify potential markets that could be most valued for the organization’s products and monitor a team for maximizing profits.
3. Sales Manager
Projected job growth (2016 – 2026): 7% increase
2016 median annual salary: $117,960 (averaged earnings)
Job overview: Sales managers formulate an organization’s sales goals. They analyze data and develop training programs for organizations’ new sales representatives.
4. General And Operations Manager
Projected job growth (2016 – 2026): 8% increase
2016 median annual salary: $99,310* (averaged earnings)
Job overview: General and operations managers determine productivity or goal achievement and identify areas that may need budget reduction or program improvement. They analyze performance data to produce such reports.
A Business Manager has an array of career paths to follow. Currently, a company’s success in the business world is largely dependent on its business managers.
Last Updated on November 3, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.