A money order is very easy, affordable and one of the safest ways to make a payment. A money order is very popular around the world because it does not require a bank account and the recipient will definitely receive the payment. MoneyGram is a very popular money transfer company and their money order offers the convenience of a check without the need for a checking account.
Filling out a MoneyGram money order is different from other types of money orders. It is very important to fill out the MoneyGram money order correctly so that the payment is accepted and processed without any complications. Whiling filling out the money order form, you have to provide the name of the person or company where you’re sending the money order, provide a sign of your name and valid address.
Steps To Fill Out A MoneyGram Money Order
A money order is a secure method of payment but not all companies or people will accept money orders as a form of payment. Moreover, you cannot void the payment of a money order like you could with a credit card charge; and the amount won’t bounce back so make sure you fill the form properly. Now follow the below steps.
1. First, you have to buy the money order from the MoneyGram teller. MoneyGram accepts cash, debit card, credit card, or check so you can easily buy a money order from MoneyGram.
2. Once you purchase the money order make sure you fill it out immediately or anyone who picks it up can make it out to him/her and keep the money.
3. Now write the name of the person or business that will receive the money order. You should enter the recipient’s name in the “Pay to the Order Of” line.
4. Then, under the “Pay to the Order Of” line, you’ll find the “Purchaser Signer for Drawer” line. In this section, you have to put your signature. Make sure you use the official signature that matches your valid IDs.
5. Below the signature line, you will find the Address option. Here you have to put the address of the purchaser who has bought the money order, not the recipient’s address. Provide the full address including street, city, state, zip code, etc.
6. Now, separate the money order from its receipt. There is a detachable stub just beside the money order number and it serves as your receipt. You must save the stub until the money order is received by the recipient. This is your proof of payment.
FAQs About MoneyGram Money Order
1. How Much Is A MoneyGram Money Order?
Sending money orders via MoneyGram is very affordable compared to other service providers. It will cost 70 cents for a maximum of $1,000.
2. Can You Get A Refund For A MoneyGram Money Order?
If the money order is cashed then there is no guarantee that a refund will be issued. However, if the money order is not cashed then there is a possibility of a refund if the Money Order Claim Card is properly completed and signed by the purchaser. Moreover, you have to provide the receipt of the money order if you want to claim a refund.
3. Does Walmart Cash MoneyGram Money Orders?
Yes, Walmart cashes MoneyGram money orders. However, you have to pay a small check-cashing fee and if the amount is more than $1,000 then you have to provide a valid government-issued photo ID.
4. Where Can I Cash My MoneyGram Money Order?
You can cash the MoneyGram money order from the nearby ACE Cash Express store, bank, or other check-cashing stores. If the MoneyGram money order is bought from Walmart then you can cash it at any Walmart Financial Services check cashing station for a $3 fee.
5. How Much Money Can You Put On A MoneyGram Money Order?
There is a limit on the MoneyGram money order. You can send a maximum of $1000 per money order.
6. Why Was My MoneyGram Declined?
There are many reasons your MoneyGram money order can be declined. Some of the common reasons are credit card limits, wrong information on the money order form, wrong bank information, etc.
7. What Happens If You Fill Out A Money Order Wrong?
If you fill out a money order wrong then you can’t change the information or overwrite it. The official policy is that the money order must be canceled or refunded.
8. Does CVS Cash MoneyGram Money Orders?
No, CVS doesn’t cash MoneyGram money orders. However, they do sell MoneyGram money orders.
9. How Does MoneyGram Verify Identity?
MoneyGram uses advanced machine learning technology to verify the authenticity of the ID.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.