PlayStation is a very popular home video game console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. The first version of PlayStation was released on 3 December 1994 in Japan. Since its release, PlayStation has become very popular for its extensive game library, popular franchises, low retail price, etc. In PlayStation, you have to buy games before you can play them. So, if you have bought something on PlayStation Store but then you have changed your mind then you can request a refund. According to PlayStation, you can cancel a digital content purchase within 14 days from the date of purchase and receive a refund.
Jump To A Section
- 1 How To Request A Refund On A PlayStation Store Purchase
- 2 How To Request A Refund On A PS4 Or PS5 Game
- 3 What Qualifies For A Refund In The PlayStation Store?
- 4 FAQs About Can You Get A Refund If You Buy Games Online At The PlayStation Store
How To Request A Refund On A PlayStation Store Purchase
Requesting a refund on a PlayStation store purchase is very simple. Here are the details –
1. First Sign in to your PlayStation account, or
2. If you don’t have a PlayStation account then create an account first
3. Now Launch the “chat box” and wait for the bot to initiate a series of questions to start the refund process
4. Then select “Refund Request”
5. Then you will be given a Support ID for your refund case
6. Next, choose “I’m Ready” to begin the refund process
7. When prompted about whether you are the account holder, click “Yes, I am.”
8. Now select the payment type used when the purchase was made
9. Then from the available options select the reason you need a refund
10. After that, you will be asked whether the product is used or not
11. If your answer is yes, the refund won’t be possible
12. So, choose “No” to go to the next step
13. After that, you will be asked how long has it been since the purchase date
14. Finally, you have to provide the support ID to complete the process
How To Request A Refund On A PS4 Or PS5 Game
First, open a browser on your computer
2. Then from the available options select “Request Refund”
3. If you were the owner of the account that was charged then select “Yes”
4. Then select the reason why you’d like a refund
5. After that select the reason why you’re returning the game
6. Then you will be redirected to a live agent
7. Finally, you have to provide the support ID to complete the process
What Qualifies For A Refund In The PlayStation Store?
In PlayStation, three content types are eligible for refunds: games and add-ons, subscriptions, and pre-orders. You will have 14 days before the date of purchase to request a refund. Moreover. there are some other conditions that you have to fulfill before you can get a refund in PlayStation. Full game purchases, in-game consumables, season passes, and any downloadable content is considered under the add-ons refund policy. For Add-ons, if you have already started to download or stream the game or add-on then you can’t qualify for the refund. But for a subscription, you can get a refund despite you’ve already started using the service. But in that case, the refund might be reduced. On the other hand, for pre-ordered games, you have two refund options depending on when you made the purchase. If your purchase date is over 14 days then you could request a refund until the content’s release date. However, if you pre-ordered a game or other content fewer than 14 days from its release date then you can still submit a refund request up to 14 days after the purchase date. When you ask for a refund, PlayStation usually sends the refund to the payment source you used to buy the item. However, if you make the payment with contact (MisterCash), Giropay, Ideal, Paysafecard, Postepay, Sofort, Yandex, mobile operator billing, etc. then the refund will be sent to your PS Store wallet.
FAQs About Can You Get A Refund If You Buy Games Online At The PlayStation Store
Will PlayStation Give Me A Refund?
Yes, PlayStation accepts refund requests. However, in order to get the refund from PlayStation, your refund request have to compile with PlayStation’s refund policy.
How Long Does PlayStation Take To Give A Refund?
If your refund request is granted by PlayStation then it might take at least 7 business days from the day when your refund status changes from “Return Initiated” to “Return Accepted” for your refund to be credited.
Can You Call PlayStation Support?
Yes, you can call PlayStation support. The Telephone number of PlayStation support is 1-800-345-7669.
Can You Undo A Purchase On PlayStation?
No, you can’t undo a purchase on PlayStation. But you can get a refund for a digital content purchase within 14 days from the date of purchase and receive a refund.
How Do I Cancel A Preorder On PS4?
Below are the full details of how you can cancel a preorder on PS4 –
1. First, visit the PlayStation Store website
2. Now from the available options select Account Management
3. Then from the available options select Transaction History
4. Next, find the title that you want to cancel
5. Finally, press the cancel button to complete the process
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.