After reading this article, you will know –
- Minimum age requirements to get a job at Kroger
- How to find out about job openings at Kroger
- Various types of jobs available at Kroger
- Types of Jobs available for minors
- Benefits of working at Kroger
Kroger is one of the leading grocery stores and super shop chains in the USA with more than 2,800 stores across 37 states in the USA. Therefore, Kroger offers lots of job opportunities for fresher as well as students who are looking for part-time jobs. Moreover, teenagers in the USA also show lots of interest in the jobs at Kroger. So, what are the minimum age requirements to work at Kroger?
From the very beginning, the minimum age requirement for working at Kroger is 16. So, you have to be at least 16 years old to apply for a job at Kroger and work as an associate. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t work at Kroger below 16 years old. If you are at least 14 years old then you can work as courtesy clerks, baggers, cart retrievers, etc. at Kroger.
Company Overview: Kroger
Established in 1883 by Bernard Kroger, Kroger is a very renowned and one of the largest food retailing companies in the USA. Kroger owns and operates numerous supermarkets, multi-department stores, fulfillment centers, etc. across the USA. Kroger is the largest supermarket chain in the USA by revenue. Moreover, it is the 2nd largest retailer in the USA after Walmart. Kroger has an average annual sale of $121.1 billion and they have made 137.9 billion USD in revenue in 2022 which makes it the fifth-largest retailer in the world. The employee profile of Kroger is more than 500,000 in 2022!
|The Kroger Company
|Food and Drug Stores
|1014 Vine Street Cincinnati, OH 45202-1100
|Market Value ($M)
Minimum Hiring Age Requirement at Kroger
The usual age requirement of Kroger for hiring new employees is at least 16 years old. However, depending on the job opening, minors can also apply for certain positions at Kroger. But you can apply for a job at Kroger if you are below 14 years old. Moreover, if you are below 16, then you must have a work permit to get a job at Kroger. Many jobs at Kroger require heavy lifting, operation of heavy equipment, etc., and to get this type of job you have to be at least 18 years old. Moreover, if you are 17 or over then you can also apply for fresh associates at Kroger. The below table will give you a clear idea –
|Type of Job
|Age Below 14
|Can’t get a job
|Age Between 14 – 16
|Cashiers and Baggers, Clerks, etc.
|Age Between 17 – 18
|Age Above 18
|Heavy lifting, operating heavy equipment, etc.
How to Find a New Job Opening at Kroger
The best way to find a new job opening at Kroger is to visit their website. On the official website of Kroger, you will be able to see all the available jobs listed accordingly. You can apply for a job directly from that website. You will have to provide some basic information and personal details while applying for a job. Moreover, you can also check the various job listing websites to find out new openings at Kroger. Or you can also visit the nearest Kroger store and find out if there are any job openings available currently.
List of Jobs Available at Kroger
Kroger offers various types of jobs that will suit people of all ages and experiences. If you are a fresher or an experienced professional, you will find a suitable job depending on your age, educational qualification, years of experience, etc. Below is a list of jobs that you can apply for at Kroger –
|Warehouse Order Selector
Online Grocery Pick-Up Clerk
Human Resources Generalist
Overnight Grocery Clerk
Online Grocery Pick-Up Clerk
Master Production Scheduler
Non-Certified Pharmacy Technician
Day Grocery Clerk
Store e-Commerce Supervisor
Southgate Kroger Associate
DC Truck Driver
Customer Service Delivery Driver
Fulfillment Center Delivery Driver
Recruiting and Retention Specialist
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
File Maintenance Clerk
Grocery Clerk (Frozen Food & Dairy)
O/N Grocery Stocker
What Types of Jobs Available for Minors at Kroger?
If you are a minor and if your age is from 14 – 17 then Kroger offers quite a few types of jobs for you. If you have an official work permit then you can apply for the below posts at Kroger –
- Baggers: This is an excellent job option for minors. Here, the main responsibility is to provide exceptional service to customers at the cash counter.
- Order Selector: Here, you have to sort and assemble products and the job responsibility includes lifting, bending, and carrying packages.
- Maintenance Mechanic: The responsibility of this job position is to replace worn, broken, or defective parts of the building.
- Pharmacy Assistant: As a minor, you can apply for pharmacy assistant. The job responsibility includes sorting and storing the medicine, preparing the prescribed product, counting the drugs, etc.
- Meat Clerk: As a meat clerk your job responsibility will be packaging, maintaining the quality, sorting the old products, etc.
- Bakery Clerk: The job responsibility of a bakery clerk is quite similar to a meat clerk. Here, you have to maintain the quality of the bakery items, provide samples to the customers as well as ready the product for customers.
- Cashier: Here, your main responsibility is to process the customer transaction. If you want to apply for this post, then you have to know how to operate a cash register.
What are the Facilities Offered by Kroger for their Employees?
Kroger offers an excellent work environment for its employees. Moreover, it also offers various discounts and facilities to its employees. Some key benefits that you can enjoy while working at Kroger are –
- Part-time and full-time job opportunities
- Paid holidays, sick days, etc.
- Yearly vacation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401K, and Pension Plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- On-Site healthcare
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 10% discount on Kroger foods
- 15% discount on apparel items
- Scholarship program for minor workers who are students
FAQs about How Old Do You have to be to Work at Kroger
Can a 13-year-old work as a bagger?
No, if you are 13 years old then you can’t apply for a bagger at Kroger. You must have to be at least 14 years old to work as a bagger at Kroger.
Does the Kroger near me hire at 14?
The answer to this question depends on what type of job openings are available at Kroger near you. If the job openings are for minors then you can apply for the jobs at 14.
What age does Kroger hire Texas?
If you live in Texas and want to work at Kroger then you have to be at least 14 years old with a valid work permit. Otherwise, you won’t be able to work at Kroger.
What do baggers do at Kroger?
The main job responsibility of a bagger at Kroger is to collect and packs the products into the grocery bag and help the customers load the products/bags into their vehicles.
Do you get paid for training at Kroger?
Kroger has various paid internships for new employees. If you enroll for a paid internship then you will definitely get paid for training at Kroger.
Last Updated on August 7, 2022 by Ana S. Sutterfield