Do you want to feel supercharged when planning an event?
Are you looking for motivation to conquer roadblocks?
Planning an event or conference is hard. The process takes time and even professionals experience obstacles all the way. If you are an event planner, chances are you have a hard time balancing brand and sponsor interests, high-value integrations, and other attendee must-haves.
All of these are part of the planning and you have to deal with them when you are an event professional. It features the good, the bad, and the ugly of organizing a successful event.
But, when you’re feeling down you will obviously need a little pick-me-up. To feel energized, check out the quotes from experts, industry pros, and master planners in all things planning. These quotes listed below will get you through rough times so that you can achieve event success.
1. “To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan not quite enough time.” – Leonard Bernstein
As an event professional, you will hardly feel that there’s enough time. Without the end in sight, you may feel a bit lazy, and slack off. But, when the event is knocking on the door, you’ve got to go! This quote finds that even amidst the stress, chaos, you may find success. So, don’t let go.
2. “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the ax.” – Abraham Lincoln
This quote from the US’ 16th president emphasizes laying the right groundwork. You know what it needs to be done to pull off a successful event – lots of effective planning. Spend time being prepared and well organized. Be prepared in a way that ensures you are 100% ready when the event day comes.
3. “Time is what we want most but what we use worst.” – William Penn
Time management is the key. It is important in the event industry as well as during the planning phases.
4. “Focus on being productive instead of being busy.” – Tim Ferris
This quote shows that there’s a difference between being busy and productive. If you are trying to be productive, you need to stay focused on becoming more organized.
5. “Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets with planning.” – Thomas Edison
Planning and utilizing opportunities are necessary for the event industry. You should work hard to coordinate among everything involved in an event.
6. “Planning without action is futile, action without planning is fatal.” – Cornelius Fichtner
Never jump into organizing an event without planning first. Also, don’t afraid to plan and translate it into action.
7. “I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.” – Maya Angelou
Don’t feel discouraged if your first organized event was an unsuccessful one. Time will prepare you to be a better event manager.
8. “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll end up someplace else,” – Yogi Berra
9. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “So live life with your eyes wide open, so you can embrace unexpected moments because you never know when you will be inspired.” – David Tutera
Check out the top 10 quotes to inspire event professionals. You can
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.