What are the responsibilities of an event planner?
What should an event planner perform?
Event planners handle a multitude of tasks with one goal in mind: to make the event successful. An event planner is tasked with handling all aspects of professional events and meetings. Besides choosing meeting venues, arranging transportation, there are other responsibilities.
In this article, I listed top 10 responsibilities of an event planner:
- Work closely with their client, and manage all aspects related to the event planning process that could include:
- Collaborating with subcontractors
- Identifying venue
- Developing menu
- Printing and designing of materials
- Tracking budget
- Work under the budget parameters set by the client. Solicits bids from caterers and local venues. Then, he/she hires the skilled ones in conjunction with budget.
- Contract for transporting and lodging services for guests. Offer additional information on accommodation facilities in case of an event lasting for several days.
- Work closely with the client to determine the venue. After creating a list of potential venue, inspect the venues to make sure they meet the client’s demands.
- Communicate with on-site staff and develop a network that could make each community event a successful and easy one.
- Confer with managers of several departments within the company. Collaborate with local community groups.
- During the event, supervise the setup for the event. Manage the use of equipment such as video screens and sound systems. Arrange means to keep the host and guests satisfied and entertained.
- Select featured speakers for seminars if required. Send invitations several days prior to the event. Confirm and announce their presence. Make sure the event progresses as planned and stays on schedule. Prepare and cue the featured performers and speakers.
- Have excellent communication competence in both written and verbal form and communicate fluently with everyone involved.
- Have marketing skills to encourage guests to attend the event. Be knowledgeable about the product being lunched or business grand openings. Attend community functions to build a network, identify potential opportunities, and capitalize on those opportunities.
The responsibilities section of an event planner is involved with coordinating all aspects of professional events and meetings. What does an event planner do? Learn his/her responsibilities and duties from this article.