The bank management system is a set of software tools and processes that banks use to manage their cash flows, customer relationships, risk-taking, and technology.
- The main purpose of bank management system is to improve the efficiencies of the total banking experience
- Bank management system uses various tools to render services and maximize profits
- Bank management system introduced the uniform laws to increase the public trust
- Some common examples of the evaluation of bank management are the introduction of ATMs and online banking
Article At A Glance
1. The Origin of Banking Management System
2. Evolution of Banking Management System
3. The Major Changes a Banking Management System of Today Faced
4. How Banking Management System Is Shaping the Banking Industry
5. What Does a Bank Management System Team Do?
6. How Banking Management System Works
The Origin Of Banking Management System
The need for a system, which could ensure quality services to customers had always been there. The need for such a system becomes really indispensable when many banking activities are monitored by the government. Banks that deal with banking activities on a larger scale are the ones that usually have to comply with the rules set by the government.
And, this requires a bank management system. The system has proved effective in coordinating among the customers, the government, and the banks.
It gives us a system in which the government is allowed to play an important role with its control over the banking system. And, the bank can also offer quality services to the customers.
Evolution of Banking Management System
The modern banking system caters to a wide range of financial services. The banking management system can be traced back to the Roman Empire where the banking management system was practiced. But, the system wasn’t systematic. And, it didn’t have a framework as the modern banking system does.
So, the banking management system evolved gradually in each and every sector of the banking sector.
The Major Changes a Banking Management System of Today Faced:
Some of the major changes that occurred regarding the modern banking system are as follows:
1. Money replaced barter system, which produced transaction uniform
2. To increase public trust, uniform laws were established
3. Centralized banks were set up to manage other banks
4. Bookkeeping transformed from papers to digital with the advent of computers
5. ATM booths were established for easier withdrawal of money
6. Internet banking system emerged with the introduction of the Internet
How Banking Management System Is Shaping the Banking Industry
The banking industry has witnessed extreme growth over the last couple of centuries and it will continue to undergo it in the future. And, such overwhelming growth can be attributed to effective banking management systems.
The scale and the extent of the banking sector need to be global to be functional. A banking management system can play a significant role in assessing risk management (interest rate, credit, and currency risks).
What Does a Bank Management System Team Do?
Within every bank lies a team that monitors, manages, and handles all the financial tasks related to the bank. And, the team is called a Bank Management Team. They have several tasks to accomplish. And, they are:
1. A bank management team assess management expertise in planning, policy development, strategic analysis, and management functions.
2. The team will manage the quality of planning.
3. The team will ensure customer satisfaction and resolve any problems or complaints.
4. A bank management system team will meet the highest level of customer service.
5. The management team will supervise the human resources of the bank.
6. A Bank Management System Team will manage control systems, such as auditing and internal auditing, risks liquidity, and monitoring of profitability.
How Banking Management System Works
The banking management system performs several different functions. However, the functions could differ based on the network of institutions.
#For example commercial banks offer payment and loan functions, which help us deposit funds and use our checking accounts. This allows us to pay our bills or make purchases. They can also help us purchase homes or cars.
The central banking management system is tasked with distributing currency and setting up money-related policies. Investment banks or systems allow us to deal with capital markets.
Bottom Line – banking management system has revolutionized our ways of financing, transacting, and maximizing profits. The success of a bank largely depends on how well its management team performs.
Last Updated on October 7, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.