Both Recurly and Stripe are very popular online payment processing platforms. If you have a mid-size and large subscription-style business then Recurly will be the best option for you. On the other hand, if you are looking for the best credit card processors for online business then Stripe will be an excellent option.
Jump To A Section
- If you are not able to buy a high-priced and feature-rich recurring billing solution then Recurly will be a much more affordable option
- Recurly offers an enterprise-level platform for recurring billing management that is designed especially for subscription-based SaaS, Web 2.0, and Mobile businesses
- Stripe is an end-to-end recurring billing service provider that is designed to accept payment online and on mobile apps
- Strip allows its users to send and receive payments over the internet as well as supports ready-to-go integrations and prebuilt checkout forms for the businesses
- The pricing of Recurly ranges from $99/month to $500,000/month (depending on the package) while the pricing of Stripe is a simple pay-as-you-go scheme and it’s a 2.9% + 30c charge for every successful credit and debit card transaction
What Is Recurly?
Recurly is one of the best pay-as-you-go recurring billing options for merchants. This recurring billing service is very easy to set up, integrations are quick and it is the best solution for mid-size and large subscription-style businesses. Moreover, it is a good option for businesses that are unable to buy a high-priced and feature-rich recurring billing solution for their existing customers. Recurly has only one pricing model and that’s the monthly payment. Recurly offers an enterprise-level platform for recurring billing management that is designed especially for subscription-based SaaS, Web 2.0, and Mobile businesses.
Features Of Recurly
1. Connect Gateways and Merchant Accounts
2. Build Recurly Integrations
3. Import Current Subscribers
5. Trials and Setup Fees
7. Multi-Subscription Support
8. Virtual terminal
9. Automated Communications
10. Coupons and Discounts
11. One-Time Transactions
14. Metered billing
15. Intelligent Payment Routing
16. Recover Lost Revenue
17. Rich Reporting Data
18. Dunning management
19. Account Updater
Integrations Of Recurly
Recurly supports integrations with the below business systems and applications:
2. MailChimp Integration
3. User Roles
Pricing Of Recurly
Recurly has three pricing options. They are:
Core Package: The fee of this package is $99/month. This package is best for businesses that have only credit card-based subscriptions.
Enterprise Package: The fee of this package is $299/month. If your business has multiple payment options like a credit card, checks, and international currencies then this package will be a good option.
Custom Package: You have to contact the Recurly support team for this package. This package is the best option for businesses that process more than $500,000/month.
What Is Stripe?
Stripe is an online payment processing platform and one of the best credit card processors for online businesses. Strip allows its users to send and receive payments over the internet in a convenient way. Stripe is very easy to use and you can easily connect it to your existing e-commerce stores and websites. Moreover, Stripe supports ready-to-go integrations and prebuilt checkout forms so you can customize Stripe according to your requirements. It supports two types of payment, monthly and quote-based. Stripe is an end-to-end recurring billing service provider that is designed to accept payment online and on mobile apps. Stripe comes with other software that prevents fraud transections, manages revenue, and helps grow your business internationally.
Features Of Stripe
1. Embeddable checkout Add
2. Invoice support
3. Custom UI toolkit
4. 135+ currencies
5. Local payment methods
6. Global support
7. Secure payment info collection
8. Data security and encryption
9. Secure Dashboard access
10. Control payout timing
11. Like-for-like settlement
12. Transparent payouts
13. Real-time reporting
14. QuickBooks + NetSuite support
15. 24×7 support
16. Technical support over IRC
17. World-class documentation
18. Direct integration to card networks
19. Monitor and measure disputes
20. iOS and Android Dashboard apps
21. Roles and permissions
22. Client libraries and SDKs
23. Comprehensive testing tools
Integrations Of Stripe
Stripe supports lots of pre-built tools, products, and extensions. They are:
5. Sage Business Cloud
6. Amex Express Checkout
7. Visa Checkout
8. Masterpass by MasterCard
9. Revenue Recognition from ChartMogul
11. Plum Voice
15. Pay with Bolt
17. Ramp Receipts
18. Zoho Reports
23. Hall Monitor
24. Swiftype Enterprise Search
27. Excel Rescue
29. Due Mobile Payments
31. Databox Analytics
32. GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping
Pricing Of Stripe
The pricing of Stripe will suit businesses of all sizes. It has a simple pay-as-you-go pricing scheme. Stripe doesn’t have any setup or monthly fees. You only have to pay when you will use the service. The pricing is reasonable; it’s a 2.9% + 30c charge per successful credit and debit card transaction. For other payment methods, you have to choose the vendor’s pricing list. Stripe also supports customized packages for businesses. You have to contact the Stripe support/Sales team for customized pricing.
Which Is Better? Recurly Or Stripe
This is a bit tricky question to answer because both Recurly and Stripe are two different platforms. Here, Recurly is a tool for managing subscription billing, on the other hand; Stripe is a payment getaway. So which one you should choose totally depends on your business. You should compare the features, pricing, pros, cons of Recurly and Stripe and then choose the best one. Moreover, the price of Recurly is a bit high and it’s really more of an enterprise-level platform. So if you are just starting your business then Stripe will be a better option for you.
Last Updated on October 31, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.