The Capital One Platinum Credit Card is a very popular credit card of Capital One Bank. Capital One Financial Corporation mostly known as Capital One Bank is America’s one of the largest banks specializing in credit cards, auto loans, banking, and savings accounts, and many more. So, if you have a Capital One Platinum credit card and wondering whether you can activate your card online then you should read this article. Here I will discuss how you can activate a Capital One Platinum credit card online. Let’s explore!
What is Capital One Platinum Credit Card?
The Capital One Platinum credit card will be an excellent option for you if you have an average credit score. The Platinum credit card from Capital One Bank offers the credit you need with no annual fee! This credit card has an annual fee of $0 and it also doesn’t have any foreign transaction fees. The best part of this credit card is, if you can make on-time payments for as little as six months then you will get the chance to earn a higher credit limit.
Features of Capital One Platinum Credit Card
- This credit card doesn’t need excellent credit or high income to be approved
- There is a pre-qualification tool available that will help you find out whether you are eligible for the card or not
- You can keep the Capital One Platinum card indefinitely because it doesn’t have any annual fee
- You do not need to provide any security deposit for this credit card
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card reports to all 3 credit bureaus
- The easy Account Management feature of this card helps you build or rebuild your credit easily
- If you make your payments on time for at least 5 consecutive statement periods, then you can earn a higher credit limit
- There is no penalty APR for late payments on this credit card
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card has convenient and simple online account access
- It allows you to pick your own due date that works for you
- You can pay the account balance by check, online, or at a local branch
- The CreditWise allows you to enjoy unlimited free access to your credit score and other tools to help you monitor your credit
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card doesn’t have any foreign transaction fees
- You can use the Capital One Platinum Credit Card anywhere MasterCard is accepted
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card provides identity theft resolution services:
- Assistance in completing a formal Identity Theft Affidavit
- Notification to credit bureaus
- Placing an alert on your account
- Providing the cardholder with an Identity Theft Resolution Kit
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card doesn’t have any balance transfer fees
Interest Rates and Interest Charges of Capital One Platinum Credit Card
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases and Transfers
|25.24%.This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
|APR for Cash Advances
|25.24%.This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
|Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on new purchases, provided you have paid your previous balance in full by the due date each month. We will begin charging interest on cash advances and transfers on the transaction date.
|For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
|To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Fees of Capital One Platinum Credit Card
|Transaction FeesTransferCash Advance
|3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you.None for balances transferred at the Transfer APR.Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
|Penalty FeesLate Payment
|Up to $40.
How to Activate a Capital One Platinum Credit Card?
There are three easy ways you can activate your Capital One Platinum credit card. They are –
- Activate the Card Online
- Activate the Card by Phone
- Activate the Card with a Mobile App
1. Activate the Card Online
You can activate a Capital One Platinum card online and the process is very simple. You will need a Capital One online account to activate your platinum credit card online. If you don’t have a Capital One online account then you have to sign up using your personal details such as Social Security number, bank account number, and date of birth. Once you have created your online account, follow the below steps –
- First, open a browser on your computer
- Next visit the Capital One official website
- Login to your Capital One online account
- After that find your Platinum credit card
- Next, Use the last three-digit security code on the back of your card to activate the card
2. Activate the Card by Phone
You can easily activate your Capital One platinum credit card by phone. To activate your Capital One card by phone, you need to:
- Call 800-227-4825
- Follow the instructions
- Activation requires both the 16-digit card number and the card’s security code
3. Activate the Card with a Mobile App
You can also use the Capital One mobile app to activate your platinum credit card. Follow the below steps –
- First, download the Capital One mobile app on your smartphone
- Now login to your Capital One online account using the username and password
- Next click on your profile and from the available options select Account settings
- Now choose your credit card
- Finally, click on the “Activate credit card” option to complete the process
FAQs about How Do I Activate a Capital One Platinum Credit Card Online
Who can qualify for the Capital One Platinum card?
Anyone can qualify for The Capital One Platinum Credit Card if he/she has fair credit or better. But the eligibility for Capital One Platinum Card isn’t decided by credit scores only. The income, debts, and other factors of the applicant are also considered.
Does the Capital One Platinum card earn miles or points?
The Capital One Platinum card is not rewards-earning. So, this card won’t earn you miles or points.
What’s the interest rate on the Capital One Platinum card?
The interest rate (APR) on the Capital One Platinum card is variable. It is currently at a variable of 26.99%, but it can fluctuate.
Is the Capital One Platinum card worth it?
The Capital One Platinum card is definitely worth it. If you have no credit history or less than perfect credit score then this would be the best credit card option for you. This credit card is packed with lots of features and it does not charge an annual fee. Moreover, it also offers a customer-friendly online account management tool to increase the value of the card.
How can I qualify for a higher credit limit with the Capital One Platinum card?
When you are approved for the Platinum card, you will get a credit limit of $300. But, you can increase this credit limit by making all the payments in time. If you can make your payments on time for at least 5 consecutive statement periods then you will be able to increase your credit limit according to your requirements.
Last Updated on August 6, 2022 by Ana S. Sutterfield
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.