Champs sports return policy is basic rules designed by the retail store to manage how customers return or exchange unwanted products they have already purchased. This policy is created to aware customers of the types of merchandise that can be returned and the reasons attached to it. Additionally, the return policy tells the buyers the specified timeframe for which returned goods can be accepted.
- Champs sports is one of the biggest sport retail store in the United States
- If you made the payment using PayPal then Champs sports will make the refund to the PayPal account
- When you return a product at Champs sports, a return shipping fee of $6.99 will be deducted from the refund
- While returning a product, you have to make sure that the product is in its original packaging or Champs Sports will refuse the return
What do I need to know about champs sports return policy?
Champs sports is one of the biggest sport retail store in the United States. They are specialized in sport clothing, footwear, equipment and other sport related accessories. They are regarded as the largest athletic sport-specialty retail store particularly in North America, and have over 580 stores across Canada and the united states. As a large and reputable e-commerce retail store, champs sports puts a return and refund policy in place to meet customers challenges on purchased items.
In this policy, customers are allowed to return unwanted or displeased products within forty five days after shipment. The product’s tag must remain intact and it must be returned in a good condition for it to be accepted by the company. According to champs sports return policy, cash refund can only be processed through the same mode of payment used in the original order by the customer. In addition to that, all purchases made through PayPal will be refunded in the customer’s PayPal account after few days. In cases of incorrect or defective product being shipped to a customer, a standard shipping charges will be included and a return shipping fee of $6.99 will be deducted from all refund.
How can I start a return or exchange of product purchased on champs sport?
Customers that are displeased with the items purchased on champs sporty can request for a return on exchange. However, there are few important things such customers should know which will be highlighted and discussed below.
- Champs sports will reject all request for an exchange or return of product that has elapsed the 45 days after shipment rule stated in its policy.
- All purchased product with size issues will be exchanged for a fitted one free of charge.
- Customers must ensure all products they are sending back a refund or exchange are well tagged in their original boxes.
- As a rule, all refunds, exchanges and returns are subjected to the champs sports return policy.
- Customers will get their refund credited by the same payment method used in the original order.
- On average, it normally take 3 to 7 business days for all returns to reach the warehouse.
- Refunds and gift cards will include tax and product amounts only.
- Customers are endeavor to enclose the original copy of invoice, register receipt or packing slip for their return products to be accepted.
What is the step by step guide on how to process an exchange or return on champs sports?
Customers can request for a refund or exchange of unwanted products they already purchased on champs sporty using this basic step-by-step guide below.
- Open the champs sporty official website. Find a store near you and click on it.
- Click the tab direction you to return to champs sports distribution for a refund or exchange.
- Follow the prompts and fill in the required details.
- Fill in your full name, address, available phone number with the reason why you want to refund or exchange the product in the return form.
- If the item is for an exchange, state the size, color and style number of the product you prefer in exchange.
Returns and exchange of unwanted products can be processed using these simple steps above. However, a service fee of $6.99 will be deducted from your refund and you should keep your order number and return tracking number for reference purposes.
We have a complied list of frequently asked questions and answers about what champs sports return policy is all about. Let’s have a look at them!
Does footlocker owns champs sports?
No! Champs sports is an American retail store that specializes in selling sport equipment. It only operates as a subsidiary of footlocker. Sporting equipment are such as footwear, clothing and other accessories are available for sale at champs sports.
Does champs sports ship to Canada?
Shipping policy at champs sports underwent some few adjustments recently which restricts its shipments to in the united states. This places includes Hawaii, Alaska and American territories like Puerto Rico and Guam.
How reliable is the champs sports website?
Evidently from the relatively low customer ratings and reviews, the feedbacks indicates that customers are not entirely satisfied with the champs sports service. Regardless, champs sports is rated at the 127th position among the sport retail websites.
Do champs sports have a store in Canada?
Yes! Champs sports have 33 stores in Canada and about 532 outlets across North America. In an attempt to enlarge the coast of its successful e commerce business, the company is targeting an expansion from the united States to its Canadian customers via the launch of champsports.ca as it was publicly announced by Guy Harkless, the general manager and vice president of champs sports.
Are champs sports returns and exchange free of charge?
Yes! There are no additional cost for requesting a refund or exchange of unwanted purchases. However, the stipulation period for such procedure is 45 days after shipment.
We have come to the very end of this informative article we hope you were able to find enough resources in your quest to know what champs sports return policy entails. For more questions, kindly reach out to us via the comments section.
Last Updated on November 11, 2022 by Magalie D.
Magalie D. is a Diploma holder in Public Administration & Management from McGill University of Canada. She shares management tips here in MGTBlog when she has nothing to do and gets some free time after working in a multinational company at Toronto.